Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - October 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpranger

Oct 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BSLU the red card and the Penalty call had nothing to do with the the outcome of the game. Without Teddy, Slaner would have potted one and we would have been up by two. In all honesty, it seemed like that game could have gone on all night and Langely wouldn't have come close.

BSLU

Sep 22, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
tpranger, I did not say the red card and penalty call had anything to do with the outcome of the game you dumbass! read carefully; it clearly states that I said the red card and penalty definately changed the game. big difference. Langley:us, had to change the way we played ... obviously down a man and after the pk, 2 nil. You would be a fool to think that it wouldn't have changed the game, not the outcome! We just made more mistakes than the wack that is all. The young guy will learn in the back! Lookin forward to the weeks to come.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to the Wack. Great anticipation from the match on both sides, and in the end a game full of intensity with Chilliwack deserving of the win. Throw the same two teams on the field next week, could be completely the opposite result as Langley is capable of more and the Wack capable of less on occasion. Nonetheless, good game for both clubs as I think I can speak for both, April is what we are trying to prepare for and nights like that will help.

Think Lion is smarter than some give him credit for. Go further back, we have not lost a league game since before xmas 2003, 31 or 32 games. Never going to say we needed nor wanted to lose, but will be healthy moving forward without this target on our backs. Goal beginning of August was top 3, as it remains today.

Lions will be tough come Saturday.

tpranger

Oct 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BSLU, thats the thing, the card didn't change the game. We were taking it to Langley before the card and we continued to take it to Langley after the card. See no change.

BSLU

Sep 22, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't need to argue with someone who doesn't understand the written form of comminication, it is a fight nobody will win. If you think that playing down a man and down two goals doesn't change the way you play, you truly are an idiot. Did it change the way we had to play: absolutely. We fought for ninety minutes to get back into the game unsuccessfully. Pushing forward down two goals to get back in the match doesn't help as well. You were the better team on the night. Take it and leave it. Its one match, it doesn't make the season.

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both sides played well, let's leave it at that, but just for the record BSLU:

Though a team that is down to 10 men may have to change the "style" of play, it is my belief that, at least outside of the international level, a team with 10 men can often have an advantage over one that is full sided. Why? Because sometimes, the full sided team can get confused on an individual level, over who is supposed to mark which man on the 10 man sided team, particularly if the "stronger" team continues to try to play zone defense, instead of man-to-man. This can lead to inadvertent "holes" in the full side's defenses, which can be capitalized on by the "weaker" squad. I've witnessed this many times, with many squads, outside of the international level. So, though Langley may have had to change its "style" of play after going one man down, it can be argued that there was a period of time, prior to the Wack players converting their defense to a man-to-man, where Langley may have been stronger (which is, in fact what happened, as Langley got through the Wack defences, in a very definitive manner, AFTER they were down one man, for about 4-5 minutes, for their one best shot, which hit the top cross-bar, and was the closest, cleanest, and best shot they had gotten to, and through the Wack 16 all game. If that ball had gone in...who knows...but it didn't, and then the Wack sorted themselves out, went from zone to man-to-man, and this game was done). So, though "style" change, arguably no real change in result (at least on that night). Many more games left in the season however, and...as the saying goes: "Many miles to go, before there is sleep".

Still, it was a great game between two excellent squads, regardless of the score.

ArroyoBunk

Oct 11, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
the game's over. let's just let it go...

week six matches start on friday:

friday october 14

chilliwack vs gn - 8:00 exhibition stadium
gn, after a shakey start have earned points in their last two while chilli came away with a good result from langley.
no call.

geu vs whalley - 7:30 rotary turf
geu will look to get back on track after dropping points to pau. whalley is still searching for their first point and will need to be better to find it at geu.
i pick geu.

saturday october 15

dewdney vs pau - 12:00 pitt meadows athletic
a very unimpressive dewdney have yet to prove they belong in this division. beating pau would be a good first step. pau, however, will not be keen to go easy on the newcomers and should have no problem handing the razorbacks another loss.
i'll take pau.

nd vs langley - 9:00 mackie turf
my motw. nd have continued to prove that their relegation battle last year will not be repeated this season. langley will want to begin a new unbeaten streak after last weekend's loss. this should be an exciting game to watch as both teams are determined to get a result.
i see langley taking this one. (although i'd prefer a draw...)

sunday october 16

dmu vs poco - 2:15 john oliver
somehow dmu managed to tie gn on the weekend after giving chilli a run for their money the week before. poco will have to step their game up from last weekend as a result against dewdney means very little.
dmu to win.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I were a betting man, I'd have bet Langley to keep the streak alive through last week, and lose it this week at Mackie. Tough park for Langley, for whatever reason. I know in the past I was distracted by little brown pencil erasers, but then the Lions have a good mix of brown and pink erasers on the sidelines.

Tough luck Langley boys. Quite the long and impressive streak it was. At least the loss went to a good group of farmers out of Chilliwack, and no team that would dare wear mittens in October. That, and white past Labor Day...those PAU guys are just too pretty.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Wack vs Langley clearing up the air...

Originally posted by:Rivermouth
Langley may have had to change its "style" of play after going one man down
You mean they couldn't stuff 11 men behind the ball anymore!!! :rolleyes: That must have really hurt their game plan not being able to get Teddy to lump it up the pitch all night!!! ;)

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice job this weekend boys!!

I'm wondering where all the young, new GEU boys are around here? Surely, all the piss and vinegar they have displayed in previous years has not suddenly subsided.

I recall them (ie. Lucy et all) having much to say about how the Premier team was too old, and how the young guns weren't given their chance to shine in the BIGS.

Fukcitsquietinhere!

:D

sam1

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
Nice job this weekend boys!!

I'm wondering where all the young, new GEU boys are around here? Surely, all the piss and vinegar they have displayed in previous years has not suddenly subsided.

I recall them (ie. Lucy et all) having much to say about how the Premier team was too old, and how the young guns weren't given their chance to shine in the BIGS.

Fukcitsquietinhere!

go call them out on the fvsl cat thread... most of them arnt on the prem team yet.

J D Walker

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:

Fukcitsquietinhere!

still here. and by the way......... I'm still waiting for my sandwich.

GEU 3 - whale fc - 1

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF?....it's been 20 hours since we've heard from one or more of the Chilliwack boys, telling us about how great they are! :confused:

Win something......and then we'll listen. :D

~Did I mention it's quiet in here?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't worry Skip; ADD FC has a match this Saturday. I'll be happy to send in a match report then.

By the pace of this thread, that should be in about 1.5 posts from now.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of ADD and 1.5... any chance?

To get back to the conversation at hand let me add the following...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0