Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FVSL O30 2002/2003 Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You want some of this?

Spiny had a good bump with one of the Firemen big men a la Earl Weaver;
...his chest and the other guy's shorts:D

SU's new poster boy (replacing ballbaby)

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to both

Aves,

Well done with the photos. Great shot of Spiny et al! As Pully-my-pee-pee said "it would have been nice to see the game. Looks as if everything was left on the feild (blood and guts). Never thought I'd say this, but your well missed on the back line for SU. No offence to Dash, Reedy, Dave Wyatt-earp, and the rest of the SU back line. I'm sure they would like to have your services back as well.

SU where great league champs for so many years, and I'm sure they're not finished. let's face it every year new teams, younger talent, sign up and the competition get a little better. In the end making it difficult to stay on top. Congratulations on the Dynasty and I love challenge of playin' you lot.

However, a win is a win and Congratulations to the Surrey City FF! It could not have been easy knowing the league and its player card ruling from the week early. Giving SU the victory, when clearly they where out played on the day by PA. Card and player ID have not been an issue with PA all year. Obviously, Fuge does what Fuge has to do! (wanker)

League Cup next, I look forward to the games ahead. They will undoubtly be difficult. Good luck to all you O30's teams.

And Finally,

I would rather see a FVSL O30 team win the Provincials then one of those shite teams in the WCOTL, Vancouver Island or NSCL. That would be a harder pill to swallow then SU losing on Head to Head to the SCFF. :knvb: :wa: :bronco:

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
...awww shucks toes, thanks for the comments but don't you know that I'm a striker now?:rolleyes: ;) :eek:
I didn't see the 2 goals against but I thought the SU defenders closed up the shop in the 2nd half.
The firemen defended well and kicked Muz every chance they could.;) ...but they did work hard to win and deserve the congrats.:)
After hearing about the loss vs. P arch I had some doubts about SU, but they looked good to me.
That fireman team is huge and are a threat if they can get the ball wide and crossed in with numbers...which they didn't do because they didn't have the ball much.

I'd like to see a league cup final rematch.
:cool:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geez Aves, this infatuation with Ian Farquhar has to end. The grey haired Santa is in the majority of your shots. Try getting some more of the youthful players in your shots, like everyone else?!;)

One thing that some of the younguns should know about our Santa; he is still very quick and very skillful. The funny thing is, that body of his was exactly the same shape and design twenty years ago when he was in his early twenties, as it is now. His hair was black however, but that's the only difference!

The new poster boy SU, Spiny, had a great game on Sunday. The little gnome doesn't back away from anyone. It was really cool watching him go groin to chest in that epic battle/standoff at the center of the park. :cool: The other guy was about 6'3'', no kidding. Spiny stared him down/up? and is if he had the power of Medusa, the firefighter turned in defeat. Spiny bit his ankle and ran. ;)

I love ya Spiny!

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Kids On The Block

Just wondering how the new over 35 Rangers team will do next year?
15 Players from this years team plus another 8 or 9 new lads coming on board.
I'm guessing it takes a while to get used to 10 am kickoffs,not to mention having your first pint at 12 pm sunday afternoon!
Oh well it's a done deal,and the boys are eagerly awaiting the leauge becoming even stronger next year.

cheers,coach

oldbutgold

Nov 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kenny,
Calling yourself coach now oh my how things have changed, or should I say progressed- from tag along to waterboy to running the line and now COACH you have done well for someone with no futba talent. Well I guess Crawford wasn't the greatest canuck but he seems to be a good coach . I guess it might be true that grinders make the best coaches ( You might have a chance yet ).
Just razzing you kenny !!!
Good luck next year in the over 35's !!!!!!!
It is a lot stronger league than you may give it credit and you SFC boys will be hard pressed to impress .

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Golden showers

Wow, by the looks of things you go fishing quite often.
Great 7th post by the way.
Lurkers like you make this site.
If it wasn't for the guys that sit back and have personal gos at people from 15 years back, I just don't know where this site would be today.
Oh, just in case, :rolleyes:.
Seems like someone might have a little nudger in their shorts regarding someone.
Seriously though, I'm just "razzing" you actually.....:)

Just to inform the lot of you that if/when the Rangers go Masters, we WILL be hard pressed to impress.
And, show me where it's ever been said about this league being a cake walk.

We played two exhibition games last year.
Beat Peace Arch 3-2 I believe.
They had 10 or 11 guys.
We tied the Sundowners 2-2 I think.
Very impressd with them.

