Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Vote for Muzz

Vote for...

• Total voters

crazykicker

Nov 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I must say, being an assessor from Vancouver and the Valley, the young kids coming from Metro ie: Total Soccer Systems (Richmond), School of Excellence (Abbotsford), Academy (Burnaby) are the key to these premier teams. Having not made the commitment to University yet, these young ones have quite the talent. HOWEVER, of course there is a however, there is many vets who take charge and definately have the experience. There is a different attitude and level of fitness with these young'uns. They seem to work harder and compete with all heart. Having to watch many games this year, they seem to do more of the work and carry the load for the team. Now-a-days, squads in the VMSL and FVSL at the Premier tend to carry a lot more youth in their squad, due to the fitness and knowledge of the game from Top Coaches again Ie: Jordan, Errington, Rohla, Lenarduzzi, and Miller, just to name a few.

That is my opinion, however, don't get me wrong, the vets are the backbone for most teams. That said, some teams carry too many youths, in turn, fail to respect the flow and attitude of the game, hence, Dewdney.

Cheers

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cainy,

Funny you should mention Curtis.

Over beers in the room last Sunday, was reminiscing w/ Kenny Wilson a little about some of the players we've played with and against in the past, and his name came up. Strong, competitive, and can give as much as he's willing to take. You know when you step on the pitch in midfield across from him that you have a long, long day ahead of you. You'll get your share of elbows, nips at the ankles, likely bang heads a bunch of times on air challenges. Best thing about Curt is that if you take a run at him, clatter him, whatever, he just gets up, smiles, and gives you an "atta boy"...then you'd better be ready for it coming back.

Have to say, some of the more enjoyable games I'm played in over the years were with Curtis on the other side.

But those are the types of players I guess us old guys like playing against. Old school. Battle hard on the field, enjoy a pint or 8 off it.

In terms of this year, I'll stick to my guns...would rather have guys on the team from a winning program. And, yes, I do think there is a place on that squad for one, maybe two of the O-35 guys...not only for their skill, and experience, but let's be honest...they are still some of the better players in the Valley, full stop. Simply put, some of these young guys who's names have come up just aren't as good as these older guys. Unfortunately, that speaks more to the overall lack of tallent in the FVSL than anything. But, I think this game, and likely some of the stuff the guy running this has planned moving forward, will help with the exposure side to get tallented kids thinking about staying locally to play.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Curtis and Sandro probably would be my vote to get to the short list from Whalley.

Interesting to see Cainy's comments (albeit a certain bias flavour to it of course ;) ) differ a bit from the likes of Guinness yet they share the same dressing room.
And shoe sizes...
And panties... ;)

There is no doubt a forum like this will be viewed and interpreted by the people involved to help formulate a good decision as to what this All Star team will look like.

Not to make it out like some Much Music VJ search where the popular votes count but it's great for constructive debate.

And, I think it will generate a lot of interest and attendance for the upcoming match.

FVSLforever

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cainy has no clue!!! He's a fcuking muppet... His opinion is made up from everyone elses words!!! He'd start 5 of our guys in a mean nothing high tempo match before the PAK final (assuming we beat the Lions)... I hate him, full stop.

Seriously, other than Aves (or Ballbaby) Hjorth, Muzz et all have no interest in battling against the Whitecaps... They play over 35 because they have more important things in their lives NOW then training twice a week to keep their starting spot and then battle tooth and nail every weekend... I'd have Pistol on my team anyday, however not for this team in this game... He simply doesn't deserve the look (biased or not)... Same goes for Muzz...
Originally posted by: Dude
Howes, not to mention all those vets mentioned in Ball's post don't know what it's like to battle week in, week out?
I know they remember how to battle week in and out, I'm saying they just don't do it anymore!!! You're a fcuking pest that talks to himself on the pitch!!! Scram.

BTW, you are a shite golfer, pay a horrible hair stylist, bad lover (so your lovely wife says) and have never drank more beer in one sitting than RF has had pacho servings!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right about the bad golfer, and I must be a bad lover. Your missus kept screaming out "Oh Johnny" every time the top of her head hit the backseat window. I must have been doing something wrong...

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The people who make an allstar team should be commended on the current years production. I love Sandro. But his team as a whole has not done much. They have 18 goals for in 17 games.
How do you put him on. You are obviously commenting on past year performances. He was injured for the first part of the season.
On the Neil thing. He is a great player, runs hard etc.. but I think he is even a better defender then Striker. If the Lions had more strikers he would probably be playing defence. He can shut down most with his pace and size. Ask him!!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good point about Sando.
I haven't seen him this year and I forgot he was injured.

But again, are you picking a team that will compete against the 'Caps or are you picking a team that is based on merit for the whole season?

A guy on my team, who I think also could be considered for this team if he's fit to play, sorry in advance you young fcukers, is Keith Izatt.
Keith maybe plays one out of every 4 games for us.
When he's good to go we play him lots.
Is that fair to the guys who have been putting it in each week?
Maybe not, but he's arguably our best player.

I find the same situation with Sapperton and the VMSL All Stars regarding Kevin Hearn.
He's hardly there but when he is, he's given the job.

Point - Counter point.
Balls in your court now Lion, ;)
RF

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Keith Izzat

Brilliant player in his day... As was: McLean, Bailey, Shuey, Pasqua, Avery, Hjorth, Muirhead, Bey, Howes, Wilkenson, Brownie etc. etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.etc.
Point taken big man...
Rangerforever
But again, are you picking a team that will compete against the 'Caps or are you picking a team that is based on merit for the whole season?
IMO, both... That said, perhaps a few of the supposed veteran players in the premier league would have something to say to you professional onlookers...
Defenders - Kyle Williams, Kevin Saunders, Ryan Peterson, Brett Jeffrey, Kris Peterson and Peter (the greek from Whalley) will battle, compete and do well against the Caps...
Sorry to the old people I may have offended...
Hugs & kisses, Guinness

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to clarify, the team i listed would have to attend a couple training sessions, along with many others like Chris Peterson, Sandro, Mummery,Slaney, etc... etc... No coach in his right mind would sellect a side without having a look at what thier physical situation is. I also wasn't suggesting our players play before a cup final. i am just stating who i think would give us the best shot at competing in a one off game. If they are willing and fit. I my opinion a team full of great players doesn't always get it done. You need to have some coachable guys who are prepared to accept a role. Someone has to do all the running, tracking, tackling. etc... The team i picked has all the ingrediants to compete. Aves or Pete wouldn't be able to track Whitecaps for 90 mins but the would put in a good shift and then you would make changes.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0