Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL] Premier 2016/2017 - Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually not true.
I have had a lot of European and South American players from div.1 and lower here over the years.
All are very surprised at the level of our rec league play and top players. All have said that there are players that would fit in at the div.1 and div.2 level if they were able to qualify. But remember, if we actually had a Canadian pro league it would hopefully be filled with the top players from these leagues.

I remember watching the 86ers back in the day and always thought why isn't this local guy or that guy getting a sniff?? We had strikers making 3 times as much as an 86er back then so no wonder this guy wasn't quitting his electrician job to go give a "pro" time a shot.

Weird part was though that no one was ever out from the pro outfit looking for top local talent. I hope that if that time ever comes.....the new powers that be will get to the VMSL and FVSL players and give them a shot. Again though, I guess the money factor must also be there.

Bergkamp2.0

Aug 7, 2014
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL, VMSL, Prem, Div 1, Testosterone. The only thing I take away from all of this is @soccercoach is a babbling baffoon. Why aren't you coaching Germany with all of your wisdom and glory. Wait, you coach a regular, normal, original, plain, lightly salted, amateur soccer team. So just accept that Canada spends all of it's money on amateur sports on hockey. So....r.e.l.a.x
I'm sure you are one of the main reasons people leave TTP

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A new core fresh of an NCAA 2 season can't hurt...

Nice one, Big Bag. May save your season.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll bite (nobody else will, worst thread on TTP)...why would scouting from SFU be a bad place to find winners? Seems they do nothing but win, and have a long history of producing excellent players.

gametime

Oct 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I went strictly off the fact that sfu wears red jerseys.
In the last 5 years of fvsl no team wearing red in premier has won a cup. I think Moody won the league one year, surprising as that may sound but players wearing red in the fvsl just doesn't work well.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the last 5 years of fvsl no team wearing red in premier has won a cup. I think Moody won the league one year, surprising as that may sound but players wearing red in the fvsl just doesn't work well.
Well if we could bring in guest speaker @Soccer Coach to explain the intricacies if why this is. He'll bring his own bag of penises so don't fret.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
How were we supposed to know that? I expect better things out of you sir.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to see the thread quality has picked up.

Doesn't Langley wear predominantly red? At least, I think we did back in the day, and we were able to win a couple of Paks and Premier titles.

Back on topic, given near irrefutable evidence presented, I believe SFU should move to predominantly white kits with red trim for home matches, and blue kits with red trim for away matches. The elusive NCAA 2 title should then be in their grasp.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to know. I am several degrees removed now, with the exception of an occasional text from @lfc4, usually laughing at me getting suspended from play one hothead administrator.

I appreciate your contributions to the thread, @gametime, mostly because we really don't have much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0