Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] - Results and Banter March '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphabet

Nov 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby 20 points with 1 game left against White Rock
Aldergrove 18 points with 1 game left against White Rock
GEU 18 points with 1 game left against NDU
White Rock 16 points with 2 games left against Abby and Aldergrove.

how does the tie breaker work at the end of the season if two teams are tied with points? do they go to head-to-head first or do they go with number of total wins first? Huge implications as GEU beat Aldergrove this year but they are still showing ahead in the standings.

Anyone know?

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Masters] Results & Banter February 2010

It definitely goes head to head first. After that I am not sure. I sure hope GEU get through. I think Brickmen and White Rock should be automatically relegated for forfeiting games. Let the All Blacks come up - they work hard and want it every game.

JTL

BILLY BOY 11

Sep 13, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

It definitely goes head to head first. After that I am not sure. I sure hope GEU get through. I think Brickmen and White Rock should be automatically relegated for forfeiting games. Let the All Blacks come up - they work hard and want it every game.

JTL

Will Dude bite...?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

No bite you bastards! :D

Congrats to the Poco Castrations on a fine season.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rankings staff are very impressed by the Port Coquitlam side's accomplishments, and form of late. They are looking to move this side up in Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings this week. But, to be truthful, staff has had little input from the Fraser Valley this year (except for our friend Rangerforever), and due to the (at least perceived) level of competition, are certainly having difficulties taking stock of this upstart team.

A bit of history, if staff can beg your indulgence, would help. For example, where do they come from, who are their best players etc, and what is their history? Who is their captain and what is his pedigree etc? I think, based on the posts that I have read, that they are a younger team in Masters football. Is that the main reason for their success, or is it club loyalty, team work, or top quality players (details would be helpful)?

The reason for these detailed inquiries, is due diligence by staff: they are looking at moving this Port Coquitlam right up in the rankings.

Thanks in advance, Sir M.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I could say something about the last time this team went undefeated in the valley but I won't.

But a TTP search of "6-3" might bring something up :)

alphabet

Nov 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

JTL

Curious then why Aldergrove shows ahead of GEU....may have to get $$$Man to make a call.

Based on the remaining games, only way we don't stay up is if Aldergrove beats White Rock, White Rock beats Abby and we lose to NDU. All very possible but all we need is a point to stay up and it doesn't matter what anyone else does.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The reason for these detailed inquiries, is due diligence by staff: they are looking at moving this Port Coquitlam right up in the rankings.

Thanks in advance, Sir M.

I think the reason for you inquiries is that your VMSL Masters side is getting a bit worried about facing Poco in the BC's ;)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

For sure Silver. I am serious. Any answers though, as opposed to fantasies?

Thx.

moneyman

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Curious then why Aldergrove shows ahead of GEU....may have to get $$$Man to make a call.

Based on the remaining games, only way we don't stay up is if Aldergrove beats White Rock, White Rock beats Abby and we lose to NDU. All very possible but all we need is a point to stay up and it doesn't matter what anyone else does.

Alphabet JTL made a good point. The goat fcukin Abby boys wouldn't change the game time so Thunder could put together a team of players that resembles there roster. A friday game or a Saturday game would have allowed Thunder to have a reasonable team on the field instead of a mish mash of injured and lesser players. Thunder still played. If the pussy teams manage to move up, i for one will be at the game enticing Jtl and Bored to run up the score, for each goal past seven i will throw in a case of beer per goal if a player gets 10 goals i might throw in a weekend at Vegas or a week free at my place in Huataloco Mexico.:D

$$$MAN

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

No problem Moneyman. Bored and JTL would be more than happy to run up the score for you but you'll have to talk to our coach as he usually pulls us after after 5 goals.

GEU, GEU, GEU, Thunder Thunder Thunder.

Catchy isn't it.

JTL

George Best

Feb 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

For sure Silver. I am serious. Any answers though, as opposed to fantasies?

Thx.

Sir M, I know a lot of the players on this Poco side. Some words I would use to sum them up are: Fitness, Youth, Direct, Potent, Stingy, Cohesive, Talented, Lethal, and Pungent on the one side.

moneyman

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

No problem Moneyman. Bored and JTL would be more than happy to run up the score for you but you'll have to talk to our coach as he usually pulls us after after 5 goals.

GEU, GEU, GEU, Thunder Thunder Thunder.

Catchy isn't it.

JTL

I think a preseason trip for your Coach with a little bit of spending money will open his eyes to this arraingment. ;) I guess you and Bored will get to play more than 20 minutes the next time you play them:D

Yes i do rather like the cheer Jtl:knvb::knvb::knvb:

$$$MAN

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thanks George, but no one has answered staff's questions, which I guess is an answer in itself.

Regards,

Sir M.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think a preseason trip for your Coach with a little bit of spending money will open his eyes to this arraingment. ;) I guess you and Bored will get to play more than 20 minutes the next time you play them:D

Yes i do rather like the cheer Jtl:knvb::knvb::knvb:

$$$MAN

The coach does like perks and he would be more than willing to take you up on your offer. We'll make arrangements in the offseason.

Sir M, no one is answering your questions for a reason.

JTL

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

No superstars, decent in all positions. Good fitness and work hard plus a good group of guys.

Kum ba yah

Sancho IV

Sep 14, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M I think this is the first year together as a unit. Some players may have played together in the past, however I believe 5-6 are rookies on this squad. That to me makes their achievements more impressive. Most goals for, least against.

Great job this year Poco.

moneyman

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thanks George, but no one has answered staff's questions, which I guess is an answer in itself.

Regards,

Sir M.

Sir M I believe you have answered this question already yourself "Easy my Son" you said.

Let's take a look at some of the players for Poco
Yoda teaches the Jedi ways to a young Jtl
Bored is Han Solo flying over the pitch with reckless abandon
Jtl a young Jedi Knight his feet are his Light Sabre
Fat Monkey unshaven a twin Chewbacka in the making:D

That would leave you as Darth Vader Sir M and the powers of the dark side aka your staff at your disposal.

At the BC's it will be good versus evil (Fvsl vs Vmsl)

The Force is strong, only time will tell who carries on.

I hope this helps you answer your questions or fears Sir M.:eek:

$$$MAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0