Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] - Results & Banter - Oct. 04'

Which has surprised you most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The month of September is drawing to a close. October brings with it new match-ups, as well as a new thread. Let the piss-taking for October begin!

I have also added a poll, just for shyts and giggles......

~Skip

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
i didn't vote. there needed to be a third option of 'neither of the above' to get my vote.

whalley had an easy early schedule, like the lions of last season, the year of geu. and now it's someone else's year.

jc

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it has to be GEU's lack of performance.

I don't know why Whalley winning there first 2 is such a big deal.
It wasn't one when the Lions went 2 and 0 last year to start it off.
Don't see the difference.
If anything the biggest shock is my lack of performance in life. But thats a whole different thread. :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The biggest shock to me is the poor performance of GEU. I was expecting them to come back a better squad, and push for the next level (performance in the Provincials).

That said, the season is young, and they can still pull together.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was surprised at last weeks score, but not surprised at the lack of form or the lack of talent on the sidelines :bronco:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Suprisingly Surprising....

As surprising as both GEU and Whalley have been...there is one thing this season that has surprised me even more......Guinness' salad!! :confused:

For those who have not yet been privy to viewing this work of art, let me just say....Shoc-king! :p This bird's hair will give you an idea of what we at PAU have had to deal with at training every week.

youKNOWIloveyouman

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To give everyone a better idea...the questions of the day on the Langley side was , "Who's the Wop?"

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anybody know the reason why the FVSL web site isn't posting peoples names on the suspended/ discipline list?

They just list players I.D. numbers or the players initials.

Is there some sort of privacy issue going on?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmmm... I was reading on the VISL website some stuff about some guy taking a 'vancouver' league to court because his name was posted on a soccer site as getting a red card... apparently it wasn't him but since it was his name (the guy didn't play soccer apparently), it defamed him or something like that.

I asked on their forums about it as I couldn't really believe it (didn't get an answer) but maybe this is the case?

Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sliver said:
Anybody know the reason why the FVSL web site isn't posting peoples names on the suspended/ discipline list?

They just list players I.D. numbers or the players initials.

Is there some sort of privacy issue going on?

Yes. This was brought up at the August league meeting. NF told us that they would not list names at all anymore because this privacy issue had arisen. It was suggested by someone at the meeting that the league might be able to get away with using the player reg. #'s.

I too agree that it's going a bit far, but unfortunately in this day and age, people are sensetive with regards to issues such as these.

~S

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just took in the POCO vs GEU game Result 1-1 tie...good game at albion with lots of chances for boths teams. GEU started it off early probably about 35 minutes in with a tap in goal after a nice save by the poco keeper. Poco equalized with about 20 to go with one of the nicest goals ive seen in a long time. # 12 I believe it was who was about 30 yards out let go a crackerjack top corner leaving millsy with no chance. Onto PAU next week which should be a battle.

can

Sep 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-1 tie @ albion this evening. the usual geu/ poco game a spirited affair. better effort by geu this week, yet probably anything would have been better than last week :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: great goal for poco from sliver with a one time volley postage stamp, with millsy having no chance. onto pau next week with every game here on in being huge..

blindman

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilliwack 5-0 Win over Whalley tonight in the Wack. 3-0 after a half hour so the result was really never in question. Too many stupid, silly, wasted, maybe even soft cautions in a match that wasn't nasty.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 1 - Lions 0

A late goal by Billy Jackson for the win. I'll let others give the details.

~Skip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0