Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter September & October 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geu 1 Pau 1

Girth, nice observation of the match... Were you the redneck who tried the burnout after the game!!! :rolleyes:

I'll try and give a "players" perspective... GEU worked their balls off all night and used their bench well, every ten minutes... They were up for this match and battled all over the shop... That said, they had a shoc-king PK called which fortunately was missed off the bar and that was it for decent chances... PERIOD... I'm not sure where you got "both teams missing easy finishes" from???

We definately lacked something tonight... I know it's weak to say we only had 1 sub available after 20 minutes, but this early in the season it was obvious our fitness is just not there yet... Our ability to capitalise off corners and free kicks in dangerous positions was brutal... I was fcuking embarassing at times!!! That said, we will only improve and have a lot of talent coming back into the side next week...

In the end a draw was a fair result, but we should have sealed the points by half time... :mad:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Geu 1 Pau 1

Girth, nice observation of the match... Were you the redneck who tried the burnout after the game!!! :rolleyes:

I'll try and give a "players" perspective... GEU worked their balls off all night and used their bench well, every ten minutes... They were up for this match and battled all over the shop... That said, they had a shoc-king PK called which fortunately was missed off the bar and that was it for decent chances... PERIOD... I'm not sure where you got "both teams missing easy finishes" from???

We definately lacked something tonight... I know it's weak to say we only had 1 sub available after 20 minutes, but this early in the season it was obvious our fitness is just not there yet... Our ability to capitalise off corners and free kicks in dangerous positions was brutal... I was fcuking embarassing at times!!! That said, we will only improve and have a lot of talent coming back into the side next week...

In the end a draw was a fair result, but we should have sealed the points by half time... :mad:

From everyone I talk to... it seems your the only one that seems to think Pau should have won this game.

Friday Knight

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter September 07'

Chilliwack 4 - Abby 2

2-0 at half for Chilliwack. 4-0 (All by Slane) before Abby scored a couple late...actually, they scored one and Mumms helped round out the scoring by putting a beauty past his own keeper! Nice touch Mumms!!

Note - Abby has a good young team that is going to take their share of points in this league. They work hard and don't quit. End of the university season should be a big boost for them.

Friday Knight

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

...Sorry...Abby made it 3-1 shortly before Slane got his fourth.
Did I mention that Mumms helped make it 4-2??

Hall3

Sep 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Aldergove 3 - Port Moody 0

An ugly game on both sides. Moody's keeper let in a couple of weak ones late in the first half against the run of the play. They couldn't get anything going in the second half which was capped off by a trademark Baldy free kick. Honourable mention to our rookie 'little D'. Note to other teams Moody has changed fields and they have change rooms!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Geu 1 Pau 1

You blamed everything except for the traffic... Does this mean GEU was worth the drive?

Ididn'twanttogolftodayanyway.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: GEU 1 PAU 1

Originally posted by:Franchise
From everyone I talk to... it seems your the only one that seems to think Pau should have won this game.
Anyone that would waste their time talking to you can't possibly have an intelligent thing to say! :rolleyes:
I've give credit to the GEU lads who were full value for the draw, however it was very evident they were extemely happy with that point! PAU were very disappointed to drop 2 points last night, where GEU were chuffed.

Apples and oranges (like the Canucks and Leafs) ;)

Cantona

Oct 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think PAU spent too much time in the offseaon working on there calendar!!..lol. They were very lucky to get a point but all said and done it was an intense game full of everything, a beauty to watch, well except for PAU punting the ball up the pitch but hey whatever works.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: GEU 1 PAU 1

Anyone that would waste their time talking to you can't possibly have an intelligent thing to say! :rolleyes:
I've give credit to the GEU lads who were full value for the draw, however it was very evident they were extemely happy with that point! PAU were very disappointed to drop 2 points last night, where GEU were chuffed.

Apples and oranges (like the Canucks and Leafs) ;)

why wouldn't GEU be happy with the point. PAU has all these new signings, won the league and 2 straight Pak cups. GEU is in premier because somebody dropped out. If you ask me PAU is getting old....you may have been missing players but that shows a lack of heart and a lack of depth if you can't win with your depth doesn't it guiness.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Creative username - cousin of Steve?

:rolleyes:

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Creative username - cousin of Steve?

:rolleyes:

No..probably just Lfc1 and lfc2, forget your password again?

Good game last night to watch, nice goal to take the win. North Delta looked better than I remember, but were not able to create much once they reached the attacking third.

Cantona

Oct 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

PAU is a good team. GEU didnt get a point because PAU is bad. GEU got a point and should have won because there a great team. Last year has nothing to do with anything, in the past. This is a new team!! Yeah, they got a second chance to play Prem and watch out they're gonna surprise the hell out of a lot of teams. It begins NOW!!!!!

LittleKeeper

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well played game on Saturday night between ND and Langley. Props to the Langley goal scorer who found the top corner with a cracker from the top of the box. Thought the game could have been ours with just a bit of finish and luck around the net. Langley keeps made a huge save with about 10 to go to preserve the win

1/2 PINT

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes, slow start for us....
Typical Slane, stand around and do sweet buger all the entire game other than showing up on the doorstep 4 times....
We came out better in the second half, but still not good enough on our behalf...
Chilli did the job in the first half, and at times heald on at the second, but did the job on the most part.

Will for sure be a great round two game, as we collect a couple more players.

BTW: MUMMS, It was a great finish...It's all in the delivery of that cross, it was harder for you to miss!

Delta Metro at home for us next week, how did they do this last game...Any updates?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

DMU 1-5 Poco City FC

That's what the fraservalley site said. Any more word on this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0