Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL] Premier 2016/2017 - Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
IMG_3496.PNG
And this is why I didn't wanna post. Not sure if u just chirp on here or if you actually get out and watch local soccer. The Surrey team that transferred over is not the Surrey team of 2 years ago that played prem in vmsl. Younger kids, different team. I'm done, back to reading cause I hate trying to teach these chimps how to screw in the lightbulb....get out and watch various leagues and div's then sort it out in your own mind.
Soft, I'll refrain from strong words or aggressive language.

Your point is somewhat valid - that being said I could argue that North Delta lost players when transferring to a new league as well. I could also argue that the competition in the Valley is stronger than it was 2 years ago when Delta won.

My point is the provincial tournament is there to settle all this, so if a Div 1 squad thinks they deserve a chance to compete, I would suggest winning more often.

Happy reading.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I highly doubt North Delta lost some of their top players when moving from FVSL to VMSL whereas Surrey Utd did lose most of their players when moving from FVSL to VMSL. In the eyes of most, VMSL is far superior to FVSL as we continue to see year after year.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
View attachment 16947
Soft, I'll refrain from strong words or aggressive language.

Your point is somewhat valid - that being said I could argue that North Delta lost players when transferring to a new league as well. I could also argue that the competition in the Valley is stronger than it was 2 years ago when Delta won.

My point is the provincial tournament is there to settle all this, so if a Div 1 squad thinks they deserve a chance to compete, I would suggest winning more often.

Happy reading.
Do you have a YouTube video that can help us understand the exact points you're trying to make? We're simple folk here.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two years ago? Surrey United was in VMSL prem last season.

Correct, but they were already in decline. Two season's ago Surrey were still a true top team in the VMSL/Province, last season they managed to finish fourth almost indifferently, but were quickly trounced out of Provincials by Metro Ford.

@dopeashell is right, it is a completely different team, they are rebuilding/reinventing the entire program out at SU from what I understand. Tied for fifth place in the FVSL currently, likely puts them with the EDC/Pacific/Westside/Croatia group in the VMSL table at best. If they make Provincials (top 5 in FVSL??) perhaps we shall see them against one of their old rivals and we can use that as a measuring stick.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
@old Milwauke. U wrote u could argue that delta lost players when they made the jump so make the argument ....... I'll be waiting to see if u know what your talking about or just making shite up to fit in here?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
My understanding is that Surrey United lost some players when moving to the FVSL. This is not surprising since the perception is that the VMSL is superior and more competitive than the VMSL. This is just expected and normal.

The issue that I am to bring to your attention is not about the current leagues, but the fact teams from both leagues would benefit from increasing interaction between each other.

The VMSL and FVSL were formed long time ago and were the reflection of the demographics and income of that era.

The Greater Vancouver Metro area has changed so much, and as @Dude has correctly pointed out, it will change a lot in favour of the Surrey and Valley Area.

At the end, the league that plays it cards right will be the one that will dominate the other in the long run.
To make an example of a viable Division 1 in four sections, I relegate the bottom 4 VMSL teams and promote the top 4 teams to the FVSL.

Division 1 West (8 teams)
Westside, ICSF Columbus, Bingers, Rino Vancouver, Romania, Metropolitan, Norvan, Shaheen.

Division 1 Central (8 teams)
Croatia, Rino Tigers, Campo Atletico, Burnaby Metro Athletic, Burnaby Firefighters, Rino Fury, 13th Legion, Poco

Division 1 South (8 teams)
North Delta, North Delta, CCB Guildford, GN Sporting, FC Tigers, Surrey United, Coastal.

Division 1 East (8 teams)
Abby, Langley b, Mission, Chilliwack . A group of any strong division 1 teams in the east.

Top 4 of east and south battle for one direct promotion and one play off with 2nd and 3rd of east west.
Top 4 of west and central battle for one direct promotion and one play off with 2nd and 3rd of west central.

Lowest 4 of east and south battle to determine 2 relegation spots.
Lowest 4 of west and central battle to determine 2 relegation spot.
4 get promoted out of 32 and 4 relegated.

This is just an example. There are other that can be more simple but the point would be to minimize travel time by having games in big turf centres line Burnaby lake, Newton, Trillium/Livingstone, Cloverdale, and that each stage avoids huge disparity. Weak teams do not play strong teams.
Time of games can be more predictable rather than all over.
obviously not all teams would leave at once one league, so this has to be a merger or one league setting shop on the turf of the other league.
Whichever league adjusts to the changing demographics is the one that will win. Think about this. There is hardly any Chinese/Asian teams in the vmsl, perhaps fvsl has more which means that this market is untapped as they will be majority.
The league that see itself as a business that needs to provide good service and competition will win.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sorry. You're incorrect.

I never made a point so I can't be wrong. Re- read what I wrote and pick out the point where I made a statement. But thanks for rushing to your buddies aid. Anyways I'm done good luck with all this banter. Vancouver div 1 teams should go on a North American tour.

UnderYourSkin

Mar 30, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
The core of Surrey's team is still predominately VMSL boys. Granted they are getting older now with more responsibilities and not able to make all games. Regardless, these "superior" players should be thriving in the FVSL, but they're not.

Correct, but they were already in decline. Two season's ago Surrey were still a true top team in the VMSL/Province, last season they managed to finish fourth almost indifferently, but were quickly trounced out of Provincials by Metro Ford.

@dopeashell is right, it is a completely different team, they are rebuilding/reinventing the entire program out at SU from what I understand. Tied for fifth place in the FVSL currently, likely puts them with the EDC/Pacific/Westside/Croatia group in the VMSL table at best. If they make Provincials (top 5 in FVSL??) perhaps we shall see them against one of their old rivals and we can use that as a measuring stick.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My understanding is that Surrey United lost some players when moving to the FVSL. This is not surprising since the perception is that the VMSL is superior and more competitive than the VMSL. This is just expected and normal.

