Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Has the VMSL Premier division gotten really bad??

Status
Not open for further replies.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr.Base ur on the right track with silver parents running boards we have thta problem here in calgary but as for Azzi it is his job to make his league represent bc at nationals and win . He has not done a good job at all wake up you obviously have been brain washed..this is VMSL not youth clubs stay on topic

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Larsson you know how hard is to win Nationals. If you have few guys heart,it is almost imposible.
Heart you mean HURT well our team does not have that problem cause we are not watered down like the vmsl and have deep squads hmmmm maybe instead of having so many leagues have 1 major league :

2 island teams
4 vancouver teams
2 fraser valley teams
2 okanagan teams

or something like that and PLAY IT IN THE SUMMER like everyone else in the country

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually Larson is right,,The VMSL is not as strong as it was because lots of guys are playing in other leagues now,spreading out the talent. But thats because most guys would rather play and start than sit and wait for time to play. I also agree thats why so many other places have stronger premier teams. They dont have as many leagues and teams to play for so you get the deeper bench. The strongest Premier teams out here are the teams wiyh the most loyal guys. Creating a deeper bench so when injuries,work,holidays or illnesses hit a team they are less effected. You hear it on here all the time,"we were missing players" yet the team never played short. What they were saying is "we were missing some of our starting 11 guys". Every starting 11 team in the VMSL is good enough to play Premier. Its whats behind the starting 11 that is in question. Only the teams with the deep bench are the teams you see at the top of the table. It also explains why a bottom team can upset a top team at any time,,Because you never know who will be showing up. Dedication and loyalty is whats in question with Premier out here. Not the Talent. Most guys bounce around the league from team to team so much it makes the refs dizzy.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also I agree if we played in the summer we would do better at the National Level.
The PCSL is a great league and rivals any Premier league here. Alot of guys play both. But again loyalty comes into effect again. Where they go after the summer and winter creates just that,,guys get use to jumping around the parks from teams to team. Now they have to deside which team they will play for cause the PCSL also has the right to send a team,(and more to come)to the Provincials. So wheres the loyalty there. You help get your team to the Provincials and then leave to go to another contender..Stupid.
BC Soccer is working on that as we speek. But until they come up with a plan like all playing in the summer,,The loyalty thing will just keep holding back BC in the Nationals.
We are doing it to ourselves...Oh and one more point..Alot of great soccer players,Mostly ethnic,Dont play in the winter,,its to cold and wet and did i mention frickin cold. We are loseing out on a huge talent pool cause of our winter league..Dont underestimate the guys who hate winter soccer from warmer climates,,Some will say they are pussies,,well ,I'll take a pussy over a hockey player anytime.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ghouse you are correct that is why i post on here to stir it up cause deep down i am still a vancouverite who blossomed playing VMSL. I just was able to see the big picture when i moved to Calgary and noticed the hatred towards BC cause from there point of view BC think they are the best when in fact they have the most problems and can't get there shite togther. You can still have a winter league like we have a winter indoor league and provincials just no nationlas for indoor. So you can have to league seasons with one of them counting towards nationals....i think i am helping way too much....can't believe they have not done this yet!

By the way we are looking good for a 3 peat

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will another team ever win nationals from Calgary?
I would assume not as the Callies are like an allstar team aren't they?

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
well actually when we did not make the 2005 nationals which was held in calgary alberta came 2nd and 3rd...so to your question i would say any team coming out of Alberta should be considered odds on favourites to win...

Example: Calgary Callies 1-0 Calgary Villians provincial final 2007
Calgary Callies 5-0 ClanBus ational Final 2007

Calgary Callies 1-0 pk's Edmonton Green and Gold Prov. Final 2008
Calgary Callies 3-1 Quebec National Final 2008

Do you get the idea tougher opponents in Alberta especially when it comes to BC

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You didn't make it and still came 2nd and 3rd? Man, you guys are good.

You didn't answer the question though.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
well actually when we did not make the 2005 nationals which was held in calgary alberta came 2nd and 3rd...so to your question i would say any team coming out of Alberta should be considered odds on favourites to win...

Example: Calgary Callies 1-0 Calgary Villians provincial final 2007
Calgary Callies 5-0 ClanBus ational Final 2007

Calgary Callies 1-0 pk's Edmonton Green and Gold Prov. Final 2008
Calgary Callies 3-1 Quebec National Final 2008

Do you get the idea tougher opponents in Alberta especially when it comes to BC

KNOB re read it again man a little snow and you guys become so stupid

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right! I mean you had so much going for you here didn't you?? What with the court cases etc......

:bronco:

Tuna said:
and at least we have snow as any excuse. you were just born that way my man.

Classy bunch of BC guys that are basically jealous.. it must be depressing when it rains and is cloudy all the time .. i can see why that would affect your state of minds muppets. Man it is nice to be in the lowermainland for the holidays!

Tuna let's not get personal of all the stupid things u have done in the past!

Bronco ya serb your right u have never done anything wrong! What do u do for work?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Larsson i like the way you post. Do you think Branco would post with Croatian Soccer Club amblem if he was a Serb? Even though they are brothers. Balkan Boys always fight and right poems about it. Just like Irish. VMSL is getting better slowley.As soon as Burnaby Vancouver Surrey and the rest of clubs sord out youth program and add gold and silver to development it will get mutch better. Move has started with Whitcaps development. It is just matter of time. They have to wead out bad apples and send them to house soccer.

kaapie

Dec 2, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's OK to battle on the field. But after the game we're all just footy pals.
My opinion is not the same with youth as yours. Let them play youth as long as they can. It all seems so important at that stage and mens will be a humbling experience for most of them. We should fix u21 or scrap it. I think youth coaches have not thought it through. They are mostly self serving ego driven selfish arseholes that don't yet know there players have already failed because they are still playing this sport in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0