Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [FVSL Division 1] Results & Banter - February '05

Who will win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree we did shite the bed & did not play well!The Rangers were the better team today! But all I'm going to say is your going to have to play better than that to beat Langley Premier. I saw LUFC play against GEU & they played very well.

Cheers
Rex

irish rover

Aug 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fare enough Rex maybe the Gers need to play better to beat LUFC but lets also remember the Gers seem to be playing to the level there playing against as of late.It could have easily been 3or4 bagel if Zaurrini opps#7 got he ball to Halvy quicker on the 2 0n 1 and the missed PK call on step in the first half.

Cheers IR

White Shoes

Jun 6, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I totally agree, Rex you have to remember we were playing with guys in very bad card trouble. I could only imagine what would of happened if we went in alittle harder and played more physical. The best player on the park for Dewdney was #7, I honestly can't see how the offensive of that team can score that many goals. Is the defense in Div 1 that bad or that stupid, come on it"s not that hard to figure it out. As for Langley we know that we have to play one of are best games but let me tell you that Rangers always seem to play well in big and important games. It's going to be a good one.

P.S Thanks Halvy for peaking at the right time and for Wade telling the Ref not to use his name, by the way I'm #22.
And thanks for coming out Big Man you played a great game.

THE RANGERS KEEP ROLLING AND ROLLING AND ROLLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice having Big Mac in the back eh?

White Shoes said:
THE RANGERS KEEP ROLLING AND ROLLING AND ROLLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's keep Stepchild's post game celabatory festivities out of this shall we?

:D

Well done lads.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rex said:
I agree we did shite the bed & did not play well!The Rangers were the better team today! But all I'm going to say is your going to have to play better than that to beat Langley Premier. I saw LUFC play against GEU & they played very well.

Cheers
Rex

Spot on.

We were playing (as White SHoes said) with card troubles, nagging injuries (as most teams are late in the season) & with only a couple subs.

I was most surprised at how your team just didnt look interested in playing before the kickoff.

We actually looked across the field and said
"wow, this team isnt ready to play today"
You guys are in a race for first place, so I expected it to be a much tougher game. We didnt touch Wade...I mean #22 all game (like the raping he got from us last game). Just let him make his poor runs into offside positions, watching him bitch to the ref "dont call me Wade" bitch to his team-mates, and bitch to the sidelines. I was actually embarassed for your team.

you guys are in first place, so you have to be a decent squad. But on the day you guys simply stunk.
We only played as hard as we had to, to win.

We really aren't looking forward to any of our league games.
From here on in, its all about facing Langley.
We are the only Div 1 team left in the PAK cup.....so let's not play Langley for another couple of weeks.
But we know that if we are going to beat the best team in the Valley, we are going to have to play the game of our lives.

Zaurrini...I mean #7

White Shoes

Jun 6, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that stepchild is trying to vote himself as possible MVP by the sounds of his last post hey Rangerforever. What do you think he's got my vote.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
White Shoes said:
I think that stepchild is trying to vote himself as possible MVP by the sounds of his last post hey Rangerforever. What do you think he's got my vote.

Has Stepchild played the last three games??? :confused:

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
Has Stepchild played the last three games??? :confused:
Ya, I was the guy marking your guy and my guy! :D :mad:
As for MVP, WS I did not see your name on the ballot!
MVP-no, Selke-good chance.

BrandonSampson

Nov 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Port Moody Fury 2 @ Aldergrove 4

They out played us pretty good for the whole match, were up 2-0 at the half, and then 3-0 mid way thru the second half when suddenly we scored 2 goals and came to life and played with some intensity for 15 minutes and then they potted another one and it was over. Sorry Rex/Trapper we tried :p

Brandon

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I caught most of the Rangers - Dewdney match Saturday and i agree the Rangers deserved to win on the day, however no one has mentioned how well ian played between the pipes. He made at least 3 FANTASTIC saves when the score was 1-0.

They will need that type of keeping when they play LUFC.

As for the race for first:

Dewdney - at Highlanders, at ND, Sporting
Aldergrove - at Raiders, GEU, at Sporting

I think you have to like Dewdney's schedule considering the Raiders seem to be coming on

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Rangers, you took adavantage of a team that for some reason didn't have soccer on their mind. we had guys coming from playing hockey right before the game. A bunch of guys, including myself, with the flu. But that's no excuse for that showing. Worst game of the year for us. But we knew we could afford to lose one of our remaining games and still come out on top. We do hold the tiebreaker against Aldergrove, but I didn't want us to have to make it that close. We need 3 points out of our last 3 games to claim second, at worst. The guys knew at the end of the game that it was a bad one. We just weren't into playing at all. it happens sometimes. We'll go back and have a great training session this week and come out next week ready to play. That's for sure.

