Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[FVSL Masters] Results & Banter - October & November 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby said:
Poaching is a skill that is more intricate than you bulls in a China shop think.

Just got a PM from Skip and he is interested in my offer.

Poaching is not as complicated as one may think grasshopper.! :D

Cheers

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skips offer from the Rangers was just picked up by the UPS guy!
I know Skip will find this offer very enticing and he will do the right thing. :D

Regs, I really have know idea about the other boys?

I would love to have a pint about it but I was just informed by a certain someone that you have been banned from the changerooms and the Upstairs
Clubhouse. Sorry but it wasn't my decision. :rolleyes:

Congats Ange, well done Keeper!!!!!

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby said:
BTW, let us congratulate Angelo and Marie Bonato on the birth of their new baby boy today. Question is, "Did Angelo drop the baby when it was handed to him?" :eek: Rumours are they named him Dino Zoff Bonato.

QUOTE]

Congrats to Angelo, Marie and family on the birth of their son. I heard that once the baby was born, Angelo screamed "I got it" and then screamed "I lost it in the lights, away, away!"

Big shoes to fill for SU tonight without the Ital in net...still think they'll win :wa:

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
Skips offer from the Rangers was just picked up by the UPS guy!
I know Skip will find this offer very enticing and he will do the right thing. :D

Geez, Skip's more wanted than a fat girl in a logging camp up north :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
I would love to have a pint about it but I was just informed by a certain someone that you have been banned from the changerooms and the Upstairs Clubhouse. Sorry but it wasn't my decision. :rolleyes:
RangerForever can be such a dink :mad:

Good thing I didn't sign with you Coach - it would make it difficult to train w/o access to the changerooms with the rest of my teammates :D

Quick question: How am I to collect my 11 beers from you after the game now?

Can I sit with my teammates on the bench?

:rolleyes:

~Regs.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well wasn't that fun. :mad:
Last nights billing lived up to all it's hype considering both teams didn't play the prettiest soccer last night.
Rangers scored pretty early and just before half went up 2-0.
Soon into the second half we were up 3-0 and ready to crack the champane, someone forgot to tell Surrey U this and on came the onslot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One, Two, Three, and we were lucky to get out with a tie, that's right a fcuking tie.
I think we have some pretty good players, but for the boys to piss away a 3-0 lead is Shocking to say the least.
Oh well that's life in this beautiful game we call football.
Great crowd out there last night, there was more people there than at any other Valley game I have seen in a long time.
After the match it was great to see both teams head up stairs for some good old banter and pints.
This is a good hard rivalry with two teams that never seem to give an inch.

Nice to see the ttp boys in hand last night,Craftey, Regs, Demo, Studs,Aves and so on.
The best part of the night was introducing Ballbaby and Kelly B to Gabby's last night. Cheers Balls, nice to see you still have it with the ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, i sure hope Harky is okay from that early tackle in the first half, his leg did not look good.

Well done Surrey U, nice comeback and good effort from you boys last night.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
Well wasn't that fun. :mad:
Last nights billing lived up to all it's hype considering both teams didn't play the prettiest soccer last night.
Rangers scored pretty early and just before half went up 2-0.
Soon into the second half we were up 3-0 and ready to crack the champane, someone forgot to tell Surrey U this and on came the onslot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One, Two, Three, and we were lucky to get out with a tie, that's right a fcuking tie.
I think we have some pretty good players, but for the boys to piss away a 3-0 lead is Shocking to say the least.
Oh well that's life in this beautiful game we call football.
Great crowd out there last night, there was more people there than at any other Valley game I have seen in a long time.
After the match it was great to see both teams head up stairs for some good old banter and pints.
This is a good hard rivalry with two teams that never seem to give an inch.

Nice to see the ttp boys in hand last night,Craftey, Regs, Demo, Studs,Aves and so on.
The best part of the night was introducing Ballbaby and Kelly B to Gabby's last night. Cheers Balls, nice to see you still have it with the ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, i sure hope Harky is okay from that early tackle in the first half, his leg did not look good.

Well done Surrey U, nice comeback and good effort from you boys last night.

I'll comment more on the game later, when I sober up, but those ladies were long lost cousins. Apparently, they're really good friends of Sir M.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quick update: Harky is going into surgery right now apparently for a broken tibia :(

Fun night last night. Spent the game behind the Rangers' bench chatting with Demo and Stevie Miller (TTPer Steve Miller)... One thing Coach forgot to mention in his game recap were the comments about how shite SU were after the Rangers went up 3-0 :eek: :D

Was a bit shocked to hear all the Rangers afterwards roasting their keeper for 2 of the goals... one for sure but the 3rd was someone else to blame. I haven't heard that many references to the Prince of Darkness since Higgsy was between the pipes at Peg :D

Wait! Can you hear it?

Shhhhhhhhh.

~Regs.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was Dougie's called back goal really a hand ball? :rolleyes: My view, Surrey United were the better team last night. The save your keeper made off of Kiwis cut back to Muzz was brilliant. The 3rd goal by SFC # 6 as he was falling down from 25yrds pure fluke. Should have been 5 to 3 for Surrey United. I hope Harky is ok, and congrats to Angelo :D

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
5-3 Cainy? No chance!!!!!!!!!
We also had about 3 more chances that should have gone in also.
The one where McCaw sent it into the open net only to find Andys head.
Gazzers 7 yard shank.
Barrys off the Bar.
They had some chances and so did we, but not 5-3 Cainy man.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Truth betold I think many questions were answered on the SU side of things while many new questions must now be raised towards the Rangers side :D

Are all cup games in this league on grass?