This league is quality and I will state that the BC Champ will likely come from this league for the next few years.
Also, any of the top teams could compete in FVSL Premier.
SU, Peace Arch or Surrey Firefighters to take it all this year.

Later skaters.

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Masters Cup.

Good luck to all you olde bastards this weekend.
All Blacks are coming of a 4-1 win to IFC.
Great bunch o'lads, the game was over 10 minutes into the second half when All Blacks went up 4-0. The rest of the game was spent havin' a laugh, swappin' spots and egging on the IFC boys. When ToniH. went in net I told their forward to shoot from any range as our man T. is visually challenged. BullyB nicked an IPA and went home happy.:p

Glad to be in "The group of Death", good luck to SU in "The lambs to the slaughter group" and PA in the "Group of Yawn!".
cheers.
bb:D

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tomorrows Games

Masters Division Sunday Feb. 2 Challenge Cup

Group of Slaughtered "Lambs" :knvb:
Surrey United v IFC
Sapperton Old Boys v Mission Celtic

Group of Death::wa:
Surrey FC Firemen v SFC Sundowners
Aldergrove United v All Blacks

Group of Yawn::bronco:
Delta Metro United v Academico Alumni
Peace Arch United v Poco City Thunder

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Group of Death

It's always nice to see at least one Group where the outcome is not already determined. This is going to be very interesting to watch to say the least. Whoever comes out of this group will be well prepared for anything that comes at them in the knockout rounds....

Good Luck to All!!!!

Let's see some good old fashion banter and piss takin' after tomorrows games......Cheers

5btwaitingtoseetheresultsandlookinforwardtothebanter:D

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
League Cup:

Surrey United 8 - 2 IFC

We played OK but what is potentially alarming is the type of goals against that we are allowing. To spectators watching the carnival, it would be nothing short of amusing and comical, sort of Monty Pythonish. To us players, it is quite embarassing and frustrating. We have to get it sorted out and I'm certain we will. It's tough to stay intensely focused in a game like yesterday's.

I would be remiss to comment solely on the goals against because the majority of goals we scored were of highlight material, especially Ellenwood's first timed rocket into the upper corner off a free-kick pass. Beauty!

IFC had two or three players who are skilled and work their butts off. Jesse in the middle of their midfield tried valiantly to make something happen, but it was fruitless for the most part.

Nice day for soccer and am looking forward to training Wednesday night. Very intense training. Bring the ice packs. :rolleyes: :D

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats PA & SU

I would have put money on those wins.
All Blacks matched Aldergrove in an excellent game with few chances at either end being taken. A fast, well played game ended with Aldergrove scoring in the 88th minute. Not a good way to start a cup campaign but a very enjoyable game.

After finishing the AB cooler off we descended on Aldergroves dressing room for more ****tails and stories untold to the outside world. FA Cup knows the story and had his bell rung.....again.
Anyhow, I did throw in a tenner but in doing so one of the Aldercrew asked for a round. No Problemo, Interac. I generously emptied the cooler of the remaining dozen and shared the wealth with the victors. :eek: :eek: :p All Blacks will pick up the pieces next week when we play the evil Sundowners. Cheers all.

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Masters scores.

Who did what this last weekend.
All Blacks 2 Sundowners 1
Firemen 0 Aldergrove 0
Peace Arch 1 Delta 1
Surrey Utd ** Lambs 0?

Help me out, who did what?:confused:

BullyB

Jan 7, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice reply TTP.

Things are heating up this weekend, Masters Cup places will be decided. This weekends games are as follows.

Mission Celtic Surrey United (nice drive, nice field, slaughter)
Sapperton Oldboys IFC (someone has to come second)
All Blacks Surrey FC Firemen (battle for second place?)
Aldergrove United SFC Sundowners (Sundowners slumping)
Poco City Thunder Delta Metro United (Delta should win)
Peace Arch United Academico (Academico to win):D :D

good luck to all you olde bastards, lock your coolers!

:eek:

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BullyB seems your not so good at predictions! Good at stealin beers and talkin' a great game, but your predictions are shite!

You and the rest of the All Snacks have plenty of time to practise the Haka for the next seven or so months till the start of next year. Five months if you lot join a summer league!:D Enjoy the year end party or should I say Wake. BullyB dancin at the wake:wa:

PA 5 - AA 2

Game was never in doubt from the beginning. Plain and simple The Academics had "big heads" after a lucky win early in the year at the postage stamp called Noel Booth. Lookin forward to playin well into March:D :D while the All Craps practise the Haka!!!:p

BTW, Haven't been around for awhile who's Fa Cup? I hear there might be criminal proceedings!!!:D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0