Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL] Premier - Results & Banter 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The probably didn't have a full roster, stupid long weekends. Eh jimmy:rolleyes:

although I catch the sarcasm, I think its bush to be playing Thanksgiving Sunday/Monday. We played without 7 regular players yesterday, 3 guys had to play with injuries and literally 15 different call-ups were unavailable due to family commitments. We still won but I say at what cost, 2 of the guys playing through injuries are now going to be off for another 2-3 weeks. If this was pro/a job I get it, but its amateur. We played Sunday at 6pm in ABBY, Im lucky enough that I have a small family and could change my dinner but its a family weekend. Play games Friday/Sat/ maybe early Sunday afternoon.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've been asking about why games are this weekend at all. The league sched ends mid-January - skip the long weekends and extend the season a few weeks. Ridiculous.

I had my full team, but I guarantee we're one just a few who did. For example our "A" team had zero subs and no GK.

Lovers

Jan 31, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The probably didn't have a full roster, stupid long weekends. Eh jimmy:rolleyes:

Yeah Abby didnt have their full team out...they had to use 7 calls ups from the div 2 team and had to sign a guy couple days before game just to field a team...ridiculous long weekend games. two at that

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah Abby didnt have their full team out...they had to use 7 calls ups from the div 2 team and had to sign a guy couple days before game just to field a team...ridiculous long weekend games. two at that

I thought this happened at the beginning of the season. :confused:

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Solid game last night from Langley. Very well coached and they play a very tight game. They scored on two corner kicks. Within two minutes of eachother around the 75th minute.
Second half they were the better team and their legs were 24 hours fresher and you could see it.
I'm glad we got 48 hours to rest our guys or else it could have been worse.
Langley should be top 3 again this year for sure.
Great game with great pace.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple forfeited tonight. It wouldn't surprise me if the rest of the season goes that way for them too.

No wonder the FVSL isnt at the same level as the VMSL. What a fcuken JOKE! Forfeit at a Premier Level? I bet that wont be the first and only one of the year for that team.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple forfeited tonight. It wouldn't surprise me if the rest of the season goes that way for them too.

Sikh Temple forfeights again tonight vs North Delta. It's on the fvsl site.
So I take it they are done for the year?
They should have quit when they were 1-0.

The whole scoring title is skewed now. Teams got to pump 5-8 goals against them. And some teams don't.
This is the worst it's been in years.

Soccer CLUBS should be allowed in.
I dream of a league with youth affiliated clubs only allowed in. These flash in the pan teams like ACBC really don't do much for building a league. Money comes and goes. Clubs last much longer.

Westcoast, PAU, Langley, Pomo, are all doing it right. And will have longevity. Abbey should be able to do this too. North delta is working on it. Families are moving out further everyday. These city clubs should be strong one day as I don't see a stud from maple ridge wanting to train in burnaby three days a week.
Half my friends who are starting families have moved to Langley, Pomo or maple ridge etc,
These places will have a huge boom in numbers/talent in 10 years.

Rogue teams merging every year will slow down. I see the future.

Build a club. They will come. Right?

Hello

Dec 16, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
My guess is they won div 1.

Temple actually did not want the premier spot. They were kinda of dealt that hand. They wanted a lower division spot but the choice was premier or bust pretty much. The squad has talented players but is way too young and inexperienced to survive premier.

PS: After watching the VMSL and FVSL this year, I have to say there is no comparison. I do not see the FVSL doing anything this year as far as provinicials goes.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's extremely hard to survive in premier when you don't play your games. At least show up and take your lickings, you've paid to play may as well go out there. Use the call ups from the div 2 team. There is no excuse to not field a team at any level, let alone premier.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple is part of Surrey FC isn't it? I thought SFC was a "massive" youth club. Where is the club teammwork? I may be wrong about the Surrey FC affiliation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0