~RegswhoagreeswithCainy-Iknow,shocker-SUdeservedthe3pointsonthenight.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think to debate who deserved to win or not is absolutely futile. It doesn't make sense in regards to these two teams.

The icy turf last night made for a scary game at times. Both teams were marking tight with a lot of odd man heavy pressure situations. If your first touch wasn't absolutely bang on (and even if it was) the ball would enter into neutral space with players challenging desperately. This resulted in lots of scary tackles, not malicious or anything, but some awkward attempts to regain the ball. The central midfield was bypassed from both teams perspectives and ultimately produced a game that wasn't very pretty to watch, but still quite intense.

Harky's broken leg is a result of what I am talking about above. Gary Donald is not a player to intend for something like this to happen and Harky is not a player to holdback from a tackle or hold a grudge. I think there is a healthy respect for each other for both teams. I must say, big Barry is a handful. He made me look like a complete chump on the header and first goal. I should have at least jumped with him but I lost him.

Thank goodness for Murray Howes and his prowness around the net. He allowed me to sleep better last night (even if it was only for a couple of hours). Seeing as I helped contribute to two of the Ranger's goals, I'll take the one point and get out of Dodge.

Oh yeah. Every team needs the classic team player like Dave Ellenwood who went into the net for us last night. Dave, you are the best! Tough team to make your season debut against last night but you're always there for us.

Rangers, you guys are excellent hosts. The hot dogs hit the spot. :cool:

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I totally agree Balls!!!

Yes Regs there are some questions?

Like will we go undefeated now that we are 9 wins and 1 tie,with 6 games to go?

Will we be even stronger with Baily, Izzat, Shuey , or Marshall in the lineup?

Thanks Regs, I will do some soul searching and get back to you.

Once again well done S U, nice comeback.

P.S. Wringled dress shirts are in now, this is for some you boys who are stuck in the 80's.

And wasn't it nice to have a pint and enjoy the after game banter.
(I am referring to our first game where S U asked us to the leave the changerooms and would not let us enjoy a victory pint) hmmmmm. :D

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was only able to catch the first half last night at Newton, but may I say, it was great to see so many respected ex-teammates, and adversaries on the pitch at the same time. The game certainly had an air of 'big league' to it. As I watched the two teams warming up, and preparing to lock horns, the enormity of this match-up was evident....and yet both sides had their poker-faces on.

2-0 at the half and I have to admit, I thought Surrey United had dug themselves a hole too deep to climb out of on the night, especialy against the mighty Rangers. Guess I underestimated the character of the boys wearing red. I should have known better. ;) Well done boys. A great display of character apparently, as I was given the game recap from a few who made their way to the Ocean Beach to celebrate afterwards.

A pleasure to watch boys.......but could someone turn up the heat next time? :D

~Skip

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Derby night

Ballbaby said:
I'll take the one point and get out of Dodge.

Ditto brother.

I must say I felt we were not really the better side on Friday.
I personally feel it was marginal mind you, but I'm man enough to admit who probably looked better on the night.
We really had no right going up 3 bagel and when you do against a powerhouse like SU, who will show pride and not fold down, you will be pissed on in most circumstances and just try to hang on.
As I said, I don't quite agree with the likes of Surrey United's resident ball licker at the moment, Cainy, ;) , but I'll give the edge to the Champs.

Kudos to Dave Ellenwood going in the pipes for them in place of Ang and to Muz Howeser, the best player on the park by far, unbelievable game Murray.

Good time upstairs afterwards with a good atmosphere - we should do that more often with other teams.

Best wishes also to Dave Harkinson on a speedy recovery.
Tough as nails after it happened and I'm sure a big loss to SU.
Another dominant player gone for the year. ;)

RF

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually enjoyed the game Friday night between the Rangers and Surrey Utd, and Ballsy is absolutely right when he said they will take the point and get out of Dodge. This game should of been over at half time with the Rangers totally in command. Great build ups and Surrey unable to cope with defensive corners against a team so big. All credit to Surrey for coming back the way they did, but the Rangers allowed them back in the game when they should of turned the screws. Unfortunately for the Rangers, the substitutions in the second half back fired and they lost the momentum they had in the first half. Big squad, lots of players to keep happy, but it cost them the three points at the end of the day.
Some nice football played by both teams at times and well worth bearing the cold to watch some decent football.

Cheers

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank you Crafty for your unbiased opinion!!!!!!!!!!
No club ties, just a good old coach and player out watching a match. :)

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hold on a cotton pickin second here....What about the other Friday Night special? :confused:

AllBlacks-2
Acedemico-0

A giant crowd came out to watch! (maybe three spectators...none of whom where ttp'ers) Extreme Soccer on the turf is not what I call a lot of fun, the frost on that turf was a wee bit hazardous, to say the least. It was nice to come away with a win and the score should have been about 6-buzz. Too many squandered chances by AllBlack's on the night.

The best part of coming back after six months is the beverages and the fact BullyB was buying all night. :D usually he trys interac but he actually used really cold hard cash....Not much too this game, looking forward to playing SU next week in Cloverdale on the grass. I hate the turf, I'm sore as hell, the old k-knee is a wee bit swollen, aaahhhhh it's good to be back.

Sorry to hear about Harkie's bad luck. All the best for a speedy recovery Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0