Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter-Dec.'05/Jan.'06

Status
Not open for further replies.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not it hasn't, I have been this good for years. What has changed is my ability to stir the pot. 1 response, I guess I should have mouthed off GEU too but really what is there to say about them that hasn't been said or isn't true. The only thing they have going for them is their goalie, and he ain't getting any younger. I guess it doesn't hurt them to play in a league with Dewdney, GN, Poco and Whalley. GEU and PAU are tied for last amongst the teams that are actually of Premier quality. PAU with the game in hand and the tiebreaker. Most of GEUs points have come against the bottom 4 teams, we all agree those teams don't belong in Premier.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Origianlly posted by Bored
PAU with the game in hand and the tiebreaker
That isn't where we exactly want to be, BUT we've already played Chilli, Langley and GEU twice!!! Definately the best schedule to finish off the season...

Merry Christmas

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored said:
we all agree those teams don't belong in Premier.
I don't agree. I think your statement is a bit ironic though, seeing as you didn't mind playing in the premier league last season. You were obviously grossly overweight, out of shape,very slow, and short of confidence. Your heroic return from the land down under for the Pak cup final was in my opinion what cost you the match. stir.... stir:eek:

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fitness is OK, always been slow, never lacked confidence. The teams on this side of the river don't really have a lot to offer, playing in the premier league just to play in the league doesn't really sound all that much fun.

I don't think it cost Poco the match (ouch anyway) but it wasn't a great coaching decision, and if anyone can recognize a bad coaching decision it is you.

I don't see the irony but that could be because I understand the meaning of the word

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know you're bored, but Shut up and go back to the Div.2 threads FATMAN!!!:rolleyes: Your opinion is not wanted nor is it relivant here so hit the road Jack!!! Adios Amigo!!! Peace out Hero!!! Beat it Skid!!!

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bored indeed, but it is relevant. Last I checked you don't need to play to offer an opinion. It may not be wanted because you don't like it but your approval has never been something that I was looking for. If you don't like it, don't respond, but I think you must respond because there is enough truth to the post.

FATMAN, now that is irony, good example.

The 4 bottom teams are barely Premier quality. PAU is of course a good premier team and them being 5th or 6th shows how tight it is for the top level of premier teams. A tie is like a loss, it really puts you behind. As usual there is one or two teams that seperate a little, this year that is Chilli.

The 4 teams at the bottom a there for fodder. They have 2/3rds the number of wins than the team next team with the least amound of wins - that is the 4 teams combined!!

Whalley's only win was by default over Poco, and 1 tie v Poco
GN beat Dewdney, 2 ties vs Dewd, Delta
Dewdney beat Whalley, 3 Ties, Poco, Langley(nice work) and Chilli (nice work)
Poco beat Dewdney, 3 ties vs Dewd, Whalley and GN

These four teams have 21 points so far and only 3 of those points have come against teams other than these 4.
Anyone else see a trend??
A 6 team league wouldn't be great but these 4 teams do not belong at the top level, it weakens the league.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's the circle of life in that division, though. It's difficult for any team to stay on top without moving guys out that need to be moved out, then replacing them with younger, faster, albeit less experienced players. Chiliwhack seems to have done a good job over the years of recognizing this, LUFC has obviously done a fine job, in a much shorter time span. GEU, argue that they don't offer much now, their timing seems to be bang on...good year to rebuild. Look at the rest of the division...Delta is apparently very young this year, as are the Lions, both sitting top 4.

As for PAU...hate to say it, but their record and stats show that perhaps some of the guys are starting to slow down. Obviously, they can win on any given day (see their fine result vs. Langley), so they can pull it out, but to maintain the pace over a full season is tough if you've had previous injuries, or are wearing down. That also makes it all the more impressive that some of the old fossils in this division are still able to keep up.

The race to the end will be interesting. Chili just needs to put this on cruise control, and hopefully enter Provincials healthy, and with a low card count. I see LUFC pushing hard to ensure a Provincial birth through the league...I understand that it is top 3 now, plus the Pak winner (does anyone know how the 4th spot is awarded if a top 3 team wins Pak?), so they are well positioned to do that. I very much doubt the Langley camp will put much emphasis into the Pak, although they have a great draw. My thinking is LFC2 will want to have guys healthy once Provincials come around, then give it all there. Say what you will about their style, they have the right mix of experience and youth, so they could make a Provincial run, with a favorable draw.

North Delta...who knows, I suspect they're on cloud 9 right now, and probably want to win as much as they can, to hell with the consequences once they get to Provincials. They're young, maybe they can, but at some point the inexperience and likely injury / card trouble will bite them.

