Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Gun control on a more serious level

dutch08

Sep 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I never saw that Canadian Press Release, but the initial reports from local media outlets painted a clear picture of the police being in the right for shooting, with testimony from the Safeway workers etc.

Its a tough judgement call with media, the line where fact and individual influence comes into play but it clearly makes a huge impact on the masses as its our only outlet for information, and people hear what they want. Would this story have been different if it was a couple miles across the border, and the victim was black?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
None of these victims were armed, including the police officer in blue that was executed on the sidewalk. Thankfully, the actual execution of him as he tried to negotiate has been edited. Many police officers in France are not armed.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
None of these victims were armed, including the police officer in blue that was executed on the sidewalk. Thankfully, the actual execution of him as he tried to negotiate has been edited. Many police officers in France are not armed.

As an asside, why were they there? Were they stationed outside the building due to the bombing in 2011? And if so, why weren't they armed?

Or was it just hapenstance they were in the area when the gunmen arrived?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, I actually don't know if the guys (police) inside were armed, I assume they were as they were staged in the building as security due to previous pro-Islamic threats, which to me means the Gendarme had taken that threat seriously, as staging officers as guards at a newspaper office for a prolonged period of time is somewhat extraordinary. However, It looks to me that the officer (unarmed) that was executed on the street was just responding to the emergency situation.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Dude...as a hunter and responsible gun owner I can't for the life of me understand WTF goes through some peoples heads when it comes to fire arm. I have no issue with having a gun but for Gods sake treat it with the respect that it deserves. Lock the FCUKING thing up!!!!!!! Myt kids are grown up and moved out and mine are still in a safe Fcuk Me!!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard statistically the country with the highest registered gun per capita is Finland. Mandatory conscription, hunting, and respect for the weapon. I've been a couple of times for business, and not sure if there are many safer countries.

They get it.

Or, at least it seems so...I'd be interested to see what the stats say.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's one Wiki stat, but this is based on estimates of number of firearms owned, which I supose is the true number, not the nuber of firearms registered. This doesn't, however, include government issue firearms, which is a significant number in countries that have had mandatory service (Germany, Finland, I believe Switzerland)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reds- I've never been a hunter, and have shot firearms once in my life...like when I was in the 9th grade. I went to the range w/ a friend who's dad owned guns, and I shot a .22 and a 9 mm. It was cool, but not for me.

I respect responsible gun ownership. Keep 'em locked up, use in a responsible way. I don't respect the right to bear arms, as all that does is promote irresponsible gun ownership. Sure, when the Zombie Apocalypse comes, I'm fcuked, but I'm not too concerened, and I don't do things in my day-to-day life that should have someone packing come looking for me. So, when I see stories like this, I just shake my head at the stupidity that the whole lack of gun control issue has contributed to. Again, this was a rural home, in the middle of nowhere...why the fcuk do you think you need a loaded, unloacked gun ready and waiting, laying out amongst your everyday items? So stupid, so senseless. That little boy is going to be a headcase forever.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Totally agree, irresponsible gun owners make some people lump all gun owners together. Mine are for a specific purpose. I also don't hunt animals for sport, I only hunt what I like to eat. For other hunters out there, I don't disagree with sport hunting its just not my thing.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0