Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Have You Heard Jack?

Do you like JACK FM?

• Yes, I know JACK and love it!

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • No, I think it's a pile of JACK S**T

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Don't Care, I'm staying with the light sounds of QM FM

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Jinky

Music is much like film. It doesn't change either.

It was shite then and it's still shite.

It's OK Jinky, they'll start up a Heavy Metal station for you soon.
I know you have a place in your heart for Motorhead, Judas Priest, Pantera, and Slayer.

:)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Way ahead of ya!

Originally posted by Keeper
Give Number2 a PM and maybe he'll invite you over.

We are going to meet for cheap night at the movies and see that new movie Castaway. I hear it's great!

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
gang-bang.........

Speaking of the height of mediocrity..... Number 2, Yoda, and keeper knocking about regaling one another with their unprecedented wit and catholic knowledge of all things drab and characterless is one that should really be considered for a new mocumentary 'day in the life' sitcom.

Yoda, as ever, managed to completely miss the point of Willy's post yet his 'smug' rebuttal would indicate his sense of overwhelming vindication and preening delusion of his piss-taking superiority. Um, no. In previous posts, absorbing adjectives like 'good' and even, wait for it, 'great' were used by Yoda to describe the cess-pool of inadequacy that is yet another Vancouver radio station with an interest in middle-of-the-road ejaculate. When faced with Willy's opinion, and it was opinions, presumably that Yoda was after when pleading
Let me know what you think
in his first post, the display of breathless back-tracking with stellar work like,
I didn't say that this is the best station out there right now and that you should all listen to it
was unnervingly formidable. Insecure much, mate?

Given the fact two people have gently suggested that JACK FM is not their proverbial banana hammock, I suspect what Yoda really meant to say was, 'Isn't it 'great' that Vancouver has a radio station I like whose songs remind me of long lonely hours sat alone in my room as a child?'

To be even deemed worthy of one of Willy's exalted and all-too-rare posts (early tip for top poster of 2003....see the Captain for updated odds), Yoda should be grateful. To have Jinky in here as well Yoda should start his pilgrimmage as this is as close to a TTP Mecca as he's ever likely to get. To offend them both with such weak engagements is, frankly, inexcusable and worthy of TTP treason. Were a handful of posters to up sticks and leave as a result of such bland banality, TTP will be left to the grey, dour, pen-pushers who have no conception of how to deal with talent or intellect. Such posters are scarcely human, they're tragic and mythical creatures, half-man and half-desk. If you're not careful Yoda'll turn into DudeI'vesatonmyelbowagain.

To be fair, and one should always try to be fair, I do agree with one Yoda comment. Willy is an idiot. Well spotted.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Frasier

A simple poll gone awry.
:rolleyes:
Fasty,
Please put down your Brandy Snifter, put out your pipe, and take off your smoking jacket, and sit down.

I was only hoping for opinions on the radio station not his stereotype of who would listen to such music, as he talked about in paragraph's 3 and 4. He could have done with a 4 liner like Jinky quite easily and still thrown in his 4 and 5 syllable words so we would know how smart he was. Nobody else had a problem just saying they did or didn't like it.

I have never pretended to be an intellectual (or superior piss taker) and never will, but It's a ****ing radio station not a Tolstoy novel!
What higher level of intelligence is needed to say whether you like a radio station or not!
If the station is "inadequate" as you say or even just plain aweful then why does it require a 5 paragraph reply? A gentle suggestion of dislike that is not.

If you want to take a break from the BigWords WTF thread and join us peons here thats "great" (put own 5 syllable synonym here).

If you guys are battling to win the intellectual post of 2003 on TTP then go right ahead. I don't doubt intellects such as yourself will have many posts here to will rival for the best of the year but simply put, it's a poll about a radio station.

I'm glad they made an effort to respond in this thread since it doesn't carry a topic of wit and wisdom they prefer, although looking to gain everyone's praises here on TTP for what I've said is not why I'm here.

PS: I appreciate that such brilliant and clever people as you are still here to keep TTP the scholarly site that it is.

I guess that's the last time I'll ask someone for their opinion on something.

:rolleyes:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess that's the last time I'll ask someone for their opinion on something.

If you are not prepared to have the piss taken out of you then perhaps it should be the last.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Jinky

If you are not prepared to have the piss taken out of you then perhaps it should be the last.
What? Did I miss something here? Where was the piss taken outta Yoda?

~Regs.

PS. Since when was U2 considered mediocre shite?

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since Unforgetable Fire.

Fastshow took the piss out of Yoda in his last post in this thread.

You might have missed that I guess.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should have known

If I had read the description under the Music thread :

"Top Tunes, Top Videos, MP3s, Clubbing and anything else to do with music. Except Adam Curry and Kim-Clarke Champniss... they were annoying back then and bringing them up now would only cause much anguish and soul-searching..."

I would have known that this is no place for music from the past, only the present and future.
:)

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some days I dunno why I fcuking bother........

First off, I don't consider myself an intellectual whatsoever. Again, insecure much? I'll leave the intellectual side of things to Saint and his ghost-writing, far more attractive partner.

Please put down your Brandy Snifter, put out your pipe, and take off your smoking jacket, and sit down.

Interesting that your perception of me is such. Says more about you than me, really. Unlucky. I fcuking hate brandy. And Monica, for that matter.

Have some rhetoric; why is a stereotype a stereotype?

Why do you imagine your poll has gone awry? Has it gone awry because we're not all singing kum-bah-ya and strolling up West 4th in our Birkenstocks on our way to a soap-dodger's folk festival in a tent on Jericho? Fcuk's sake, mate. Your poll is 'fine' and, allow me to point this out to you gently, this thread is more interesting because of Wily's post and your emotional response to it. I'd hate to suffer from monthly periods and yours sounded like a particularly bad one. I hope the painters and decorators have, by now, left you for another month.

This is the section of TTP for all music. Even the shite you listen to. It's also the section for music on a website called take the piss. Maybe one day you'll have an epiphany. In the meantime, I'll wait here.

It has to be said that most of the posts on TTP of late are so wretched that you could randomly generate funnier material by force-feeding alphabet soup to bulimics and waiting for them to throw up on the carpet.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goodness me ...

Serves me right for posting and then fcuking off for 3 days. What a laugher.

Yoda, you've completely lost the plot mate. If you remove that chip on your seemingly insecure shoulder for a moment you might be able to see past your own inadequacies and realize that I posted my thoughts regarding JACK. Criticizing TTPers for the manner in which they express their opinions is likely not a precedent anyone would. See Fastshow’s posts for more.

I disclosed my dislike for the station and chose to take the opportunity to digress slightly into the uncharted waters of wit and humour. I was completely unaware of the new paragraph limit levied by moderators. My apologies for failing you. In future, when you start a thread (presumably intended to spark debate) I'll be sure to button my lip and steer clear so as not to cause any undue controversy and/or dialogue.

I thought better of you.

Willy McOpinionless

ps – I made no reference to “Opening night” for movies. Perhaps a re-read is in order.

Norwegian Nightmare, "indeed", with an emphasis on Nightmare:
rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers

Thanks guys. It's been "fun" and "great"!
You made this thread entertaining. Well, for me at least.

Please don't forget to vote.
:D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0