Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Has the VMSL Premier division gotten really bad??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys are taking things too seriously. Soccer is all about having fun. Relax, have some fun, and if you're fortunate enough to win along the way, then that's a bonus.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The question was put out there and that's my response. It's not all rainbows and butterflies all the time Cappy.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now if you are talking about div three you are corect. Max has fun does well and does noty care if he wins a game or not. Now if you are talking about premier, there is no fun. Nuber one club has to do well, nuber two community expects tuns, nuber three players want to win and do not want to be religated.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now if you are talking about div three you are corect. Max has fun does well and does noty care if he wins a game or not. Now if you are talking about premier, there is no fun. Nuber one club has to do well, nuber two community expects tuns, nuber three players want to win and do not want to be religated.

Base, based on this "logic" what's the point of playing then if you're on a losing team? I'm sure that Gomesy can attest to this?

I'd agree that training doesn't necessarily have to be fun, but your point about playing not being fun is absolutely backwards.

The dentist, doing your taxes, having your inlaws over are all prime examples of having no fun. Playing the beautiful game should always be enjoyed.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think a big problem with the development of soccer players nowadays is that everyone wants to be the next Cristiano Ronaldo. You look at the majority of young players coming up and they all do the fancy step overs and want to beat a guy one on one because it "looks awesome". Players are more concerned about how the look than how they play within a team.

As mentioned in previous posts, the focus is on individuality. I know a few players that have personal coaches and they get one on one training. What does that do for the player? I'll tell you...it makes him someone that can juggle the ball 100 or more times, and wow, that's really important in a game situation. And speaking of game situations, you put this player in the line up and he's totally lost. I'd rather have a player with limited skill but knowledge of the game over a highly skilled indivual player..

There's some truth in this - the biggest problem with the soccer academies/soccer schools is that the coaches of the academies don't teach strategy and tactics because they don't play games, except a once a year trip somewhere and the occasional friendly. The kids with the soccer schools play for club teams often coached by volunteer parents who aren't good coaches.
Where I depart from Gomesy is the impression he leaves with readers that our young players are skillful enough. Our Canadian U20 team just played the Swiss U19 team and we were outshot 11-5. After the game, the Swiss officials said that our players were more physical but lacking in skill.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PV, no offense but I never said or meant for my post to read that Canadian youth is skilled enough. We are talking VMSL Premier division and local players. Yes it takes skill to juggle a ball 100 times, but skill does not equal a good and/or effective soccer player. That's what I meant.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's the way Canadians bodies are built! Finness does not come easy here. Look in other sports Canada excells in ...for majority it's all about toughness and power. Europeans have finness. Yes we have individuals with it but that's it. When's the last time we ruled the world in ballet and pingpong?...probably never!

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's the way Canadians bodies are built! Finness does not come easy here. Look in other sports Canada excells in ...for majority it's all about toughness and power. Europeans have finness. Yes we have individuals with it but that's it. When's the last time we ruled the world in ballet and pingpong?...probably never!

Or won a spelling bee?:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought we have a pingpong player that is one of the best in the world from Richmond, take a look at the video, don't mess with this guy.

The problem is, he is tough and powerfull.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is a guy that sas that there is no finess here. There is tuns of players with finess here. The problem is there is no smart coaches in upper level to pick them out at u16 and develop them in to skill monsters. That is the only problem we have here. We have kids that do have it. We need Cats that need to bring them out. You will see a young team next year with ten of them on a same team. And same goes for keepers. We have emobile robats in upper levels. We need a cat or two in goal to play against Mexico and Handuris. It is all about selection. Most mistakes are made at U16.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since when are cats involved with a football match? FFS, I agreed and followed everything you have been saying over the last couple of months, until the cats. What gives?

Meow

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since when are cats involved with a football match? FFS, I agreed and followed everything you have been saying over the last couple of months, until the cats. What gives?

Meow

oh man try to keep up .... a cat is a player who is told to do a certain job on the field which he cant do and asks his coach ....me how ?

sorry :eek:

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is a guy that sas that there is no finess here. There is tuns of players with finess here. The problem is there is no smart coaches in upper level to pick them out at u16 and develop them in to skill monsters.

That's it i am firing Millar in the morning and hiring you Mr Base. You are obviously the answer to all the soccer problems in BC.

MR BASE FOR PRESIDENT

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers guys you are alright after all. Miller is doing a fine job up there. It is our top piramid shamefull and afull.But now since we have Mitchell Dasovic an Fanseca god help.
We might even see a Punjabi on a national team. And perhaps Didar as keeper coach.
And we even might see a Chineese youngster on our National side. Dasovic does not like
Croatians maybe Fanseca will help out. You just never know what twelve days of Christmas and a Pas Over will bring. We might have to bring Rhyan Giggs to win us a Cup of some kind. USA has Beks we have to do better.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well i think soccer on the west coast has gotten a lot weaker over the past 5 years. The hot bed of talent is coming from Alberta not to mention the many National Titles they have won from youth, senior and masters. The question is has the VMSL gotten really bad :the answer is YES just ask Victoria Gorge and FVSL teams. Maybe the answer is GETTING RIDE OF AZZI a dictatorship never works or try maybe playing your season at the same time as the rest of the COUNTRY

MERRY XMAS

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wao Larsson to hear that from you does not soud right. Azzi has done a good job. It is not his job to lift the level of soccer in VMSL. It is a Club system that develops. How can you develop if they will not let you put in a youth club along side the Premier team. Who the hell can teach the kids skill and ball movment at U21. It has to be done from U16 to U18. Never blame Azzi for bad doing. He just does the paper work and does dam good job. Fraser Valley clubs got long ways to go to play against premier sides. Victoria club gets to use all the select kids in their team. The reason there is no other strong Victoria sides. Where the fall is, is in a Youth board set up. They waste five years of developmentt on nothing. What the hell is silver three silver two and bronze. That is just a place for kids to kick the ball around. Select program has to grab hold of gold teams in each area same for silver and than it will get better. Rest can play house soccer and have fun. Just to let you know it is Bronze and Silver one parents that run the boards.
This is where things might get bit clearer for you. You can not build a player in Select soccer. You have to develop a player in gold and move him or her up or down. Till we do that our top end teams will suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0