Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Game consoles and online gaming

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok...I know that there are some closet gamers out there!!

I finally broke down and bought the XBox 360 for my kid (he's 2) and want to see what sort of games there are for him to experience online? I am just wondering what Call to Duty 4 are like as well as Halo 3?

What about the sporting games?

Thoughts??

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you think I could get the wife to bite on this as well? I could tell her that there are other 2 year olds out there to play online with!

:D

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have the X-Box 360.

I have Fifa 2008, and I only play it on-line. Best video game I have ever played.

Mind you, I generally only play sports games........

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Bork...I have a PS3 and just finished call of duty 4 and it was brilliant!
I have always had playstations and enjoyed any of the EA sport games.

I don't think the little one will be playing any time soon so enjoy!!

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am going to try it out for the XBOX 360...sorry...the kid is going to test it out for me and get back to me with his thoughts.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
PS3 for me and for X-Mas got NHL 08, FIFA 08, Madden 08 (sense a theme here?) and just picked up Call of Duty and Tiger Woods. All games are amazing, Tiger Woods will now eat up the majority of time as it's nuts (it lets you import pictures to make your golfer look like you, and it does), as well as Call of Duty online. Army of Two is coming out and it will be awesome too, you'll be able to play that together :) The only downside I find with Xbox is that you have to pay for online (PS3 is free) and it's HD-DVD (plus you have to buy the add-on) and PS3 is Blu-ray, which has way more titles available, and seems to be winning the battle reminiscent of the Beta/VHS variety.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm always playing FIFA 08, I've got NHL 08 but I suck I cant get the skill stick.

Xbox Live kjohnsob

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
PS3 for me and for X-Mas got NHL 08, FIFA 08, Madden 08 (sense a theme here?) and just picked up Call of Duty and Tiger Woods. All games are amazing, Tiger Woods will now eat up the majority of time as it's nuts (it lets you import pictures to make your golfer look like you, and it does), as well as Call of Duty online. Army of Two is coming out and it will be awesome too, you'll be able to play that together :) The only downside I find with Xbox is that you have to pay for online (PS3 is free) and it's HD-DVD (plus you have to buy the add-on) and PS3 is Blu-ray, which has way more titles available, and seems to be winning the battle reminiscent of the Beta/VHS variety.

tiger woods definate. thx for the ps3 info was not aware IT was free. gonna plug that in and cancel the xbox sub.

p.s. just bought a nintento WII. fun stuff for sure. thoughts?

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm always playing FIFA 08, I've got NHL 08 but I suck I cant get the skill stick.

Xbox Live kjohnsob

skill stick is fuked! i switch to classic for success when im playin my buds. lay down the money and dont tellem my secret. money in the bank.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
tiger woods definate. thx for the ps3 info was not aware IT was free. gonna plug that in and cancel the xbox sub.

p.s. just bought a nintento WII. fun stuff for sure. thoughts?

Skill stick is wicked if you can use it, couldn't imagine not playing with it now.

Wii is awesome, drunken Wii is better. Best games for it are either tennis or golf, baseball's not that bad either.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
(-8) in Wii Golf for me.........that's the house record so far. :D

Capt, I got to (-3) then suffered a drunken Wii injury playing tennis.

But by far, off the games we have Lara Croft Anniversary edition for Wii, is top notch! You have to use the nun chuck to aim before you shoot. Also Lara's assets bounce around when shaking the nun chuck.

My kid thinks I don't know how to shoot with it, as I am always shaking it:D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had my first taste of Wii this weekend and it's a must have... as soon as I can find one! Drunken tennis is a riot.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Closet gamer here as well. Bought the PS3 last spring (Only because of the Blue Ray benefit of course):D. Italian Stallion summarized well, the benefits of the PS3 in my opinion.

I'm more into the RPG games than the sport ones myself, although Mrs. Skip has an EA connection that allows me a nice price on their games. Suffice it to say, I have taken full advantage.

Fight Night 3
FIFA 2008
NHL 2008
Carbon Need for Speed
Tiger Woods 2008

My favourite EA game would have to be Tiger. The imported pic option is amazing. It's literally me, outdriving Tiger out there!!!

Call of Duty was amazing, but rather short.
Almost done Assassin's Creed. Great reviews and amazing graphics, but not as good as the hyp IMO.
Got Uncharted: Drakes Fortune over Christmas. Amazing game!! A must have. Not available for XBOX! :D

We need to compile a list of online TTP gamers!

~S

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have a PS3. Drake's is a great game. have finished it and Call of Duty 4.
Working on Assasins Creed right now. Have Rockband at home for drunk playing when people are over.

My bro got the Wii and he has Tiger and a bunch of other games. The Carnival game is pretty fun when you are drinking. HE "hurt" himself while doing some yard cleanup in November. According to his Fiancee there was no cleanup. Wii tennis elbow had struck after a weekend of Tennis , Bowling and golf. Wii is great in a group setting, much better than PS3 for those hiding from the women during a party. :D

Reeder

Nov 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you're looking into getting a PS3 and want to play PS2 games try and find a 60GB version. The built in emulator for the 60GB model plays more games as opposed to the software version for the 40GB/80GB.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually the 40GB doesn't play any PS2 games. It doesn't even have the software emulation, but that's why it retails for $399 or less

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you're looking into getting a PS3 and want to play PS2 games try and find a 60GB version. The built in emulator for the 60GB model plays more games as opposed to the software version for the 40GB/80GB.

This is something I wanted clarification on. I bought my PS3 almost a year ago. At the time, the options were 30G or 60G (If I'm not mistaken). I opted for the 60G. Now they've changed the options to 40/80. Correct?

Do the lesser versions (30G or 40G) have the Blue Ray capabilities? What are the main differences between the two?

~S

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0