Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] - Results and Banter March '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Masters] Results & Banter February 2010

Sir M I believe you have answered this question already yourself "Easy my Son" you said.

Let's take a look at some of the players for Poco
Yoda teaches the Jedi ways to a young Jtl
Bored is Han Solo flying over the pitch with reckless abandon
Jtl a young Jedi Knight his feet are his Light Sabre
Fat Monkey unshaven a twin Chewbacka in the making:D

That would leave you as Darth Vader Sir M and the powers of the dark side aka your staff at your disposal.

At the BC's it will be good versus evil (Fvsl vs Vmsl)

The Force is strong, only time will tell who carries on.

I hope this helps you answer your questions or fears Sir M.:eek:

$$$MAN

Mix in some Stormtroopers, a few Ewoks and a lot of guys who move like C3PO.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Masters] Results & Banter February 2010

Sir M I believe you have answered this question already yourself "Easy my Son" you said.

Let's take a look at some of the players for Poco
Yoda teaches the Jedi ways to a young Jtl
Bored is Han Solo flying over the pitch with reckless abandon
Jtl a young Jedi Knight his feet are his Light Sabre
Fat Monkey unshaven a twin Chewbacka in the making:D

That would leave you as Darth Vader Sir M and the powers of the dark side aka your staff at your disposal.

At the BC's it will be good versus evil (Fvsl vs Vmsl)

The Force is strong, only time will tell who carries on.

I hope this helps you answer your questions or fears Sir M.:eek:

$$$MAN

Nice work $$$Man, nice work.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is the last thread for the regular season games as they should all be played out before the end of the month.
Posts from this month that where in Feb thread are now here.

Carry on with your "Spanish Castilian Inquisition" :)

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couple of massive games this weekend for teams 9 to 11.
GEU beats NDUA and they are in the top group.
Winner of the White Rock/Aldergrove Game is through too.
GEU loses and nothing changes.

alphabet

Nov 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huge game for us tonight Bored...huge. Hearing whispers that Mission is putting up some nice grub/bevvies to kick the piss out of NDUA before next weekend. Should be a good turnout tonight and a hard battle.

Not that we are rely on it but if White Rock beats Aldergrove, we go through in 10 as head to head against Aldergrove puts us through.

between the pipes

Aug 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
NDU 1 - GEU 0. Not a pretty win put we got the three points and more importantly we finished the cooler, oh and no one got injured so all and all a good night.

Acid Tongue

Feb 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
This was a big game for most of the top ten for next year.

Another easy drive to White Rock instead of GEU for most of the top ten in next years premier div (o35's).Hopefully white Rock gets their dressing room issues sorted out.

1-0 NDU little surprised GEU that far down in the standings gave us a good battle last night.Other than for geographic reasons to bad they didn't stay up.

Worst ref yet especially if you are GEU .Some really bad calls against both teams but the referee really cost GEU last night. Pretty sad when a ref can impact not just the game but also where two or three teams might end up playing next year.

A referee like him can really take the enjoyment out of playing the game for the players.

If a game had more at stake or on the line this kid (not sure how old he is but regardless very immature as far as referees go),could have lost control and things could get ugly.

Arrogant little ass had no class,talked down to players all night ,huge power trip.Thinks that he is more important than the players and the game "look at me everyone I am so important", wouldn't even shake hands with the teams What a knob!

This guy is in way above his head. Should stick to refereeing mini soccer or better yet try actually playing the game. Obviously this guy never has played the game and is only in it for the money.No respect for the players coaches and most importantly the game. If he wants respect he is going to work a lot harder at earning it.Just because you wear a referee uniform doesn't make you right all the time or mean that you have more knowledge about the game.

For the record I am a certified referee.Everyone makes mistakes but how you deal with these mistakes during and after the game is the important part when trying to earn the respect from the players.The last thing you want is players leaving the field thinking that you as a referee are a cheater,homer,dishonest and have no integrity and you are just there for the cash.

Sentiments that were echoed unfortunately in both dressing rooms after the game.

Good first season for NDU enjoyed the post games with all the teams that stayed to share a pint or smokie.

Looking forward to the Cup Semi final vs Mission, good luck to the three other teams may the best team win!

I know they are clamping down hard at all the parks with tailgate parties and beer in the dressing rooms. Is this a problem at Cloverdale Athletic as well? Any suggestions?

Cheers!

Acid Tongue

Feb 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just wanted to add that this referee last night was the exception to most of the referees we had this year.Most right or wrong were good guys, kept the game enjoyable and earned the respect of the players (some pretty good banter to I might add!). They did a very good job with no assistant referees and stayed after for a refreshment and food and some good old fashioned piss takin.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
AT, I agree with you - I think the refereeing for the most part was outstanding other than one ref we had in Peace Arch who refused to change his jersey because it was the same colour as one of the teams.

Other than that, Tim is always great. Robby Brown officiated our game against GEU a couple weeks back and he is outstanding. The Russian ref is very strict but also very good. Phil Brown is also great and enjoys the game while he referees. Many good referees in the Master's division right now.

