Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter October 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hall3

Sep 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove 3
Abbotsford 1

They scored early on a pk which was questionable, but I think the ref missed several calls on both sides of the ball. We received a pk late in the first half on a great run from Wes. Haber calmly slotted it. In the second half Wes set up the second with a nice cross to Marius our new guy. Wes then finished the last one himself another right foot from a lefty. Easy to name the man of the match today, nice job #2. Special thanks to our callups, they came through in a big way.

hubs

Oct 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Question is Stevie what are you doing posting already ? You should still be at the park with a bevie in hand !! Sounds like grove is off to a decent start for a bunch of "farmers". Wes man of the match....go figure.....!! Good luck the rest of the way boys.

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My brand of soccer will flurish and others will copy it and mabee Canadian mens soccer will improve.
Mabee I'm out to lunch.
We shall see.

No Ghouse , your not out to lunch, all Canadian soccer has to do is hire you and you will save it. Ghouse will help Canada win the 2014 World cup. Not sure where that world cup will be played, maybe in ghouses head..:rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Ghouse , your not out to lunch, all Canadian soccer has to do is hire you and you will save it. Ghouse will help Canada win the 2014 World cup. Not sure where that world cup will be played, maybe in ghouses head..:rolleyes:

As long as Ghouse sets the draw for the World Cup, I figure we have a GREAT chance. :D ;)

no finish

May 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
dont matter how you play when you cant field a team because of stupid cards.hope everyones turkey dinner was good. gotta take a dump im out.

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok some thoughts about Lang/ACBC. I am not here to make an enemy or throw insults back and forth with them. Met Rich for the first time at the Premier meeting a couple months ago and found him to be a breath of fresh air. More than engaging on Saturday night as an opposing coach.

ACBC are extremely quick, very young and move the ball as well as any good VMSL side we have ever had the pleasure of playing. Literally took the piss on us for the first 30 minutes and were rewarded with the lead. Not surprising, we are not a young team, and yes like many others, including our opposition on the night, were missing players. A excuse I will never lean on as it is just that, an excuse. You do what you need to do to field a competitive side, accept your lot and get on with it.

ACBC lost the plot after the 2-0 lead and as an observer watched them self destruct. Given all the sub plots and twists, we deserved the win. We showed why we have been a contender for the last 6-7 years. It was great character, and freaking hard work that got us the game, much like last week against PAU. We are not the most talented squad, and definately not the youngest, but we will almost always (POCO) show up and compete.

Now the last bit I will throw in and likely receive some abuse back. To receive respect you must give respect. This was not a dirty game and not all that hard. Not the best referee we see, but you know what you get with him and good or bad, he is consistent and you must manage that. The swarming of the official at one point was simply unacceptable at an amateur level. I was not far from it, and he would have been justified flashing more red than he did, so I would consider ACBC fortunate. One other piece that has not been mentioned is that leading up to the controversial 2nd goal, the ref did not allow the advantage and blew the whistle as the ball hit the back of the net. He called a dangerous kick on ACBC and awarded us the indirect free kick within the 18. So unless I am missing something, if he had allowed the play to carry on on the advantage, 2-2 game before the free kick.

You had us by the throats, showed the old boys little respect and it cost you 3 points. This team with Rich's leadership will go a long way and will sit at the top in the near future, but it's the little things that get you to the next level. Let your ability and talent do your talking, not celebrating with an hour to go.

Respectfully.

Hall3

Sep 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to hear from you Hubs. How is the other side of the country? You wouldn't even recognize our team from a year ago. I was looking around before the game and there was only 5 of us left from the team you played on. That's why we were finished early there was only 4 of us having pints at the end of the game. The other team was long gone and the young guys don't stick around. Wes has filled in for you nicely and he can finish his chances.

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
More thoughts on ACBC/Langley game. It was obvious that ACBC is new to the league and very young. They looked impressive for about 35 minutes and then became more focused on patting themselves on the back. The bald sweeper had it coming to him and it was quite enjoyable seeing him pass it back only to have it intercepted and slotted for the gwg. As for the free kick, ACBC should have thanked the ref for giving them the quick whistle and not allowing the advantage (goal 1/2 a second later). The swarming of the ref was ridiculous, they looked like a bunch of spoiled kids chasing after the ice-cream man. I believe that there is one simple fix to make this a championship team. Get some new jerseys and then maybe some old guys will come and play with you.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
More thoughts on ACBC/Langley game. It was obvious that ACBC is new to the league and very young. They looked impressive for about 35 minutes and then became more focused on patting themselves on the back. The bald sweeper had it coming to him and it was quite enjoyable seeing him pass it back only to have it intercepted and slotted for the gwg. As for the free kick, ACBC should have thanked the ref for giving them the quick whistle and not allowing the advantage (goal 1/2 a second later). The swarming of the ref was ridiculous, they looked like a bunch of spoiled kids chasing after the ice-cream man. I believe that there is one simple fix to make this a championship team. Get some new jerseys and then maybe some old guys will come and play with you.

