Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL MASTERS] Predictions, Results & Banter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Squid,

So you're a Queen then are you? Where did you learn your typing skills anyways? Ridgemont High? I guess those were the SLOW times eh?

Cheers!

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Squid,

So you're a Queen then are you? Where did you learn your typing skills anyways? Ridgemont High? I guess those were the SLOW times eh?

Cheers!
the wheels on snotty smells bus go round & round.................................round and round.....

lowlifepussy

Maximus

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
lfc3? :D

Predictions for this weeks Masters Games

Poco 3 - South Delta 0
NDSC Rangers 1 - Delta 2
Peace Arch U 3 - Surrey Temple 1
Pearch Arch Dragons 4 - South Surrey 0

I predict South Surrey to lose every game this year 4 - 0. They have got to be the worst team to ever step on a pitch and couldn't compete in Div 4 Masters; nevermind against the tactical wizardy of the esteemed FVSL Premier Masters players. Eat poo and die losers.

Ladnerdad

Oct 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
First result of the Weekend:

Fortress Winskill holds! South Delta 3 - PoCo 2

South Delta gets off to our typical slow start and the Champs dominate play for the first 20 or so minutes. The get the first goal off a corner kick. Ball is swung to the back post and their forward makes a lovely header over our defender into the top of the net. We wake up a bit after that, start playing them a bit more evenly. We eventually tie it up also on a far post header. 1-1 at the half.
Second half starts even. About 20 minutes in, we get a free kick in our half. A long ball is flicked by our forward to our right half who buries it on the volley from about 20 yards out. Fantastic goal. We try to defend the lead from there, which was a mistake because they carried the play from that point on, and we get burned with 10 minutes remaining. Another corner to the far post falls for one of their guys and he buries it. We start playing them even again. We catch a break when their big D-man Number 7 cramps up and has to be subbed off. With about two minutes left, the ball comes in from the right, we get a good bounce and our forward dips it under the bar from the 18. We hold on for the final two minutes, and feel pretty darned pleased with ourselves.

It was a good hard played game. Both teams did a bit of chirping, but it was generally direct at the ref (who did a respectable job for this level) instead of at each other.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta 3 ND 1

We set the tone I the first half up 3 buzz and could have had a couple more.

ND get one just before half, 2nd half pretty uneventful take the three points and move onto the vaunted PAU next week.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got in the door for the road trip. Long drive.
FFS. Talk about a Nemesis

Ladnerdad summed it up pretty accurate.
I fcuked up the clearance on their first goal that got sent to back post for their goal. Our keeper had a slim and none chance of stopping their other 2. However i can't recall many or any other quality chances for them that tested our keeper. We didn't have much either. There was a handball that the linesman decided not to call in their 18 and also, what looked to be a PK but the ref declined to give it.

Either way we didn't get the job done ourselves.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
In my opinion, all credit goes to South Delta. They worked harder than I've seen any team play in a long time and they work for each other. It was a bit of a nailbiter and quite an entertaining match. We've always had a difficult time with them and it appears that trend continues. Good luck to them. A classy bunch.

JTL

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ladnerdud isn't giving enough credit to the second 2 goals, they were very well taken indeed.

We had our chances, a couple early. The possession did see-saw. We were strong early and late, SD was stronger in the middle part.

The chirping was directed at the ref who was very poor.

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
PA Rangers 5 - 3 Surrey Heat
Slow start and many mistakes early in the game......OK, no more commentary, I know you don't care.
Broke our duck at least.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got in the door for the road trip. Long drive.
FFS. Talk about a Nemesis

Ladnerdad summed it up pretty accurate.
I fcuked up the clearance on their first goal that got sent to back post for their goal. Our keeper had a slim and none chance of stopping their other 2. However i can't recall many or any other quality chances for them that tested our keeper. We didn't have much either. There was a handball that the linesman decided not to call in their 18 and also, what looked to be a PK but the ref declined to give it.

Either way we didn't get the job done ourselves.
ouch yoda...................can you spell BENCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
cant win them all ,especially when the ref was at fault.........oh well hopefully you dont loose the league title by one point ,that would suck,just like united against stoke today!iyou cant recall to many other chances what about the 3 shots that went in !!!
transfer papers just arriver at hurrens house ,hurry over:eek::eek::eek::football::weeping:

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ladnerdud isn't giving enough credit to the second 2 goals, they were very well taken indeed.

We had our chances, a couple early. The possession did see-saw. We were strong early and late, SD was stronger in the middle part.

The chirping was directed at the ref who was very poor.
and by the sounds of things ............Stronger up front too

sid

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
and by the sounds of things ............Stronger up front too

sid

Actually I'd say that all 5 goals came from the midfileders. Up front was a wash as neither teams forwards netted any (I don't think).
They won because they finished their chances, pretty simple really. We had some really nice play and some times that we weren't as happy about but they deserve credit for changing the game. We do have a tough time with them (2 lossess, 2 ties and no wins).

We'll take some time to gel but despite this trajic and heartbreaking loss we expect to be in the mix at the end of the year, 4th if everything goes our way.

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
In my opinion, all credit goes to South Delta. They worked harder than I've seen any team play in a long time and they work for each other. It was a bit of a nailbiter and quite an entertaining match. We've always had a difficult time with them and it appears that trend continues. Good luck to them. A classy bunch.

JTL

I know what you're thinking and I'm sorry... I can't come back... I've move.. Errr, moved down..

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the offer Ranger. As we all age, we all need to move on and I'm not far behind you lad. We'll see you soon. Any final on PAU vs Temple. Both of those teams seem to be the teams to be at the moment. PAU particularly after winning Pak cups the last few years.

JTL

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
We should have pounded NDU last night, they started with 12 and lost one guy to a seperated shoulder just before half. We went up 2 and then the ref who was completely one sided for NDU calls a weak pk for them to allow them to have 1 and make the game closer. The basic strategy of NDU is to go down at any sign of contact and get the call for a set piece....awful, add to that the straight red not given to their keep for being last man back for taking out one of our strikers on a clean break.
As Sid said #22 was very good and they had good overall team skill but we missed our chances and have only ourselves to blame for that. Looking forward to kicking the crap out of South Surrey next week.

How did the "kicking the crap out of South Surrey" go Redwoods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0