The issue that I am to bring to your attention is not about the current leagues, but the fact teams from both leagues would benefit from increasing interaction between each other.

The VMSL and FVSL were formed long time ago and were the reflection of the demographics and income of that era.

The Greater Vancouver Metro area has changed so much, and as @Dude has correctly pointed out, it will change a lot in favour of the Surrey and Valley Area.

At the end, the league that plays it cards right will be the one that will dominate the other in the long run.
To make an example of a viable Division 1 in four sections, I relegate the bottom 4 VMSL teams and promote the top 4 teams to the FVSL.

Westside, ICSF Columbus, Bingers, Rino Vancouver, Romania, Metropolitan, Norvan, Shaheen.

Croatia, Rino Tigers, Campo Atletico, Burnaby Metro Athletic, Burnaby Firefighters, Rino Fury, 13th Legion, Poco

North Delta, North Delta, CCB Guildford, GN Sporting, FC Tigers, Surrey United, Coastal.

Abby, Langley b, Mission, Chilliwack . A group of any strong division 1 teams in the east.

Top 4 of east and south battle for one direct promotion and one play off with 2nd and 3rd of east west.
Top 4 of west and central battle for one direct promotion and one play off with 2nd and 3rd of west central.

This is just an example. There are other that can be more simple but the point would be to minimize travel time by having games in big turf centres line Burnaby lake, Newton, Trillium/Livingstone, Cloverdale, and that each stage avoids huge disparity. Weak teams do not play strong teams.
obviously not all teams would leave at once one league, so this has to be a merger or one league setting shop on the turf of the other league.
Whichever league adjusts to the changing demographics is the one that will win. Think about this. There is hardly any Chinese/Asian teams in the vmsl, perhaps fvsl has more which means that this market is untapped as they will be majority.
The league that see itself as a business that needs to provide good service and competition will win.

Good essay, its a topic that has been bandied about on TTP before, and in fact I'd say dialogue on TTP was the main catalyst to the proposed Lower Mainland / Island Premier League failing to take shape a few years back. Influential members got involved on the debate here, and took it to the streets.

The reality was, it seemed to me (from my perspective) that there were some very good ideas in concept, but no substantial plan behind the proposed action.

Since then, the leagues have been off on their own separate directions, with interesting off-seasons seeing teams defect from one league to the other for various reasons, but seems to be a "sellers market" in favor of those teams. Also since then, the slow death of TTP began, as many of those influential league spokespeople now pretty much avoid the site like a bad plague...which is obviously a matter of both choice and likely policy, but do they understand that they are virtually invisible everywhere else? Except, of course, the Westside conduit to Saudi Arabia, but otherwise, neither league does fcuk all to generate press- the FVSL easily being the worse of the two.

Twitter. Seriously?

The top, top end talent remains in the VMSL, and until the FVSL makes a real run at Provincials (the actual Provincials, @Soccer Coach, not the Bs), nobody can say otherwise.

I do believe that demographics and geography will dictate, eventually, where the top teams / players reside. Who knows how long, I sure don't. I said 15 years ago here that it was only a matter of time, and nothing has significantly changed. It's inevitable, though, as the price of real estate and rentals forces young families / couples / singles out this way.

The rest of the stuff you @Soccer Coach ramble on about...some good ideas, some goofy, point being, they are ideas, concepts, and dialogue...which is more than anyone can offer on these threads, and pretty much anywhere publicly, from what I can see.

The FVSL brass can stay quiet on TTP all they want, and "decide" that TTP is a forum they'd prefer to avoid. That's fine, but they do so also in not generating discussion about their league anywhere else, at all, and the truth is, it doesn't matter. Their own players are either too ashamed of the league they play in to get on TTP, or, simply enough, this generation of players doesn't care to be involved in discussion forums (tough to believe, as the VMSL forus all seem to do fine).

gametime

Oct 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby 3-1 Surrey

It's Monday evening so I'm sobering up and can write the report now.

We went up about five-ten mins in off a shot from 25 yards deflected slightly off a defenders head, however the keeper didn't react to the shot at all so deflection didn't make much difference. Surrey responded quickly and got a penalty about 5 minutes after going down. 1-1 Surrey seemed to have more possession but didn't go anywhere with it. Since they were playing a four man diamond shaped midfield we found success hitting our outside midfields and this created the 2-1 goal. Left midfielder beat their right back and hammered one far post from near the corner of the box. 2-1 at he half.

Second half was wide open. End to end constantly. Not sure if I'm biased here but it seemed like we had more quality chances for the next goal. I know I had a couple shots that not so narrowly missed the target. one good save by the Abby keep got a toe to a shot off a partial break, deflecting the ball just outside the post. Surrey also hit the post about 80th minute off outside of the foot volley from 25. looked like it was in the whole way, keeper not close and curling in towards net, hits inside of the post and across the face of net. Bit of a scramble but then cleared. Coaches for Abby finally realize I'm dogshite and sub me out. Sub comes on gets the ball, pots it to go up 3-1 in the 87th.

Good game. Abby playing their 5th keeper of the year. Maybe the only stat we find ourselves at the top.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I caught the 2nd half of the westcoast vs moody game this past weekend.

Lots of new guys on both teams from last year, both very good squads. Maybe it's a bias but I feel Westcoast were very unlucky to not take all 3 points.

They would have if not for a mistake in injury time actually.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Same spot. Welcome to stay, gratis, so long as your sweep the place clear of squatting Aussies.

Best

Nov 21, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money

Top teams VMSL = 7th Div. European League - mid table
Top teams FVSL = 7th Div European League - bottom table

Minimal difference, nothing to get arrogant about...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0