Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL MASTERS DIV 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Promotion? Who on earth wants that? Trying to keep up with guys 10 years younger sounds like more like punishment to me.

It is conceivable that the 4th or 5 th place team gets promoted simply because everyone else turns it down.. :)

TLF
yes indeed that is correct ,but a first place finish imo would be deserving!BTP why not go over 40 gramps!! and be a hero up there ,maybe you could promote slide tackles again!
methinksthatifyouwindiv1yourteamshouldhavetogouptopremier!no exceptions!
so pau,pau,southsurrey,alderhole,poco,langley,ndu,thewack, all have a chance for promo you mean to tell me none of these teams go,then the pigs finish in 8th they decline!who goes up?the rangers?the surrey caps or the heat
stupid in my view

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im not saying they would all turn down promotion but a few would...

Over 40s is calling...but not quite yet. We re still heros here why go there... :cool:

BTW - a 49 year old is leading the league in scoring right now..... :big-smile:

Been there done that lets make room in Mast Prem for the younger fellas. This League is full of ex-Prem open guys from years past and its nice that we have a play to still play each other. Now if it were mandatory that would be different...but its not. There are lots of fellas that could still play there even at our ripe old age but now its for fun and to stay fit and top it off with a nice cold one after the game with some friends...

TLF

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guru some of us have friends, others bring the medical kit to belong.

btw we need more advil.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Incorrect, 2 C.
Welll Bored .... ya had ya fcukin call me on it didn't ya... disputing scientific facts now are we ? ?

Here in this link you can see the: "Density vs. Temerature" of water, and how it clearly shows Water/ice is at it's maximum density at 4ºC +/- 0.2 tenths of a degree. (which if there were a larger decimal range, you'd see it's exactly 4ºC) ... having said that, how does this reflect optimum beer temp? While water with 5% alcohol does drop the density slightly, it also raises the freezing temp. so it offsets itself, not to mention the hops and barley etc... and how does this make the beer temp optimum? Since the maximum density of water/ice is 4ºC, the liquid can absorb it's minimum temp as well...

Which in a nutshell, the cans that display a colour change do so at 4ºC

Hey kids, isn't science fun !!! :beer:

Density of Water at Various Temperatures

Now, Aren't you glad someone payed attention in Science class :)

Moral: That's why myself and the Snowman are the bestest beermen on the planet ! :thumbs-up:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 12 Results;

Poco Dominion FC 1 - NFS Thunder 2
Peace Arch Utd Alumni 1 - Aldergrove Utd 0
Langley Utd Alumni B 2 - Surrey FC Caps 0
Peace Arch Rangers P - North Delta SC United P
Peace Arch FC Legends P - NFS Razorbacks P
Surrey Heat 4 - South Surrey FC B 4
Chilliwack FC Rapids 2 - NFS Saints 1

Standings After Week 12 Games:
#
Team Name
Ply
W
D
L
F
A
Pts

Peace Arch Utd Alumni
Aldergrove Utd
Peace Arch FC Legends
Poco Dominion FC
NFS Razorbacks
South Surrey FC B
North Delta SC United
Langley Utd Alumni B
Chilliwack FC Rapids
NFS Thunder
Peace Arch Rangers
NFS Saints
Surrey FC Caps
Surrey Heat

Week 13 Schedule:

Peace Arch FC Legends​

North Delta SC United​
South Surrey Ath Park #6
Sun 12.30pm

South Surrey FC B​
Peace Arch Rangers​
South Surrey Ath TURF #10
Sat 6.30pm

NFS Saints​
Surrey Heat​
Pitt Meadows TURF
Sat 6pm

NFS Razorbacks​
Aldergrove Utd​
Pitt Meadows TURF
Fri 8pm

Chilliwack FC Rapids​
Surrey FC Caps​
Townsend TURF
Sun 6pm

Peace Arch Utd Alumni​
Poco Dominion FC​
South Surrey Ath Park #6
Sun 10am

Langley Utd Alumni B​
NFS Thunder​
Willoughby TURF EAST
Sat 5pm

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it depends which Poco team turns up - I thought they were pretty solid when we played them, but some of the results have looked a bit odd to say the least. I've not seen the Alumni yet, but knowing a lot of the team, I think this one is MOTW and I go for PA in a close one.
Should be an interesting one for Razorbacks against Aldergrove on the turf - no meadow to plough through, so maybe they'll take it, but this could go either way.
The Legends vs ND should also be tight one and it will be interesting to see the table after this weekend.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Moral: That's why myself and the Snowman are the bestest beermen on the planet ! :thumbs-up:

Untrue.

I've been exposed to Snowman's cooler, albeit 15 years or so ago, but I doubt he's changed habits.

I've also been exposed to one Martin Middleton, formerly of the Ballsacks, now a Langley Alumni "B" Beer Nazzi.

Why these two elder statesmen of local footy are exposing themselves to me is a different question for creepier types, but I digress...

No less than 5 different brands per match, many tall cans, all of the highest quality. You will not find a Kokanee, Molson, or Coors in the mix- ever. Nothing but the finest malt beverages a BC Liquor Store can offer. Martin DOES NOT make trips South of the border to cheapen up the cooler. Temperature controlled to 3.0875 deg. C (Because Guru, even though you are right, you are wrong...you need to live outside the box a bit, colder beer = better).

Martin also provides a beer cozy, parka, and neck massage. All for $3.00 / beer.

Krazy_Mexy

Jan 14, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
@ Dude- what kind of "neck massage" u talking about? if it is the one i am thinking about sounds like a great deal. they charge $10 for 10 minutes at the Caddy Shack and alcohol is not included.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Untrue.

I've been exposed to Snowman's cooler, albeit 15 years or so ago, but I doubt he's changed habits.

I've also been exposed to one Martin Middleton, formerly of the Ballsacks, now a Langley Alumni "B" Beer Nazzi.

Why these two elder statesmen of local footy are exposing themselves to me is a different question for creepier types, but I digress...

No less than 5 different brands per match, many tall cans, all of the highest quality. You will not find a Kokanee, Molson, or Coors in the mix- ever. Nothing but the finest malt beverages a BC Liquor Store can offer. Martin DOES NOT make trips South of the border to cheapen up the cooler. Temperature controlled to 3.0875 deg. C (Because Guru, even though you are right, you are wrong...you need to live outside the box a bit, colder beer = better).

Martin also provides a beer cozy, parka, and neck massage. All for $3.00 / beer.
Hey Dude ... Without getting into the "creepier" business, (which I have to give you on that one... Pretty sure Snowman has an ankle bracelet, and is not allowed within 1 km of any elementary school) I must say that even though I stand by the physics of density/water/porosity of molecule absorption, I have to bow to the fact that optimum beer temp is purely a personal preference... So Bored is partially right in that he enjoys beer at 2ºC, you at 3.08...ºC and the British at almost boiling point... or aprox 99.9ºC ... personally, I won't turn down a beer at most any temp, nor any type (except that fcukin awful Pumpkin flavoured beer WTF is that !)

As for Beer Koozies... I like that.. we did that as well along with toques! Not sure I want a neck massage (of any kind) from that creeper though !

View attachment KoozieandTouque.bmp

Shifty_dwarf

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, you couldn't be more wrong, dude.
If he is supplying fine malt beverages, he shouldn't be putting them on ice. A malty beer is meant to be served at close to room temperature. Or 99.9 deg. As guru aluded. A light ale, can be served chilled. But really only a lager should be served at a refreshing icy temperature.
Fascinating conversation.

Sent from my HTC Dream using Tapatalk

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now we have guru and Minnie guru!!
Dwarfs aren't Gurus.... Lama's are 'like' Guru's... but dwarfs are for our Royal entertainment ! Tumbling, Turning, Trumpeting, Trickery but most of all... Tossing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0