Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL MASTERS] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We were politely asked to disturb patrons at another bar. Happens to lots of people.
Some more than others.

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TLF,
Putting one in your own net doesn't count as a goal. You're plus one and minus one which rounds out to about "Zero".

Full credit to North Delta, they came back out to fulfill their obligation. The score line doesn't give them enough credit.
Fortunately, Roxy didn't have any Birthdays on so he made it 11 vs 11. Nice to have no subs sometimes.
3 for Bernie, 2 for Silky, Cuthbert and TLF on the score board. Roxy shut out.

What's the word out there, is Poco Dominion taking the promotion?

rbks

Aug 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what is poco dominion plans for next season?
Is the league going to force you guys up I heard they might
I feel if you win the league or come runners up you should be moving up no excuses!

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If the league "makes" us go, then so be it. But frankly, it doesn't seem logical.

First of all, our club already has a team in premier. The first thing that makes little sense is to have two teams there. Second, Langley have two teams in first division, both of which could compete in premier as well or better than we could, despite the fact that Dude plays for one of them. ;)

I'm pretty sure we finished second on the basis of head to head results or something, but we were really tied in points with the All Blacks. So is it really a huge matter if they went up instead?

If the AllBlacks and Temple go up, then Poco and Langley each have one team in premier and one team in first division, which simply makes sense. Having said that, common sense has never seemed to matter a whole lot when decisions like this are made. But really, how can they "force" the Dominion to move up? The Surrey Rangers in div. 1 won the league year after year but they always refused promotion. I'm pretty sure we can politely decline if that's what we decide to do.

Meddling Monkey

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fisrt of all, you wouldn't be tied w/ the AB if you hadn't passed me a ball on the 18, and if STD was able to mark me at all.

That said...

They can't. You'll have douchebags rbks screaming that "rules are rules", blah, blah, blah...but at the end of the day, this is Masters, and not Open. The rules may be the same, but the personalities are different, and I suspect if push came to shove, a bunch of grown familly men will simply say "Fcuk off, we're folding", then go apply for a new team under a different name, and be forced to "work you way up" out of M1. :rolleyes:

The league has no hammer in forcing anyones hand in this case. So, rbks may be correct in that the league may try to force the Dominion up, but if the Dominion don't want it, it won't happen.

As for Langley...still a debate there I'm sure over who actually wants to go up. Combined there is no doubt that there is enough tallent on both teams to form a solid Premier squad, but tallent does not equal chemistry. You can't touch the chemistry we have on the Lords, even though we didn't have quite the level of tallent available as the AB. We had a boatload of fun as teammates, and I bet 1/2 - 3/4 have no desire to break that up.

So...round and round we go...

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just make 3 groups... like it should be already! Drop two losers from Prem., that will leave them with 8... make a 1st div with the next 8... second div outta the rest... (or make two groups of 8 east and west or north and south.... or whatever) every team can now play the rest of the group home and away once, instead of this farce of 6 teams twice, the rest once ! With fewer games, there'll be more weenends tow squeeze in the 6 various cups...

Is this so hard to arrange ? ? 3 groups of 8?

rbks: our decision is: fcuk off... it's none of yer business!

rbks

Aug 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude
If a team folds because they don't want to go up then so be it.
Try forming another team under another name it won't happen.
Look how ridiculous there getting with all the teams having to send all the id cards in.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously ? Force a team to move up or boot them outta the league ? I seriously doubt that could ever happen...

Why would there ever be an issue... most teams spend the season trying to get the top spot to move up.... I'm sure there's quite a few teams who would take the spot in a heart-beat if offered.

new teams are always welcome... more teams = more reggie $$$ ...

(did I mention it would make way more sense to have 3 divisions ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0