Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Have You Heard Jack?

Do you like JACK FM?

• Yes, I know JACK and love it!

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • No, I think it's a pile of JACK S**T

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Don't Care, I'm staying with the light sounds of QM FM

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is a new radio station out now. Called Jack FM (CKKS). It used to be 97 KISS FM but the format has changed.

It's a good mixture Classic music from the 80's and 90's mostly. But they play everything.

Honeymoon Suite, Tom Petty, AC/DC, Foreigner, Dishwalla, Old Madonna, Doobie Brothers, Van Halen, Everything!

I just listed some of the last few groups I've heard. Quite a wide range of music.

Let me know what you think.

JACK FM

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any station that I hear for the very first time and is playing Van Halen immediately becomes my fav! :D

Thanks for the link Yoda!

~Regs.

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver needed a new station

Fcuk'n AWESOME :wa: !!

Finally a station with variety. The vast majority of tunes are great (nostalgic) and although I don't care for the odd tune the variety and sparsity of commercials (for how long?) MORE than compensate.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOVE THE NAME...

Can't wait to hear it:wa:

I will predict, like all new stations in Van...they'll pull you in with sweet music, less talk, throw in DJ's that have fake American wannabe accents, add in crazy sponsorship, stupid morning show prank calls and overkill the commercials.:rolleyes:

I'm there if it's VAN HALEN , but if it's anything like the only fricken English station here, they'll be playing good ol' Hall & Oats over and over and over and over:mad:

+SCregswhat"supdude:confused:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
although I don't care for the odd tune
You mean any song from the 90's that isn't from Collective Soul?

If I can pull myself away from talk radio, I might have to give this a try.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Doobie Brothers

Originally posted by Keeper
I've listened to this station before: it's called CFMI. :rolleyes:

Keeper,

Your first post was at 8:27AM (said you'd give it a try)

Then a whopping 19 minutes later at 8:46 you said you didn't like it.

At least you gave it a chance:rolleyes:

You must have heard a huge set of 5 maybe even 6 songs to come to your conclusion.

It's nice to see Kerry Marshall get another gig after the cutbacks at the FOX where he got canned.

PS: Anything that sounds like CFMI without Bro Jake is great in my books.

yodathinksbrojakeisamoronwithanafro.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to Bad, and Kerry Marshel as the Morning Host

Originally posted by Yoda
It's a good mixture Classic music from the 80's and 90's mostly. But they play everything.

The Format is called "Bob" for some reason. It was tried a few years ago back east in Winterpeg and it was a huge success, it is one of the top stations there now.

Not bad, Rock 101 could be in trouble with the new compitition, but they have a lots of listeners still.

I am starting to get sick of Bro Jake.

HOS

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC, they've got it online. Currently have it pumped in the pc room to drown out the fcuking Korean music. Gets a thumbs up from this part of Asia.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
can't hear it...

over the fricken Depth Fantasia or Diablo, Death and Distruction... I guess that's what you get for your 40 cents in this cafe:rolleyes:

+SCwaitingtogetonlineforever:knvb:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sucks...

OK, Yoda I've given Jack as many chances to entertain me as I've given you... You've both failed.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh well

There is only one of the two who actually cares if you are listening to them.

I'll give you a hint, their the ones playing music.

Actually, they don't care what you think either. They play what they want not what you want.

:D

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dont be so naive ...

Originally posted by Yoda
They play what they want not what you want.:D

They play what YOU and the rest of the retro junkies in this thread want. They play whatever keeps YOU listening and the advertisers paying the bills, which in this case seems to be "Honeymoon Suite, Tom Petty, AC/DC, Foreigner, Dishwalla, Old Madonna, Doobie Brothers, Van Halen"

Even if one granted that some of these bands were worthwhile "in their day", I certainly can't imagine listening to the same old never changing shite every single day of my life.

It's a bit like the 55 year old truck driver sittin in the local coffee shop with his big dark side burns, combing his jet black greasey ducktailed hair style while telling everyone who'll listen that "Elvis is still the king" and how he just doesnt understand all this crazy loud stuff that the kids are listening to today.

I can only assume that the people who listen to radio like this also shun new releases on Movie nights. Forgoing the likes of the latest Guy Richie movie in favour of Caddyshack, Hot Dog, and The Breakfast Club (on Beta of course).

I'm sorry, but if I wanted to listen to music like this, I'd sooner listen to one of the hundreds of homemade mixed tapes that I've archived in my storage unit right next to my acid washed jeans :rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slow Down Willy

First of all, if you have listened to the station you would have noticed that there tag line is "We play what we want". It was just a referal to that not that I believed that it was what was actually taking place there. Obviously radio stations play whatever get's people to listen to their stations.

Second, I didn't say that this is the best station out there right now and that you should all listen to it. I just started a simple poll to see who liked it and who didn't. Sheer curiosity was all and to see what people thought. If you don't like it fine, just say you don't like it. Just because you follow every new trend of movies and music that are currently popular doesn't mean everyone else has to jump on the wagon with you. I guess if something isn't current news or a best seller, it's no good to you.
If that's your bag then fine. I personally enjoy some blasts from the past every once in a while, but I still do enjoy the new stuff too.

Third, I do shun opening night movies. Not because I think it's stupid, but because it's a ****ing rip off. I don't need to spend $15 and stand in line an hour before the show just so I can say that I saw it on opening night. In case you didn't know, the movie is the same whether it's the first day or the second day or 2 months later. THE MOVIE DOESN'T CHANGE!!!

Fourthly, when me and my wife Thelma Lou stop at the coffee shop after the long haul, I like my Elvis on the Jukebox too. And as for the acid wash jeans, my potbelly grew too big for those jeans a long time ago. I stick to All black orange tab Levi's now. They have the strongest belt loops for my beltbuckle that says Keep on Truckin!, my key ring clip, and my switchblade.

Finally, what's wrong with Caddyshack, Hot Dog, and Breakfast club? They are great on VHS! The picture is Phenomenal
:rolleyes:

Just go back to watching The Idependant Film Channel and leave us retro freaks be.

:rolleyes:

one of the idiots indeed.

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah! What Yoda said.

I'm also kinda partial to old Burt Reynolds classics such as Smokie and the Bandit or Gator!!:D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have you had the chance to watch your "They Call Me Trinity" DVD lately? :rolleyes:

Agreeing with one of the Idiots,
K.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JACK sucks.

The absolute height of mediocrity.

Music is much like film. It doesn't change either.

It was shite then and it's still shite.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Keeper
Have you had the chance to watch your "They Call Me Trinity" DVD lately? :rolleyes:

You can get that on DVD now?

Awesome!

yodaonhiswaytothebetabarntogetitrightnow

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0