Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters Premier Division] Predictions, Results, & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

stoned wall+

Jan 15, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Rosie . Looking forward to hopefully being back next month so you guys better stop dropping points . ;) And Merry Christmas to all you bastards!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup, Delta chooses not to participate, others didn't submit. There are likely a couple fillers here and there but as Rosie says, the numbers aren't as bad as claimed.

And still, For the 3rd time, TM didn't pick the team, it was picked by guys affiliated to other clubs that have less players. No favouritism. As well @Rosie11 can confirm, TM has no part of the Masters team.

I'd bet all players submitted are either on the team, or were asked but declined. The rest are fillers from quality players who are willing to participate or have been there in the past. Are they familiar/known to selection committee? Likely, but who cares, the core team is submitted and on the team.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am glad my performance last year was so memorable. Your memory is the first thing to go at this age, I will forgive you because I know you were not there. I do not like being clumped in with the guys that bailed last year though .
I do remember the ride to Tim Hortons in a cop car after being dropped off by the bus on the highway shittered with a pocket full of doobies though. Funny story but too long to type. Lol
Wade was there last year and Ayi Bonti was there two years ago in Langley with me playing net . Both deserve to be there.

Signed the Rodney Dangerfield of FVMPL

My apologies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apology accepted. I understand why you would like to forget about me . Look at the bright side, at least you got me to post .

Oh good. My Christmas will be so much better knowing that. ;)

Forget about you? I never even knew of you!

It's too bad it takes some poking and prodding to get you to post instead of just posting because you love TTP.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda u seem to have answers so I'll ask ya to explain how port moodys tender made the masters all star list even though he's not registered on their masters team.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In a nutshell, he's of age and he bailed out the Masters team last year. Kind of a thank you I guess.

Now fcuk off, Dudes busy.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Despite your apparent hatred for TM, he did not have a hand in the team picks this year. DID NOT Pick team. But it's OK, I'm sure you'll find something else he apparently did wrong. Maybe all this snow is his doing, you know, because he didn't have his best team healthy so he needed to postpone games.

Damnit! Now stop making me defend him! It's hurts!!!

Having said that, have you played PMO this season? That's about how many of those guys are good enough to be there, if not more. They aren't a top team every year for no reason. Are there other good players out there, yes. Were they offered up from their teams for all star selection, probably not (email went out last couple weeks FYI). If you are limited on submissions you revert to people who are dependable and you know are quality. Usually ends up being the guys who have been in the league for years or have been on the team in the past.

Che is just that good! He applied for the MWSL as well but, there was some rule that disallowed him. I agree, South Surrey could have had their keeper there, had they submitted a list.

And If I recall, PMO's other keeper (Wade) was the only keeper in the Masters league to actually accept the spot to travel to last years All Star game after bailouts by guys who were submitted, picked, and asked, and declined Deservedly he gets a nod as the 3rd keeper, for helping out when all the other keepers, deserved or not, wouldn't go. They tend to pick the guys who are actually going to go and represent the league when they are picked, not when it suits them.

Are we done here?

How does it feel? TM's hand up your ass?

I joke, I kid. I would never, ever, EVER imply you are puppeting for (is that a word? Muppeting maybe?) anyone with the initials TM. To do so would risk suspension, and as we know, one has to be very careful in disparaging one particular man with the initials TM these days.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda, if I weren't completely opposed to emojis, I'd have put in a Smilie Teeth Showing emoji, as well as a KNVB emoji, because this reminds me on the time Marty Foden (God bless him, RIP Marty) had not one, but two hands firmly up his bum here on TTP.

@knvb...remember? Good times.

Long live TTP.

BrianPicard

Feb 25, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does it really make a difference? Are you really held back in life if not selected to a Masters All Star team? Really?! Get on with it enough bitching and moaning. If TM or KNVB have surrounded themselves with their teammates or buddies so be it don't like it volunteer your time and join the board and do the same. FFS! Mic drop, hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and has a Happy New Year.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
its not about the bitching and moaning mate, its a matter of principle. Its fine to do that if they want to be surrounded by buddies but then they should change the name to TM's FVSL Team or Masters PMO All Stars or Masters Most Reliable Guys/All Stars Team, something along those lines.

