Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters Premier Division] Predictions, Results, & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well masters allstar out I guess they couldn't find anyone's name on a team that's fourth or below besides WH. South Surrey no player on list, no delta, both pomo tenders. Pretty sure south surrey's winger should be on the team. Anyways my 2 cents but you know I'm right.

I'd talk to the team coaches honestly and see who submitted a player list for the team. I would guess you don't see teams represented because they weren't submitted. It's been like that for years and every year people bitch. The team is picked from those submissions not by a couple wankers over a few beers.

As well, half the guys that get submitted decline to play so it ends up being guys they can quickly grab at the last minute because people bail on a regular basis.

I'm disappointed there's no IR list. You know, for guys that deserve to be there but are hurt with things like, oh, I don't know, broken ribs or something of that nature.

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd talk to the team coaches honestly and see who submitted a player list for the team. I would guess you don't see teams represented because they weren't submitted. It's been like that for years and every year people bitch. The team is picked from those submissions not by a couple wankers over a few beers.

As well, half the guys that get submitted decline to play so it ends up being guys they can quickly grab at the last minute because people bail on a regular basis.

I'm disappointed there's no IR list. You know, for guys that deserve to be there but are hurt with things like, oh, I don't know, broken ribs or something of that nature.

When was an email sent out to ask for submissions?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That I don't know but I'm sure you could ask your friendly league rep. Couldn't even tell you if it was in email form. But the process is as above for picking the team

Last edited:

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
lol even if people did not make submissions, declined to play, etc. how the hell did they get 10 guys from PMO on the all star team? Whether anyone agrees or not, its up to you but if this doesn't show Thomas Mills had an extra say then I don't know what does.

Also, how does Che make both Open and Masters all star teams?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
lol even if people did not make submissions, declined to play, etc. how the hell did they get 10 guys from PMO on the all star team? Whether anyone agrees or not, its up to you but if this doesn't show Thomas Mills had an extra say then I don't know what does.

Also, how does Che make both Open and Masters all star teams?

Despite your apparent hatred for TM, he did not have a hand in the team picks this year. DID NOT Pick team. But it's OK, I'm sure you'll find something else he apparently did wrong. Maybe all this snow is his doing, you know, because he didn't have his best team healthy so he needed to postpone games.

Damnit! Now stop making me defend him! It's hurts!!!

Having said that, have you played PMO this season? That's about how many of those guys are good enough to be there, if not more. They aren't a top team every year for no reason. Are there other good players out there, yes. Were they offered up from their teams for all star selection, probably not (email went out last couple weeks FYI). If you are limited on submissions you revert to people who are dependable and you know are quality. Usually ends up being the guys who have been in the league for years or have been on the team in the past.

Che is just that good! He applied for the MWSL as well but, there was some rule that disallowed him. I agree, South Surrey could have had their keeper there, had they submitted a list.

And If I recall, PMO's other keeper (Wade) was the only keeper in the Masters league to actually accept the spot to travel to last years All Star game after bailouts by guys who were submitted, picked, and asked, and declined Deservedly he gets a nod as the 3rd keeper, for helping out when all the other keepers, deserved or not, wouldn't go. They tend to pick the guys who are actually going to go and represent the league when they are picked, not when it suits them.

Are we done here?

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
funny that the 4th place team has 10 guys from it but can't gather up enough for season games lol correct me if im wrong, 2 postponed and a couple games they played shorthanded or with just enough?

you are allowed to defend the FVSL, nothing wrong with that but you cant be this blind to everything lol

stoned wall+

Jan 15, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
And If I recall, PMO's other keeper (Wade) was the only keeper in the Masters league to actually accept the spot to travel to last years All Star game after bailouts by guys who were submitted, picked, and asked, and declined Deservedly he gets a nod as the 3rd keeper, for helping out when all the other keepers, deserved or not, wouldn't go. They tend to pick the guys who are actually going to go and represent the league when they are picked, not when it suits them.

I am glad my performance last year was so memorable. Your memory is the first thing to go at this age, I will forgive you because I know you were not there. I do not like being clumped in with the guys that bailed last year though .
I do remember the ride to Tim Hortons in a cop car after being dropped off by the bus on the highway shittered with a pocket full of doobies though. Funny story but too long to type. Lol
Wade was there last year and Ayi Bonti was there two years ago in Langley with me playing net . Both deserve to be there.

Signed the Rodney Dangerfield of FVMPL

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not questioning your toughness Yoda but I recall breaking your mother in laws nose in a game and she played the next game. How does your wife even stay with you she should be with a guy like RF he would still play. Anyway merry Christmas maybe santa will give you some balls to put in those shorts of yours

Frank1

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 16, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
[QUOTE="Sniffer, When was an email sent out to ask for submissions? [/QUOTE]
It was sent out a week ago asking for 3 players from each team to compile the list of possible players

Last edited by a moderator:

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lol. Id like that post to but we only get one choice. Bastard

Not questioning your toughness Yoda but I recall breaking your mother in laws nose in a game and she played the next game. How does your wife even stay with you she should be with a guy like RF he would still play. Anyway merry Christmas maybe santa will give you some balls to put in those shorts of yours

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL needs to bring back Kevin Uppal....at least under him, there was no argument of being biased.

It's only biased because you make it seem so.
You can believe my info or not, up to you, even though it's all true. Honestly I don't like defending TM, we're not buddies or anything but I hate people spreading bullshit about about things they think they know.

Please feel free to donate your time to the executive next season though! See how things work, maybe fix all these so called problems with the system.

Last edited:

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just like you are entitled to an opinion so am I Yoda. These are not rumors, they are opinions as to what is happening. 10 freaking players off a team who cant get 11 to their games? That's not a rumor. Why not take 10 players from the best team or the 2nd best team in the league at the moment? Same goes for the Open Premier All Star team selection, let me guess, you didn't notice how 6 guys from the 3rd last place team made it but only 4 from the 1st place team.

I thank you for providing the info from your side of things but I don't believe it to be honest. It definitely seems like you do like defending TM, whether you see that or not. Do you really actually believe that if TM was not Executive Director and had nothing to do with the league, there would be that many PMO guys on the teams? No chance.

Im not here to start a pissing match but just trying to show what a farce this is. #bringbackUppal

Rosie11

Sep 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please, continue the witch hunt, I am sure you'll find something eventually, but lets get the facts straight.
@Stringer, PMO Gunners is not PMO Rangers... as odd as it sounds they are different clubs. 2 of the PMO Rangers on the team play open, 2 others are from the Gunners, which is also an open team. I will gladly take players who are fit and committed enough to play open, but qualify for the masters team. They are probably better than us regular old fcuks anyway.
Also just to add smoke to your fire... without those 4 players that means the 4th place team only has 6 players on the all-star team, but the 3rd place team has 7! Your real culprit is:knvb:. How else could JC be on this team?
For the three teams that are not represented, I know after talking to one of the teams that they do not support the all-star game and do not nominate players, as for the other two??????

PS.
@stoned wall your ferry performance was second to none!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0