Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Division 2] Pre-Season Banter ~ Aug. '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for your interesting analysis (snore). :eek:

Celtic method changed a bit this year, just a bunch of guys that want to play together and have fun. Kinda like JTLs team. :)

It just turns out that they can play soccer too, they will certainly be higher than midpack this year. What team are on, If you're are in Div 2 I'd like to predict how much higher than you they will finish. :D

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
Its the mark of a solid club system, one that should be looked at as a blueprint of how clubs should operate...don't you agree walls? ;)

~Shaven
i think our *middle* club teams have been very impressive over the last few years and i expect it'll only get better from here. also we may have a U21 team with a real coach again in d-town. a novel idea!

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
Heard they got some average pickups in the off season that may help, but possibly, hinder them this year.

Damming with faint praise eh, OUCH.

Thought you might have been wearing the white and green after a stellar summer playing with the ladies? Not so though, too bad.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe next year.
Wanted to give the new changes at GEU a chance first.

I did have a stellar year, burning past the ladies and meggin them at every opportunity.
:)

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guess who's back, :knvb:
Back again, :wa:
Guru's back, :bronco
Tell some men, :rolleyes:

Rub my back, :confused: feel my sack, :eek: lick my crack!! :D

Tee hee.... I kill me....

First thing, Bored.... I hear your concern about the DFC coaching... already the coach and Snowman are bickering about 4 - 4 - 2, or 3 - 5 - 2 ..... those brothers are always at each other over something... I wouldn't be surprised to see the DFC fall apart mid game in some family fight.... Hows my Jack-the-lad impression :p

The Celtic lost 3 of their top players last year to Poco, because they wanted to play with friends and family, so they dropped to Div 3... Ironicaly, The same thing happened in return. It should make for a great year and a lot of fun.... not to mention a positive cash flow in the beer fund!!

Hey Wolfy, It looks to be a great year for piss takin.... I'm looking forward to it!

Shaven.... your post couldn't be more wrong if you tried! Sorry man, I gotta straighten it out though.

This is DFC's 3rd year as a club. The Razorbacks came from Alouette, and the Celtic came from U18 4 years ago, and thier first year was as an independant team out of Pitt Meadows. Rex and the Guru combined teams to start Dewdney FC. razors in Div 1, and Celtic in Div 3. Celtic were in the bottom half of div 4 the first year, but only lost to one team above them. Div 4 colapsed and we ended up in Div 3. We were in 3rd place that year, and ended up in Div 2 the next... (promoted only because of expansion) In Div 2 we ended up in 5th, but only lost once to teams above us... This year I figure with some fine tuning and some new additions, we should be able to do better than 5th place. :)

Hey JTL: Can't go by that game for what Div 2 is like.... you'll do well here... The only reason the celtic were even in it was due to bringing the coach/goalie out of retirement for that one... he was steller and stoned your frunt runners all night... ;) The keeper at the other end must have been wearing a blindfold though!!! He was shocking.... or maybe he was just hurt :confused:

Good luck this year to all teams... I mean the ones who play the Celtic!

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
welcome back from the old age home Guru :D I ran into Snowman today at First touch soccer in Pitt meadows best soccer store by the way :D :D :D and he tells me he's now a General :confused: and he said you guys aren't going to lose a game or even get any draws Celtic are goign to go undefeated :confused: :confused: :confused: well I wish you all the best :rolleyes: he said you plan to be +100 in goals (now if that isn't a piss take then I have no clue what is) :eek:

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sometimes it is just too easy. If it weren't for our terrible goal keeping the other night it might have been a game. However, the keeper was quite a handsome fella I might ad. Much nicer looking than the gorilla between the other pipes.

JTL

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
Shaven.... your post couldn't be more wrong if you tried! Sorry man, I gotta straighten it out though.

I stand corrected, oh wise guru...thanks for the lesson. ;) I will say though, those are still pretty solid results, so I wasn't completely off with my assessment, and I do know about the Alouette origins already. But fair enough for the corrections. I must have had you confused with GEU... :eek: :eek: :eek:

:D Just kidding.

~Shaven

LSD

May 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,

I've got to give credit where due, nice work on the recent profiles and avatars.

Can I request a David Pratt theme for the next one? Your signature could be "Greg De Vries is an outstanding defenceman!" :D

Payce.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love the confidence the 'footballers' on this thread have. I think it is time we start having some valid predictions on where teams will end up this year. Also can't believe that VMSL have their schedules out already but the FVSL,according to Coach, won't be out till next week : :rolleyes: . If teams haven't submitted their required info, why isn't someone from the league following up on this or at least setting a dead line with penalties if not met by? If some teams play next Fri or Sat nite and aren't getting the schedules till Mon, Teus, or Wed, just seems so bush. That's my rant.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
utah said:
I love the confidence the 'footballers' on this thread have. I think it is time we start having some valid predictions on where teams will end up this year.

Celtics in a cake walk.
Guru, coach of the year
Snowman Rookie of the Year.
Sliver MVP.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
GURU, thanks for the breakdown on the history dewdney. some of us have wondered what sewage drain you guys crawled out of and when(ya'll got sewage out thar huh? :p ). as far as predictions go....pretty tough to do until our fearless leaders of the league get a fcukin schedule and divisional alignment out. they need to get their shite together earlier(or for that matter, just get it together!) i can't wait for next wednesday when i find out we're playing friday night :rolleyes: .
ps- guru, give us a little teaser on what your article next weeks gonna be about in the dewdney gazette.
savethesmallessaysforinterestingshitplease

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
Celtics in a cake walk.
Guru, coach of the year
Snowman Rookie of the Year.
Sliver MVP.
some very prestigouse(sp) awards given out by the dewdney township!! i especially like the cake walk. i assume its old-school rules.....everyone on celtic walks on numbered cake logos until the music stops, then a number is drawn and the guy on the corresponding number wins a cake. brilliant award. i know one team that will definately give you a run for your money for that award...........the subway party sub club, better known as the DFC Rovers/Coachmen :D :D !!
north delta has the EGG TOSS award for tossin out so many zero's the competitions way ;) !!

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have no doubt that you are a bunch of tossers, don't believe that they are eggs or bagels either. I do hope Celtic gets you guys early just to 'ground' you a little, I have never seen your team so I will be a little conservative - 5 or 6 goals against. Unless of course Gnu is between the pipes, then the Celtic may show some compassion.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
I have no doubt that you are a bunch of tossers, don't believe that they are eggs or bagels either. I do hope Celtic gets you guys early just to 'ground' you a little, I have never seen your team so I will be a little conservative - 5 or 6 goals against. Unless of course Gnu is between the pipes, then the Celtic may show some compassion.

hey bored...are you on the Celtic or just the team humper??

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey redwoods,

Did you really have to quote the entire post just to ask a stupid question? :eek:

I am undecided, given the opportunity and enough beer I might do both.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
redwoods said:
hey bored...are you on the Celtic or just the team humper??

I have no idea who this "Bored" fella is... just a fan of the Guru I suppose :rolleyes:

Hey Shaven... I suppose I did jump the gun a little on your post (I've been none to have a "quick release") It wasn't as off as I made it out to be...

I don't think Bored prediction will be far off... I have a feeling Snowman, Sliver and Skytrain will have something to say this as well. .... all fans of the Guru/Celtic as well.

As for the cakewalk... Walls... you may just be eating those words.... so what's your favorite cake... Humple Pie ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0