On a serious note tho, 10! Not 8 or 9 but 10 "all stars" from a mid table team. Can't wrap my head around that. Did all the other players from SFC Temple and ND Rangers say No to coming out? Were they even asked for more "reliable guys" instead of plucking them from PMO?

It has nothing to do with being held back in life or anything. People won't admit Thomas Mills influence in it. #bringbackKevinUppal

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda, if I weren't completely opposed to emojis, I'd have put in a Smilie Teeth Showing emoji, as well as a KNVB emoji, because this reminds me on the time Marty Foden (God bless him, RIP Marty) had not one, but two hands firmly up his bum here on TTP.

@knvb...remember? Good times.

Long live TTP.

Would have been easier to just use the emojis ffs.

It's more about defending the board than him specifically, all I've been saying is that he didn't pick the team and to complain that he's playing favorites is false considering he had no hand in it, let alone 2, and also has no affiliation to the PoMo Masters team.

It's more about throwing the rest of the board under the bus than anything :)

And I agree with Picard, if you have issues, email the league, don't come on TTP and expect to get anything resolved. The league reps don't come on here for the reason of having to read posts about what people think they know about what is going on. It gets tiresome I'm sure reading posts from muppets who don't have a clue.

And yes, it is just Masters.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the All Star game being next weekend does that mean some or all masters premier games will be postponed?

No, just Port Moodies game because 10, not 8 or 9, 10! players will be playing in the all star game. 10!!!!

Everyone else is fine because they don't know TM well enough

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
its not about the bitching and moaning mate, its a matter of principle. Its fine to do that if they want to be surrounded by buddies but then they should change the name to TM's FVSL Team or Masters PMO All Stars or Masters Most Reliable Guys/All Stars Team, something along those lines.

On a serious note tho, 10! Not 8 or 9 but 10 "all stars" from a mid table team. Can't wrap my head around that. Did all the other players from SFC Temple and ND Rangers say No to coming out? Were they even asked for more "reliable guys" instead of plucking them from PMO?

It has nothing to do with being held back in life or anything. People won't admit Thomas Mills influence in it. #bringbackKevinUppal

Go back and read @Rosie11 post about the PoMo organization where he explains that it's not 10.

You don't think Kevin got bitched at on a constant basis as well?

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Getting Picked to play in the all star game looks more like a form of Punishment to me.

1) Its in Surrey
2)Bridge tolls
3)Its In Surrey
4)Your forced to share a field with a group of arrogant to good for the mainland islanders
5)Its in Surrey
6)Weather forecast for Jan 7. Snow and -5 Temp
7)Bridge tolls and ice bombs
8)Did I mention its in Surrey?

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go back and read @Rosie11 post about the PoMo organization where he explains that it's not 10.

You don't think Kevin got bitched at on a constant basis as well?

Oh okay so 7-8 from the actual Masters team and 2-3 from the Open premier team who aren't even registered in the Masters division, yeah so that makes a lot more sense now doesn't it? loll you are telling me there was not enough Masters guys REGISTERED in Masters to play?

Kevin did get bitched at on a constant basis but i'll tell you one thing, there was never talk of favoring certain clubs. From what I have heard, a couple clubs are getting together and there may be a possible exit from the FVSL. Its not just about complaining on TTP, its a lot more people than just myself.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Yoda nobody is trying to get their issues resolved here but take the piss is a Scottish term for poking fun at, or winding people up. So your a long time poster but maybe u didn't realize what happens. Bottom line who gives a shite but I do think there has to be a bit of fairness into picking. I'll be the first to admit I said no last year to playing cause I think it's a joke but I don't run around defending the world cause u think people don't know what their talking about. PS nobody on here really know what their talking about. Emoji "thumbs down" . Your not in the right to slam the majority's opinion that this is a joke. Eyes open head up and see the big picture, it's out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0