Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Off Season & Summer Banter '08

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Thread for a new upcoming off-season and season on the horizon.

GEU Stays, ACBC joins the Elite of the Valley.

Good luck to the Boys in the Provincials!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC sucks.

Discuss. ;)
Okay... :p

I didn't have the chance to see enough of their games this year to comment to much except that they will need to add depth and get better at the back. Their ability to go forward is Premier calibre...but I think any significant injury to a key centre midfielder, defender, or umm...keeper ;) will have them in hot water, however they should be able to outscore defensive shortcomings from time to time, just not as often as they were able to against D1 calibre players...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They scored more often again Div. 1 than Studup that time he fed his cousin some Spanish Flies, but against Premier, it is a big step. Not many Div. 1 teams could match ACBC for pace, but most Premier teams will.

That, and they suck ;) .

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never seen ACBC play but from what I've read/heard, they are the FVSL version of the VMSL's AFC.

Based on that, I'll be very surprised if they finish anywhere higher than 5-6th next year.

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
played against acbc a couple of times in summer league, some talented players, but a lot of showboats who would prefer to meg a guy than make the easy pass. Will be interesting to see how they do, but i think they'll finish top five, especially if they can pick up 3-4 more more prem caliber players. They're no double double contenders though eh Dude!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No sir. PAU are the queens of the Double / Double.

No bite on the Spanish Flies comment? We can only assume the rumor to be true.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of no bite, I find myself wondering if ACBC is going to bitch out on the FVSL Premier Division this year.

O-Dog kept going off about earning "promotion" to the VMSL, while Ghouse clearly stated the mittens didn't have the toughness and heart required to compete a full season through the winter, and that he'd be allocating everything to the PCSL.

So, that being said, I think this is the best place to start the rumor: ACBC is withdrawing from the FVSL Premier Division.

Come out and play, Ghouse. ;)

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is true,,we need to add a little something,that being said,,I have done just that. You will have to wait to see who they are..As for the rumour we are joining the PCSL, we have formally applied and are waiting for the league to decide. Looks good from what ive been told. Hope so as we love to travel and love to play.
We will play Winter in the FVSL and PCSL in the Summer

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have you been attending the same "How to handle the media" course as the Vancouver Canucks?

So what did it take to get the Clarke brothers on board?

odog604

Feb 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd love to play the spring/summer as it's fun and keeps everyone in shape for the fall. As for the new league next year, I'm all for it. However, no spring/summer currently for me. Injuries man. We'll do fine, and come in first.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
How convienent is it that moobs seems to get injured any time he has a real challenge ahead of him? torn this, europe that, but like the gunners, the clown wont be playing premier next year.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
How convienent is it that moobs seems to get injured any time he has a real challenge ahead of him? torn this, europe that, but like the gunners, the clown wont be playing premier next year.

almost as convienent as u going missing for a month, after u lost out on your premier bid. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0