I sure hope GEU stays up as geographically it is another home game for us. We had away games in Delta, North Delta, 2 in Langley, and 4 in Peace Arch. Big game Sunday for a few teams. Also a big game for Peace Arch and Mission. Peace Arch need to win to clinch a BC birth otherwise they are counting on Delta or Poco to win the cup both of whom play each other next Sat.

JTL

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like Peace Arch beat Mission, which means they finish second and clinch a BC birth. Hopefully they filled their team sheet out correctly.

Athletic ran the score up on the Sikh's. I can't believe you did that Dude, it's not very nice scoring 8 goals against another team.

JTL

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like Peace Arch beat Mission, which means they finish second and clinch a BC birth. Hopefully they filled their team sheet out correctly.

Athletic ran the score up on the Sikh's. I can't believe you did that Dude, it's not very nice scoring 8 goals against another team.

JTL

It's BERTH, BERTH, BERTH............DUDE with the last 2 of the 8 in the 91st and 92nd minute vs Sikh Temple, 2 players were down injured for them!:cool:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not quite Cloughie...1st and 3rd. They had one guy go down midway the 1st, and halfway through the 2nd their second man went down- at which time clock magically sped up and the ref finished the match.

So let me ask you (or the powers that be) Cloughie...two weeks ago, during the Olympics, we had our match scheduled on Saturday w/ ST, and midway through the day we get the call that they can't field a squad, and therefore, no match. We assume forfeit (a ST late season standard). Why is it when other squads, early in the season, request re-scheduling due to legitimate reasons, they are refused, but ST, when they FORFEIT a game, get a re-schedule? Not that it mattered- we wanted to play, and wanted a good run. We just found that to be very curious. Wee bit of a double standard, no?

We come to find out last week the match got re-scheduled for this weekend. At game time we’re prepared w/ 12 players (no keeper- Rob Keam played 1st half, and then we put our shortest player on the pitch- Martin Kelly- in for the second half), they don't have 11 yet. We give an extra 15 so they can have 11 to start. In the meantime, they tell the ref they'll likely forfeit, then they send the ref over to ask if we'll play 30 minute halves instead of 45.

Seriously.

All in all, a very clean game, and good group of guys. The ones that did show stuck it out, and some even played really hard. Kudos to them for playing when they could have simply forfeited. Big T- who I've got all the respect in the world for, after all these years of managing a bunch of flakes- told us after the game he's done w/ it, and won't be fielding a squad next year. Can't say I blame him.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bored...as much as we'd love to be in the upper tier next season, don't know what we- or the Ballsacks- could do at this point to pull any strings. It's pretty clear-cut- we didn't have the season required to be in that upper tier. Hell, our season outright sucked. Don't DESERVE it, as some may say. :D

The team we finished with, as well as expected additions I think would be competitive in the upper tier...but...if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

I guess if any of the squads that did make it up are not interested, we'd throw in our hat. Sure the Ballsacks would, too. GEU too, for that matter.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not quite Cloughie...1st and 3rd. They had one guy go down midway the 1st, and halfway through the 2nd their second man went down- at which time clock magically sped up and the ref finished the match.

So let me ask you (or the powers that be) Cloughie...two weeks ago, during the Olympics, we had our match scheduled on Saturday w/ ST, and midway through the day we get the call that they can't field a squad, and therefore, no match. We assume forfeit (a ST late season standard). Why is it when other squads, early in the season, request re-scheduling due to legitimate reasons, they are refused, but ST, when they FORFEIT a game, get a re-schedule? Not that it mattered- we wanted to play, and wanted a good run. We just found that to be very curious. Wee bit of a double standard, no?

We come to find out last week the match got re-scheduled for this weekend. At game time we’re prepared w/ 12 players (no keeper- Rob Keam played 1st half, and then we put our shortest player on the pitch- Martin Kelly- in for the second half), they don't have 11 yet. We give an extra 15 so they can have 11 to start. In the meantime, they tell the ref they'll likely forfeit, then they send the ref over to ask if we'll play 30 minute halves instead of 45.

Seriously.

All in all, a very clean game, and good group of guys. The ones that did show stuck it out, and some even played really hard. Kudos to them for playing when they could have simply forfeited. Big T- who I've got all the respect in the world for, after all these years of managing a bunch of flakes- told us after the game he's done w/ it, and won't be fielding a squad next year. Can't say I blame him.

Dude, why even question Cloughie if you wanted to play the game. I think the league used some discretion for Olympic hockey games since there were still lots of time to makeup games. Beginning of the season is different because you don't know how many weekends are going to be cancelled with snow, etc. I guess some people just like to complain even when things go their way.

That was a big victory for the Assletics. Dude actually scores 2 including the game winner - well done.

Too bad for the Sikh's - seems like they struggled all year. They forfeited against us early and dropped out of the cup as well. So that leaves Div. 1 with 5 teams but I think there is a lot of interest from other teams. Rumour has it we will be putting in a Div. 1 team next year as the Richmond Dragons will be joining us and we'll form two teams from the mix.

JTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0