Once the Pak comes around, watch out for PAU. They're way out of the league standing Provincial hunt, so I'm sure these guys will want to win the Pak one more time, then see what they can do with the birth through that route. They have the experience, the skill, and motivation required for one last good push. As long as they stay out of relegation (they will), who cares about the league now? That said, I think Cainy will need to start looking at reducing the overall age of his squad next year.

Delta Metro & GEU...safely out of relegation, and nothing but a cup to play for...they could contend as well, but still see PAU with the edge over them.

The rest, yeah...relegation battles. For the sake of a stronger league going forward, you have to hope that Poco & DFC can stay up, and perhaps Whaley. If any, the league will be better off without GN/SFC in Premier. This club, as I've stated before, just don't care enough. At least the other clubs care about their programs, and will do something to improve.

The hope now is that the one or two teams coming up to Premier next year will be better prepared for the competition.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU's average age is fine. We have gotten much younger this year. I would say our average age of starters is 28ish. we have at least 5 starters under the age of 25. There are just a few that bring the average up.....way up. (friendly giant style)

Our second half of the season looks promising and I don't think that 2nd or 3rd place spot is out of reach. We have played Chilli, Langley and Geu. Have to get some points out of the Deltas and take care of the Prem. B league. All the other top teams have to play eachother still. The Lions look comfy in there position but have to go through, Langley, Chilli, PAU and GEU. that is a tough run to get major points. I see them falling with us taking there spot. now just watch!!!

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
PAU. They're way out of the league standing Provincial hunt,

WHAT:confused: Dude we have lost to one team this year ( Chilly) Have another look at the standings, we have a game in hand on both Delta sides, lets say for arguments sake we win our game in hand against Poco. we would be at 25pts, good enuff four 4th spot. We play Delta Lions one more time if we beat them we would be tied on points, and have the tiebreaker with a win and a tie record against them. The remainder of our season is Poco twice, Dewdney, GN, and the two Delta teams. We undoubtedly have some work ahead of us, but we are hardly out of the race for a B.C birth via the league. As far as our average age, in our starting group we have four, 20yr olds a couple of 24 yr olds with the remainder around 29, Just because we have BJ at 42 and Orso at 35 doesn't mean we are old. Six of our first eleven are closer to 20 than 25 yrs of age. Come watch us sometime

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,

Some very insightfull observations, but this:

Dude said:
PAU. They're way out of the league standing Provincial hunt.

.......might be a tad strong IMO.

Like Lion so eloquently stated, we have a favourable schedule for the remainder of the season, and are not far out of a Provincial placing in league standings. Of course we will make a push to defend our Pak Cup title this year, but we expect to have a Provincial berth locked up prior to that. If called upon, we 'older, slower' players will be ready to contribute. :D

~S

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
North Delta...who knows, I suspect they're on cloud 9 right now, and probably want to win as much as they can, to hell with the consequences once they get to Provincials. They're young, maybe they can, but at some point the inexperience and likely injury / card trouble will bite them.

Already gone through that this year, during the losses to Langley, Chilli, and GEU. Not to take anything way from those three teams, but we are definately ready to play each of them again. We were missing our two starting center backs during those games, as well as several others. And contrary to what BSLU thinks, since he played a whole summer with him, KP is one of the top center backs in the league, and the difference from when he is on the park, and when he isn't is day and night.

We started off the year just trying to redeem ourselves after last years terrible display. And now with a Provincial berth being a possiblity, the team has stepped it up the last couple of weeks, in both games and practices.

jtglookingforwardtoafunnewyear

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just trying to get you old fossils talking here Cainy. :D It's either that, or another ADD FC post, mixed in with a Christmas poem. Don't make me do it!

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of Older Fossils Dude, Just got my results from The MRI, Torn tendon in the hamsting, waiting for my surgery date at UBC. Maybe I'll be back in time for The Pak Cup Run seeing as how expedient our medical System is. Hopefully they'll give one of the old guys some PT.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jesus ridding a wheelchair, Studsup you're hurt more often than Dan Cloutier... I've hit piñatas more durable than you. Most are better looking too.

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Broken leg, two hernia operations, and now the hammy surgery to follow, all within the last three seasons. Shoulda iced em, taped em, and walked it off.

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
studsup said:
Broken leg, two hernia operations, and now the hammy surgery to follow, all within the last three seasons. Shoulda iced em, taped em, and walked it off.

AND......he even took place in the Teacher's strike earlier this year.....imagine holding that sign 2-3 days a week for 4 straight hours each time!!!

Hey Studs, why didn't you tell everyone about the self-performed Colonoscopy you also had done or is that too personal?!

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's a colonscopy?? Is that similar to the time you and your dad went to the doctor's office together and the doc told your old man he had a little untidiness down there??? willnots and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0