Sweet talking the SPCA may help with the donation of team muzzles :rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The whole swarming of the referee thing is enough in itself to have the game abandoned. That's what refs should do the second a team decides to do this. It normally leads to one of the players grabbing the ref's arm.........mickey mouse when teams - professional or amateur do this..........

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The whole swarming of the referee thing is enough in itself to have the game abandoned. That's what refs should do the second a team decides to do this. It normally leads to one of the players grabbing the ref's arm.........mickey mouse when teams - professional or amateur do this..........

i seem to remember this has happened to A.C.B.C. before, the ref called the game because he felt threatened in a similar incident, Ghouse ? anyone ?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It happened in our Nomads pre season tounrament...

It was a mess, a couple of descriptions in the tourney thread if you go to the backpages...

Regardless, that situation was not an ACBC vs Nomads issue, it was a simple matter of our referee coordinator for that tourney not doing his job, and putting someone completely incapable of running a mens league game in his stead, and the ref abandoned the game after both teams had handbags at ten paces...We got on with the game without him, and I got a strip torn off me for doing so by our so called "referee coordinator" and that was the day that I figured out Mike Hollywood Holden was not going to be coordinating officials for our little summer ending pre season tourney ever again.

Rich and his boys were all class that day, save about two guys for 30 seconds...from both Nomads and ACBC, but it was never ever a situation that the ref should have thought to himself was worthy of abandonment.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL. I agree with all of you. Just because a Ref makes a mistake in Premier that costs a goal. He should never be approched by the players. The red card was given to who ever was closest to the Ref to maintain order. My guys are learning the hard way what it's like to play in Fvsl Premier. Funny. My guys with reds for talking to the Ref !! One played pro in Germany,costsrica,and 8 years div 2 in Brasil. The other guys national champions olympics u whatever a few years ago and vmsl premier for the other for 7 years. Never had card problems before. All of a sudden. Bam. Premier FVSL ?? Weird. It's not any of our guys first year in premier either just for the record. . It's first year in FVSL premier. He'll I have national team players on my team. And they all are acting weird. I wish I could put my finger on why all these good guys and good players are acting like this. They don't act like this anywhere else. So why are they acting like this now. Mabee it's the uniforms. I mean really. What could be different that could be setting these regular good guys who have played at high levels all over the world off. I wonder?

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL. I agree with all of you. Just because a Ref makes a mistake in Premier that costs a goal. He should never be approched by the players. The red card was given to who ever was closest to the Ref to maintain order. My guys are learning the hard way what it's like to play in Fvsl Premier. Funny. My guys with reds for talking to the Ref !! One played pro in Germany,costsrica,and 8 years div 2 in Brasil. The other guys national champions olympics u whatever a few years ago and vmsl premier for the other for 7 years. Never had card problems before. All of a sudden. Bam. Premier FVSL ?? Weird. It's not any of our guys first year in premier either just for the record. . It's first year in FVSL premier. He'll I have national team players on my team. And they all are acting weird. I wish I could put my finger on why all these good guys and good players are acting like this. They don't act like this anywhere else. So why are they acting like this now. Mabee it's the uniforms. I mean really. What could be different that could be setting these regular good guys who have played at high levels all over the world off. I wonder?

my guess.

you thought u were going to come into the league and walk over everyone, but instead are having troubles beating anybody. 14 goals against in 6 games?? tighten up.

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
my guess.

you thought u were going to come into the league and walk over everyone, but instead are having troubles beating anybody. 14 goals against in 6 games?? tighten up.

maybe some truth in that
they dont act like that when they are up a goal or so
maybe these international's and god knows what else just aint used to getting beat maybe they are living off past achievments which counts for jack sh1t today and they have to earn it all over again tell em rich tell em
but tell em after we play next cos if they ever get their sh1t together we could all be in trouble ;)

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ghouse, I keep telling you but you don't listen. Get them off that Red Bull Shite and Onto some Beaver Buzz;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0