Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [FVSL Division 2] Pre-Season Banter ~ Aug. '05

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A new season is nearly upon us, and its time to smoke the lads out of their hammocks, pull them off their air mattresses and get them off the couch...what's the pre-season skinny???!!!

Any breaking developments going on out there? New signings, or transfers?? Anyone have any news about what the Div. 2 alignment(s) will look like??? Who thinks they know of, or are a part of, the team to beat this season????

Did Soccer Mom get laid this summer, and will he then be less cranky this winter? (Okay, that one's a guilty pleasure :D )

Seriously though, who's got stuff to dish?

~Shaven

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
haven't heard anything about the alignment(s) in the 2nd division but can't wait to see what kind of crafty setup they come up with this year :rolleyes: . three north delta teams blessing the division this year. they are the ND Titans-last years cup winners. ND Players- relegated from div one. ND United (formally national bank united) winners of div 3 last year. not sure whats happening with the Players(or if they even have a squad for that matter) but judging by their showing two years back they should be a strong contender. the Titans finished strong in the cup last year but have been plagued by some major injuries to very key players. don't know if they've made any signings or not(anybody???). United will be returning with the same core from last year and have replaced four guys to date and are looking at aquiring a couple more during our tryouts this month.

teams to beat from what i've seen in the past couple of years shoul be: Eagleridge Hades, T-Town Royals, ND Players and the others finishing close to the top last year. the alignment(as always) should play a huge role in who the division champs are this year. good luck to all!!!!

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would argue the other eagleridge team is the better of the two, then also add the clones, bearcats, Poco as teams that will definitly contend. I see national bank having a bit of a learning year definitly a mid-pack year.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with you. Especially after losing there speedy striker who scored many goals for them last year. Bulljive,.. any idea where that speedy player is going?? ?

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
haven't seen any of them play but judging where they ended up i think you're right. thats where i believe we'll be as well. i know we can hold our own against the royals, the titans and the hades so hopefully we can win some squeakers and make some noise. new signing should help lots. no longer national bank though, couldn't handle listening to blahzay spit drunken logic at the pub anymore......plus we've severed our ties with that sponser and picked up two others.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
LION said:
I have to agree with you. Especially after losing there speedy striker who scored many goals for them last year. Bulljive,.. any idea where that speedy player is going?? ?

if you want to know for sure you could come by wade rd at 7 ;) !!

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
LION said:
well ill tell the ttp'ers this alberta sucks....lion how was brazil?i herd that as well might be interesting....walls...sup bud..out

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
from what I've heard Dewdney Celtic are going to be a way better team then last year they have added five Prem players from Poco, Guru's brother is one of them given he is an amazing striker but he's now in his late 30's possibly 40? these guys have all played together for years and it should make Celtic that much better.

boiWonder

Apr 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I've been told is that Hurricanes are aligning with a team in VMSL Div 2. So they gave their div 1 spot to their buddies Whalley Utd. Not sure why they want to go up. They aren't going to last unless they pick up solid mids and solid defenders. Frankly I wouldn't go up unless our team deserved it. Oh well, we'll see them back in Div 2 next year. What a waste.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
from what I've heard Dewdney Celtic are going to be a way better team then last year they have added five Prem players from Poco, Guru's brother is one of them given he is an amazing striker but he's now in his late 30's possibly 40?
Snowman is moving to Dewdney? Wow! Is this just a rumor, or is there any truth to it?

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argyle said:
Snowman is moving to Dewdney? Wow! Is this just a rumor, or is there any truth to it?

it's true Argyle...a few defections from the the club to Dewdney has happened. A little disapointing from our perspective since a few of them haven't even called to let the right people know of the situation from what I was told. Again this is what I was told but seems pretty crappy if true.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey redwoods...

Who all left? They are going to be playing for celtic, or just within the Dewdney club?

When is Poco City training?

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have also heard and this is crazy that the GEU Titans who finished dead last in there Division last year with one win and one draw and leaked a ton of goals will be back, can someone tell me how this team went from a playoff game against a team from Langley two season ago for promotion to Div 1 to finishing dead last? so there will be four teams from GEU next year the Tigers, Wolfs, Titans and the Rams (who have lost six players to Div 1 insert joke here)

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Port Moody Gunners are or where a U-21 team last year they finished first in U-21 so I guess the FVSL is giving them a pass from Div 3 right into Div 2

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
I have also heard and this is crazy that the GEU Titans who finished dead last in there Division last year with one win and one draw and leaked a ton of goals will be back, can someone tell me how this team went from a playoff game against a team from Langley two season ago for promotion to Div 1 to finishing dead last? so there will be four teams from GEU next year the Tigers, Wolfs, Titans and the Rams (who have lost six players to Div 1 insert joke here)

Did you see the ad in the paper....killed myself laughing...div 1 quality...finished one point from div 1 last year and is very competative......should of read were shite...and got all of three points last year...looking for more plummers

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley News.....

Langley this season is fielding three teams, LUFC Clones, LUFC Dynamo and the relegated LUFC A squad.

The clones appear to remain the same old reliable squad as years and decades gone by with not much changing from what I have heard.

The Dynamo have added a couple players definately upgrading but more or less the same core 12. We will have to rely on our experience playing together to make any moves up in the standings but are definately shooting for some more consistency. The biggest change will be the strength of our bench where at times last season our sub's or called up players were a liability.

The big change comes from LUFC A, or whatever they will call themselves this season. Last season saw them get blasted out of Division 1 with an all new lineup when most of the previous Division 1 players moved to the Cat program. This season I assure you they will be much improved. Early indications are that a couple strong veteran players have moved from LFC's league leading Premier Side and at least another 8-10 from Cat. I would bet there are only 4-5 returning members from the previous season in Division 1. This roster will surely give fits to the rest of us Div 2ers with guys like Hildebrandt, Dude and others bringing some heart and character (as well as hair in Dudes case). Langley as a club badly wants to win back our lost division one spot as it is embarrassing to us on the management side to field 10 teams and not have a Div 1 team.

Anyhow, I hope LUFC A is able to field the team I have heard rumblings about, just hope they are not in my bloody division... :eek:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
Port Moody Gunners are or where a U-21 team last year they finished first in U-21 so I guess the FVSL is giving them a pass from Div 3 right into Div 2

Yes, that would be the typical FVSL break the rules when it works for them system. Where was everyone else's break? We came out of U21 with an outstanding record and top the of the tables and yet had to play in Div 3 or Cat... we chose Cat and after some club realignments were able to slide into a Division Two Spot, but ONLY because of our club... the FVSL would make no concessions.

IMO i don't have a problem with U21 teams skipping Division Three, Its a long haul to get promoted when you have to win your division and then possibly have to win a playoff. There are probably 2 U21 teams every year that could make the jump to D2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0