Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] - Results & Banter - Oct. 04'

Which has surprised you most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would have to disagree with you LFC.....I got there at 5:30 and our guys were on the near side getting warmed up. .....yeah its a shitty deal having the field hockey game on before us but our guys were there.

As for the game......well LUFC were not the team that I thought.....we played well and it came down to Langley burying their chances and we could not. Langley came out stronger and threatened a couple of times early, and getting one on a nice cross.......we came back and had our chances and Wagner came up big on the breakaway ( he made about 3 great ones in the game, that I thought were going in )......we just have to find a way to finish.

Second half we came out stronger and had a couple of great chances to score but missed again ......and then we made some bad mistakes.....one was a very bad back pass that sends the Langley forward on a breakaway, and then on a goal kick our keeps makes a pass out to our defender that was too light....another breakaway goal and the night was done.

Now if LFC thinks that Langley was sooo dominating last night he really needs to get the coke glasses out.....Langley defintely the better team but no way did our squad look like a Div 2 side.

yeah we want to be there but our problem is depth...we have none......if we don't rectify that then we will be going down.

Now thats the way I saw it, so no offense taken on your post LFC but I would disagree with your post in its entirety.

LFC2 said:
Sorry, but my head hurt bad. Five hour nap later and things are starting to stabilize.

No piss take here, but Sikh is not a premier side, let alone a Div 1 squad. Their effort carries them a little ways and being so disorganized, it makes them tough to play. This is one team, unlike the Lions, who I could not imagine dropping points to even on our worst day. It could be argued that we were the same two years ago, but we did what we had to to remain in premier and we continued building. You don't get on the pitch until game time at NAP so you have to warm up on the grass which we did. They did not step on until 6PM and ran across the pitch a couple of times and then lined up. It showed boys, and I have a hard time believing you will survive this year, nor do I think you care. Just my opinion.

As far as the game goes, nothing really to report. We did what we had to, they threatened a couple of times, but no huge panic. We got our second goal after countless chances in the 60th minute, and that was it.

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Sixfyv

The Rapids Alumni consist of all members of the Premier Division Teams past, regardless of their names at the time. Hence, members of the Townsend Park Rangers, the Chilliwack Football Club, and Chilliwack Zippee Thistle, all qualify as Alumni. Currently, there are no members of the Chilliwack Rapids who have yet "been run out of town", unless you include the Coach, prior to A. Williams' arrival...which would make "1" the number of individuals who were "run out of town". I think he now lives in Spuzzum.

:)

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier Division # Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Peace Arch United 8 6 1 1 18 9 19
2 LUFC United 7 5 2 0 16 7 17
3 Chilliwack Rapids 8 4 3 1 25 10 15
4 GN Sporting Club 7 4 0 3 16 17 12
5 PoCo City Dominion 7 3 2 2 13 6 11
6 DMU United 7 3 2 2 17 13 11
7 GEU Ultra 8 3 1 4 16 18 10
8 Whalley Storm 8 2 2 4 10 18 8
9 Sikh United Red Devils 8 0 2 6 8 30 2
10 North Delta Lions 8 0 1 7 4 15 1

Well, one more week 'till the half-way mark and some interesting movement (or lack thereof) in the standings.

Most notably, Chilliwack leapfrogging GN into 3rd place.

Delta missing a chance to get into the top four, by dropping points to Whalley.

Four of the top 6 teams with a game in hand, could make for a very meaningfull 'make-up' week at the end of the sched.

The 'relegation' match next week between the Lions and the Sikhs is big for both sides.

Thoughts?

~Skip

burkee&nonis

Aug 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC You are blind as a bat.

How many chances did you in the first half? One. We missed a breakaway in the 1st. Second half we had about three chances to tie it up but we could not finish our chances. Then we made two very silly mistakes that finished us off with about 20 min to go. I am very surprised to see the Langley squad in the top 3 of premier. Overall they are a hard working group but by know means are they the most talented.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hiss....

Oooh - A little tete a tete going on here netween the Sikh lads and LFC2.

"Let alone a Div. 1 squad."
"Surprised to see in the Top 3 in Premier."
"By no means are they the most talented."
And then:
"Just my opinion"
"No offense taken but I disagree entirely".

A good old 'Fcuk you Cnut, and your shite fcuking Club' works sometimes too lads. :D

Skip said:
Thoughts?

Well Skippy, I'm down to two clubs in my quest for the Suicide Pool Trophy and my continued dominance of knowledge within the FVSL.
I'd like your thoughts, actually, on what I should do after I successfully challenged your side to carry me through to the last round.
Thanks in advance. ;)

burkee&nonis said:
LFC You are blind as a bat.

Wel done Burkee, a Halloween play on words, just in before midnight.

Aaawoooo,

RF

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can a Club that has a Premier and a CAT squad get its Premier squad relegated? If so, does that squad go to CAT? or to Div. 1? Can there be a CAT squad and a Div. 1 squad in the same Club?

Answers people...I need answers.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta 2 - 2 Whalley

Dropping two points in our match against Whalley hurts... bad. :mad:

At about 3 minutes, Sandro scores from 30 yards on a goal that goes under our keeper's armpit on the dive. Their second was a shanked shot that went off our defenders leg and spun into the net. Those were their only two "shots" of the game.

We managed to scramble and salvage a tie, while still hitting 2 posts and a crossbar, as well as missing a sitter at the top of the 6.

Disappointing game that should have pushed us into 4th spot.

Onto GN next week.

Side note: What the hell is with their pitch? Turf in part of ONE of the 18s??? 20 yards too narrow??? Sandcastle competitions at halftime at the top of the turf??? I suggest that Whalley ask... nay BEG to play all of their games on the road... for the safety of their own players.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Classic RF :D

All my piss and vinegar was spent in the CAT thread....nothing left LFC. Plus anyone that plays with Dude knows he is a cnut anyway :D

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: PAU 2 GN 1

Great result for us Friday night... GN always give us trouble for whatever reason, but after about 25 minutes I thought we controlled the match...
It doesn't get any easier, the next couple of weeks we face PoCo and travel to that grave yard known as Chilliwack!!!

Again the lack of facilities @ Premier side matches is a total joke... Horrible weather at 9pm on a Friday night and one shoe box without the use of showers (because it was filled with equipment) for both teams to fight over... The League doesn't have their marbles being more conserned with clubs having to field PDL (previously known as CAT) teams rather than taking the Premier League seriously... No wonder the "Friday Night League" doesn't get any respect from the other side of the Fraser!!! :rolleyes: :mad:

Guinnesslovestobitchaboutgettoorganizing!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm a cnut or the guys playing with me? I need clarification on this issue...don't have the time to read between the lines.

PS: Fcuk you and your club.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rivermouth said:
Can a Club that has a Premier and a CAT squad get its Premier squad relegated? If so, does that squad go to CAT? or to Div. 1? Can there be a CAT squad and a Div. 1 squad in the same Club?

Answers people...I need answers.

If your Premier team gets relegated, the CAT spot is also lost. The club would get a spot in Division 1 and the remaining players either get dispersed within the club or form a new team and start where there is room, likely Division 3 or possibly Div 2 along side Big T's team. Aldergrove is a good example from last season.

Now, slightly off topic I know Skip, if heaven forbid Sikh goes down this year, there will likely be a a olive branch extended to Big T, as he partnered with Dude in the middle of the park would be worth the admission alone. Bag of cnuts one might say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0