Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL] Premier - Results & Banter 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its official that Temple will be dropping out of the prem division. The other games will not count as we forfeited before the 1/2 way point so no stats will be "skewed." It sucks dropping out, but we had no choice.
I know people will be wondering why we dropped out, but it wasn't possible to finish the season. Just to give some insight- we never wanted the prem spot in the first place. With ACBC pulling out, we were asked to fill the void. We even asked if we could go down a division as a realistic goal would have been to finish mid-table in div.1. The league and the team that was asked to come up agreed, then 2 weeks before the start of the season we were informed that the team coming up changed their mind and the league wanted a 10 team prem div and we had to take it or go down to Div.3. There was no other team in Div.1 that wanted to come up either.
We never had a choice but to try riding out the year, but we said that we really don't want to take it and risk embarrassing the league. Some of our younger players who wanted to play at first got extremely frustrated and basically bailed. We tried over the last 2 weeks to sign several guys and then rely on the call-ups, but obviously that did not happen otherwise we would have rode it out.
I just want to apologize to all for dropping out, but we were stuck a losing position from the beginning.
Good luck to all the rest of the way.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well at least we have some insight on what is happening, was Temple in div 1 last year or just a new team that filled the ACBC spot? Will the rest of the Temple team be joining the Div 2 Temple guys?

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Colour me confused. A team accepted the move to Prem, then said no thanks. So the league then approaches you with 2 weeks to go and says "take it or go to Div 3." That makes absolutely no sense. Something doesn't add up. Why would they threaten you like that when they were trying to fill a spot?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Colour me confused. A team accepted the move to Prem, then said no thanks. So the league then approaches you with 2 weeks to go and says "take it or go to Div 3." That makes absolutely no sense. Something doesn't add up. Why would they threaten you like that when they were trying to fill a spot?

And back to the studio to you KNVB.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sorry, I meant Div.2, not 3.
We didn't want to go up as we were not ready with the new youth on the team. We were hoping that we could survive the year and rebuild next year. But, that did not happen, now a lot of guys have bolted the VMSL or other FVSL teams.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyway, have to assume there's just 1 team being relegated now, with the 1st and 2nd place teams from Div 1 being automatically promoted?

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to sofaking the league gave them those choices....so maybe mills knew about it from the start....

ive been around the fv premier league for 15 years now, going by what mills has done with it in the past 2-3 years, it makes no sense to me that he would give a team an option of premier or div 3.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ive been around the fv premier league for 15 years now, going by what mills has done with it in the past 2-3 years, it makes no sense to me that he would give a team an option of premier or div 3.

This is not Mills or anybody in the exec dept fault at all. Their was no team that wanted to fill the spot- plain and simple. Temple was suppose to have a Div 2 and 3 spot initially and when this situation came up the club had to drop the div.3 spot and move them up to Div.2 and the Div.2 guys to Prem. The guys did what they could to help out with the current situation, but in the end it just didn't work out. It was a hard decision for all parties in the beginning as everybody knew "what could happen once the season starts and get rolling."
The spot was available to a number of teams and they all said no.
Time to carry on.

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is not Mills or anybody is the exec dept fault at all. Their was no team that wanted to fill the spot- plain and simple. Temple was suppose to have a Div 2 and 3 spot initially and when this situation came up the club had to drop the div.3 spot and move them up to Div.2 and the Div.2 guys to Prem. The guys did what they could to help out with the current situation, but in the end it just didn't work out. It was a hard decision for all parties in the beginning as everybody knew "what could happen once the season starts and get rolling."
The spot was available to a number of teams and they all said no.
Time to carry on.

i guess you have your reasons,

but you're ****ed

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple forfeited tonight. It wouldn't surprise me if the rest of the season goes that way for them too.

To add to what has been said. Temple has folded. I was talking to a couple of their guys and they said that they were in a tough spot from the get go. The league essentially told them either you play premier or div 3. Not wanting to play div 3 they took on the premier spot with a team comprised of mostly 17 year old kids who now walked out on them. A team of 17 year old kids in Premier was a doom in my opinion. It's a tough jump to make from youth soccer to the physical men's premier. Wake up call to the kids, here your actually punished when you get stripped of the ball when doing your tricks and don't track back.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems like the manager was a complete moron. You should know what your team is capable of doing and if you don't garbage like this happens. You can't say those 17 year old kid were saying "Let's play" and the manager and coach said whatever you tweens want. Temple made a complete joke of the league. Way to go.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple is part of Surrey FC isn't it? I thought SFC was a "massive" youth club. Where is the club teammwork? I may be wrong about the Surrey FC affiliation.

Your thinking of Surrey United. SFC isn't much of a club anymore with maybe 500 youth.

And I agree this is Millsys fault, he just wanted a team in the league that POCO could beat...:bronco:

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your thinking of Surrey United. SFC isn't much of a club anymore with maybe 500 youth.

And I agree this is Millsys fault, he just wanted a team in the league that POCO could beat...:bronco:

Surrey United? No affiliation to Temple or SFC or CCB.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
seen as the fvsl website is a colossal pile of shite,

do we come here for up to date results now?
speaking of colossal piles of shite...

the updated site is much more functional than the old version whether you like the look or not. you didn't seem to waste every other post letting anyone who will listen know you didn't like it before, so why do it now?

Your point has been made. 18 times now. Noted. thanks for your lack of constructive feedback. I think we're clear you don't like it. Any chance you can move on with life now?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TBL, history has shown that you usually can get results here faster than on the site. Sometimes more accurate as well.
;)
Either way, I'm sure they've taken into consideration your suggestions and are working on implementing them.
What were they again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0