I'll also mention you keeper. He made a couple of great saves to keep it 1-0. Plus Wade putting it over the bar from 6 yards out on a open net helped. But nonetheless, he made some great saves for you guys. If you guys could find some consistency you would easily be on the top of the league. I must say one thing here though. You complain about how much Wade whines, yet Halvy was whinning everytime someone touched him. Horrible! I thought we whinned alot, but that was ridiculous. Your bench was right in on it as well. You are definately our equals in that department.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's what happens when downtown is on the sidelines. :D

I think all teams do their fair share of whining and it goes up with the importance of the game and it goes up a bit more when your team is behind.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
trapper said:
I must say one thing here though. You complain about how much Wade whines, yet Halvy was whinning everytime someone touched him. Horrible! I thought we whinned alot, but that was ridiculous. Your bench was right in on it as well. You are definately our equals in that department.
Trapper, I think we were referring more to how wade, I mean #22, deals with everything on and off the field. Halvie get's pissed as well, but do you hear him swearing at guys on his/your sidelines, his/your mates on the field, your fans on your sidelines and best of all at the ref about using his name to calm him down. Ya halvie moans to the ref..........but NO comparison there my friend.........and yes we all bitch and moan.

Good point milhouse, Ian is healthy now and getting better since being out for 2/3rds of the season. He always makes saves when we need him :) .

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with you Stepchild. Wade tends to get very frustrated and he verbalizes it to all around him. It's not the correct way to deal with it, and hopefully we can fix it. I'd like to see him get pissed and have him elevate his play to show it. Most of the great players do that. But in his defence, we were all getting at one another. As a team we were very frustrated with how we played and that translated into bitching at one another. It happens. I never heard him talking to the ref about his name, but I kinda wish I did so I could slap him upside the head!

Hopefully we can get it sorted out and get some wins going to end the year on a positive.

Good luck against LFC guys!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
trapper said:
it happens sometimes.

It seems to happen a lot against the Rangers. ;)

Good to see kudos going out to Ian Johnston.
We miss him desperately this year not having him with the Old Farts.
I rate him as one of the best keepers in the FVSL.

I'm totally appalled and surprised about the whining comments though.
Completely out of character.

:rolleyes:

:D

suckit

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rex said:
I agree we did shite the bed & did not play well!The Rangers were the better team today!
Rex

rex,

i really feel for you.
a pationate hardworking coach with a fairly low skilled team in first place.
tough stuff. frustrating, to say the least.
saturday, it looked like you guys woke up and unknowingly were thrown into first place with nothing but 2 players to back you up.
one who strutts around the field like a showdog posing and making dumb comments at every chance he gets.
tell wade to come back to earth. thats definately your top priority...
cheers

trapper

May 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It always happens against the Rangers RF!! We can never beat you guys. I think I've been on this team for 4-5 years, and we have a couple of ties and a bunch of losses. I think we are emotionally scarred from some of the beatings you've given us. We never seem to have a great performance against your lot.

As for Saturday suckit, I agree we didn't look like a first place team at all. But as for having a fairly low skilled team, get real. What does that make you guys?? We took 6 points from you guys. We deserve to be in the top two. We've been consistent all year long to this point. We've taken points we should, and some we shouldn't have taken. In order to be at the top, you must be consistent week in and week out. Sure you're going to have a bad game here and there. But when we've been bad we've managed to scrape a point out of it, usually. If the Rangers were consistent this year, they would have walked away with it. They do have the most skill in the league, but some bad ties and losses have really hurt them in the standings. You don't have to have the most skilled team to win it all. Teamwork and determination will win lots of games. I would rather have a team full of plumbers that works hard every single game and leaves it all on the field, than a team full of skillfull players that have no idea what it means to play as a team.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed trapper, guys who know their roles may be the best assets for a team. All those years the original Rangers were together and successful was due to a well balanced team. Look at Poco this year, a team that does not practice and has taken both from us, and 4/6 from GEU. They have had a balanced line up in the past and have occasionally shown up to win this year.
All in all though, a team needs to be consistent to win and you and Alderhole are the only ones that have done so.
I hope we can be consistent against Langley or it may be a long day. :eek: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0