Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] Results & Banter - March 2005

Best Day To Play

• Sunday @ 10 AM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phatanslow

Oct 2, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know what is strange ?? When I first started playing in the Valley about 20 years ago I remember Ian Farquar looking exactly as he does today :eek:
Same body , hair and look !!! I thought cloning was outlawed !!! I guess Santa slipped through !!! I say we get a congressional committe to look into this !! Clone , robot or just a strong case for alcohol preserves the human body :D :D
Either way he is still quite the player !!!!

The Judge

Oct 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kudos to Sap for not quitting after the first five and making a game of it.The Saga continues,will Ballbaby do another cycle and be ready in two weeks,will the house have his elbows sharpen,will Bonato be a contender and challenge the coach again? :) Only time will tell.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Sapp.
The game could have gone either way today boys.

Good job Game boy. Sapp has alot of tradition and did the club proud!

See ya in the B C' s maybe.

Well done Surrey U.

What the hell happened, or is there a gag order in affect? ;)

Thanks for cheering us on today, it made all the diffenece.

Oh well, another S U vs Rangers Talley!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the hell happened, or is there a gag order in affect?
Not much to say really.

One team showed up and the other didn't, at least that's the way it seemed. PA were missing 3 key players I think, at least that's what I was told - Chalky (who subbed in part way through the second half), Brownie, and some dude named Patty (?)

Anyways, we went up 1-nil early in the game on a huge blunder by their backline and Jordy made them pay.

Howeser then made it 2 buzz with a rocket into the top corner (goal of the year candidate I think).

They pulled one back on a corner that we fcuked up on. Ang made a great save somewhere in there too... who knows, that goes in and the day turns out much differently?

Jordy then scored our 3rd before the half after a great run by Howeser.

3-1 at the half.

Second half saw us counter-attack to near perfection. I say near because out of about 10 outnumbered attacks, we only finished 2 :rolleyes:

5-1 was the final.

We were extremely happy beating the 2nd best team in the league - who wouldn't? :D

In the game following ours, it looked like FireRangers were going to stomp all over Sapp when they went up 1-0 after about 2 minutes. But then Sapp got it together and I thought outplayed the opposition for the rest of the half. The score was 1-1 then but Sapp had a number of quality chances.

Second half seemed a bit of a muckfest but FireRangers did what they had to do and got the winner near the end (I think about 15 minutes to go?). Sapp keeper did what Ang couldn't do last week, stoning the FireRangers on a pk awarded midway through the second half :D

JT and Kev Anderson had very good games for Sapp.

FireRangers look like a different team when playing on grass. I don't know if it was just this particular day but their style is much more suited to the turf it seems.

behemoth

Dec 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 5 PAU 1

Unfortunately I believe Regs summary of the game was pretty accurate. One team showed up to play (Surrey Utd.) and the other (us) didn't. A truly shocking lack of intensity for a Cup semi-final against the Western Canadian Champs.

Yes, we were missing some players - who gives a fcuk? We have a deep squad, and should have the ability to suck it up, and make do. Yup, coulda been a different game if Ang hadn't made a couple of great saves at 2-0, or 2-1...also coulda been different if we had busted our nuts; marking up, running for each other and contesting every 50/50 ball.

A truly humiliating 90 minutes...hopefully we'll remember this feeling a few weeks from now when the Provincials start.

Well done Surrey United...some great goals...Howes' was probably the best I've seen this year...

Watched the match of the day afterwards...Sapperton and FireRangers. Excellent effort by Sapperton...easily could have packed it in after the first goal (a minute in?). Figured they would do the job defensively, and they did, aided by a sterling effort by their goalie. It's too bad this game wasn't the first one played...might have helped us to witness what hard work can do for you...

Sets up the final between the two best teams in the league ( :D ). My prediction...going to penalties again....looking forward to watching this one....

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, go away for 1 lousy...and I mean weather wise...weekend and look what happens...sounds like I should have stayed home and took in some games...

My Sapp / Rangers prediction was off by one goal...figured Sapp would hold them to a respectable tally but my hats off to them....Looks like they have landed a decent keeper (who also looked good against us) so that should make them even tougher to get thru. If they ever get consistent goal scoring look out!!

ScUm / P.A. well, even the best teams can fall when S.U. is on their game..sounds strange that P.A. didn't put in a full effort as that has kind of been their Mantra this year and have worked hard on every occasion I have seen them play....still, ScUm must be happy putting 5 by the best goals against in the league...wee Jordy and his peter pan getaway boots are legendary.... :p

Which brings me to my next question....WHERE and WHEN is the ScUm / Rangers game????

Early prediction....ScUm 3 - Rangers 2 No Shootout For You!!! :D

twoleftfeet

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK , OK, Correction on my last post....Rangers/ P.A. / ScUm are TIED on goals against but Rangers and S.U. carry an asterix until they have finished their last legues Game/Games... :rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does Sapperton know this?

Who decides these kinds of things? The 2 teams or the league?

Why should we be made to play out our league games and chance injury/suspensions while other teams do not?

In these situations, what happens with cards issued? Do they count as double?

:rolleyes:

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes it was R F.
We are done and waiting to move on.

How about Surrey U having to play on Easter morning at 10 am.
That's why we made it a double bubble game yesterday against Sapp.

I heard a rumour that no Valley teams can draw each other in the first round of the B.C's .(can anyone confirm. No PAU or S U in the first round. Nice !)
If this is true, it will be interesting to see how we do as the Valley against the Metro or Island teams.

Also, The older GEU boys could be starting a new over 35's team, and the PoCo premier boys have hinted yesterday that they could be joining us next season in over 35's.

Either way the league is going to be even more competative over the next few years.

Golfing this weekend!

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, we called Sapp and they agreed that they did not want to play on easter weekend either.
So we asked the league for permission to make the game a doube bubble and they said as long as both teams agreed to this.

That being said, Gameboy and myself said giddee up!

It's been done in the past and gives us a weekend off.

AllBlacks vs S U should be a very interesting match this weekend.
Langley is battling for a fourth possible B C spot.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So if we were to phone up the AllBlacks and ask if they would mind if we both just phoned the league and said to give us each a point for a tie, all would be good?

Win/win situation for everyone, right?

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
So if we were to phone up the AllBlacks and ask if they would mind if we both just phoned the league and said to give us each a point for a tie, all would be good?

Win/win situation for everyone, right?

Sounds good to us but I'm sure Sapp would have something to say about it.
Playing at Easter is bollix, I'm of for a wee climbing trip to Skaha. :knvb:

Couldn't our last league game be played after the cup final?

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ps

ParchedArse did look good with all their new kit after the thumping they took but the highlight for me was watching Coach Costanza pacing up and down the side line, socks pulled up to his navel, fretting over what to do next.

Well done Sapp; JC did a fine job and Paul Jordan really should have tied the game up with minutes to spare. Nice to see the Woodsmaister gracing the Masters again. Carry on, as you were.

ciau ;)

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
AllBlacks vs S U should be a very interesting match this weekend.
Langley is battling for a fourth possible B C spot.

In reference to the BC's, any info on when the draw will be held and/or when the first round is slated for?

Cheers.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have been told it will be around April 7TH.
The week after most of the local cups are finished.

Good luck Luch.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Luch but it looks as if the Draws will all been done on Weds March 30 th.

A lttle birdie just called my cellphone to confirm that the Men's open draw is on that evening and that the Masters should as well be done on the same night.

Sorry for the confushion big man. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0