Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] - Results and Banter Sept '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Masters] Week 1 - MOTW

Just to elaborate on the Mission game. It was nice to play against a class group of players instead of young punks that just want to fight and spit on each other. It was a competitive game and they pressed hard in the end. Only having 13 players vs their 20+ roster started to hurt us toward the end. Next week should be getting 4 of our best players back so the coach will have a lot of tough choices to make.

JTL

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Masters] Week 1 - MOTW

That's a good result, especially since it was played in Mission. We'll be hard pressed to match that next week.

I wonder if the Mission boys read TTP? What do you think, JTL?

Attachments

• Burlap sandbag.jpg
    Burlap sandbag.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 539

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Season. New Month. New Results and Banter thread needed

Please keep results and banter here and reserve the MOTW thread for MOTW discussion only.

Carry on.

:)
Yoda

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After 35 minute first half, 15 to figure out what the hell was going on with the lights at Gates, then a 55 minute second half we pulled off the win.

3 great strikes for 3 goals. Each one was brilliant.

I think they carried a bit more of the play and moved the ball well and we struggled a bit at times.
Props to our keeper for some brilliant saves last night. Well played game.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahhh...game was at Gates, not Mission SP.

Still a good result, but for a fleeting moment in time I was really impressed.

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes,that is my back,SF!! No longer 'The Grizz" ....went the Scottish route.... got the kid to pull the wax strips...never again...gotta talk to RF about a pain-free system? I might have to take you up on the ride home.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the mediocre site:

Langley 3
ND 2

That's an unfortunate start to the season for ND, really unfortunate.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Had a blast in our Master's debut. Would have posted last night, but there was chockolate sunday to buy.

Next week looks daunting.

Acid Tongue

Feb 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-2 loss to Utah and the Langley Lads.

NDU Played like a new team that still needs to get organized. Could have been a different result if we scored early on numerous quality scoring chances.

Langley had the better of the play late in the game for sure.Rob j was solid in net for Langley, would hate to play against him if he was sober!

Johnny K was unreal for Langley, best player on the park by far . I think he is wasting his time in masters should be playing Premier somewhere.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Johnny K does double duty for the Athletics Masters and Dynamo no?

He is a legend, underrated for sure! He never gets the kudos here enough imho...

edit: Just checked, he is indeed signed to the Dynamo.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rob j was solid in net for Langley, would hate to play against him if he was sober!.

Apologies to my teammates on that one. RDM didn't want to pretend to even know me when I showed up. After all it was him that talked me out of retirement.

I made the mistake of telling Millar I had a game and when he realized I was playing his brother-in-laws team, he had me occupied with our after game festivities from the Delta Premier game. After a few pints I realized what time it was and made a run home from North Van to pick up my gear and play. I agree JK had a great game as did my whole back line.

I did try and find you NDU boys after the game for a pint with some of my mucker teammates but you were either gone already or hifding really well. Cheers and have a great season Acid tongue.

Almost got me Millar!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-2 loss to Utah and the Langley Lads.

NDU Played like a new team that still needs to get organized. Could have been a different result if we scored early on numerous quality scoring chances.

Langley had the better of the play late in the game for sure.Rob j was solid in net for Langley, would hate to play against him if he was sober!

Johnny K was unreal for Langley, best player on the park by far . I think he is wasting his time in masters should be playing Premier somewhere.

I always enjoy the post match analysis as they inevitably paint a different picture.

Your first goal was brought down w/ a hand ball in the box, and Barry had a nice chuckle about not being detected as he ran back to center.

Your second goal was nicely finished by George w/ nobody around him. And when I say nobody, Frank, I mean nobody. Brilliant finish, Rob had no chance.

You did have the one header ring off the crossbar by Bailey, but if you review our chances missed in the 1st, we had 3 we bottled, too. Me on one header nodded over the bar, Karl when he should have finished instead of trying to make friends w/ Reegan, and Hayzer w/ a great shot your keeps somehow got a hand on, and then the rebound missed. Half finished at 2-2, which we felt was fair, considering chances, and considering the bad luck on the two against.

Our lower numbers probably helped us in the second, simply for continuity reasons. You guys had a lot of subs you worked in, and the gel seemed to disappear. JK had a blinder in his role as a roaming center back, and in the end our midfield took away the flow.

Finally, the one thing you will never, ever, ever live down: Dude scoring the GW. Live in pride NDA, it's your tag forever. :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW RobJ I had to admit...when Reegan told us you'd had a few already in the afternoon sun, there were a few of us trying to figure out if there was any way we could limit NDU to no shots. I think our warm-up woke you up; job well done!

Acid Tongue

Feb 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will stick to my game evaluation. It certainly is more honest and not as one sided as your detailed account off the match. As for the ref , he was fair. Missed some calls both ways but wasn't a factor. Tough to do any game without assistant a.r.'s.

As for after the game ,we also looked forward to sharing a few frosty ones with you guys but when we left the field there was no one around in the parking lot. Might have something to do with the fact we left the field after 3:00 AM. Johnny K should have known better, he spent many late nights with us in the summer with the ND Rangers.

Anyone out there own a flower shop that would like to sponsor NDUA. Sure come in handy, just guessing but I think there might have been a few unhappy wives that night.

Dude' good for you at least now your team will stop telling everyone that you couldn't score in a brothel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0