Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How will HPL affect Gold/Silver levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base - North Fraser doesn't have HPL.

If those players are as good as you say - contact their coach and encourage them to have the boys tryout for an HPL team in January or whenever the nexst opportunity is.

But yes, it's nice to see kids get a chance at a higher level.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
My bad should have looked the names. I do know Chris is there and he will get them in soon.
Just do not go to Burnaby North. Offside not given.
He just missed I 5 by one. O well all in good fun. Ranger always works. I am looking for two forwards for U15. Any good kids that do not play sand them our way. Yellow and black is easy to see.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
How is North Fraser going to get BCSPL soon? Can't see the league expanding and I doubt anyone is going to give up their spot...people are calling for CCB/SFC to get a spot, and now you also want to add NFS to make a ten team league? The purpose was to contract to then bring up the level of play .... going to 10 teams would be no different than metro was....

Sorry, unless some teams withdraw from BCSPL I don't see any changes for years to come. These clubs that want in should be working to support BCSPL not go against it. If they think going against it will increase their chances of getting in.....I wouldn't count on that being a good strategy.

A

AMA

"It would greatly help all the teams/players in those groups." AMA.

You speak for all those groups? You've watched them play? You are aware of the minutae of details that can affect scores for each team?

If you wish for the board of District 5 to take notice if your recommendations you may wish to attend a District 5 board meeting - I suggest contacting your club for further details. You may also wish to attempt to join the board. I would be quite surprised if many, if any, of the board members read this message board.

Yes, some movement is surely appropriate.

Looking at your post closer why do you have teams dropping two divisions or moving up 2 divisions? I wonder if you are also aware that 1A and 1B are not meant to be "equal" but rather that 1A would be higher so on and so forth down through the ranks.

The reason I wonder if you recognize this is because you suggest a team from Div4A moves all the way up to Division 2.

You also have to remember, these are mostly rec leagues. Division 1 in District 5 at age u13+ is what used to be referred to as silver. So division 4 is very much a house league. I realize there are some serious silver teams out there who train hard and have ambition.

I put alot of thought before suggesting those changes. I,m sure that many of the teams on the receiving end of big scorelines would greatly appreciate it if some changes were made .
I definitely stand by the changes i suggested for the better development of these young players.
All young players should enjoy playing soccer and playing at their appropriate level would greatly enhance their enjoyment.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not suggesting teams don't change. Moreso, I am suggesting "don't post here - approach the board directly." You'll make no changes by posting here.

But again, I ask, "have you seen these teams play"?? I wouldn't go ahead and relegate a team 2 divisions or promote a team 2 divisions based on scores on a web site....

I have no doubt there is a pretty big difference between Div 2 and Div 4!

Perfectofc

Jun 30, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently there is to be a meeting on Wednesday to discuss the movement of teams... word is that they are only going to move teams where the scores are really bad.

So, I took a quick look at the U13's as you did AMA, and here's what I think should happen :

From D1B to D2 - Poco Rangers or Port Moody Selects
From D2 to D1B - CCB Tigers
From D2 to D3B - Port Moody Impact
From D3B to D2 - SFC Allstars
From D3B to D4A - Port Moody Predators
From D4A to D3B - SFC Goldenboots

What I think has happened here is CCB & SFC have underrated their teams, and Port Moody & Poco have overrated theirs. Nothing new there then, right?

A

AMA

DIV 1A -DOWN T0 DIV 2 - CMF CLASH, GAC JAGUARS
DIV 1B - DOWN TO DIV 2-PMO 99SELECTS,NCU FUSION,PCO RANGERS
Both of the above groups should then have crossover games .

DIV 2-UPTO 1B/1A - CCB TIGERS, SUS LIONS.
DIV 2-DOWN TO 3A -PMO IMPACT , NDU ROYALS

DIV 3B-UPTO DIV 2 - SFC,ALLSTARS,CCB TIGERS
UPTO 3A -SUS PREDATORS,PIT DRAGONS

DIV4A- UPTO 3A or 2- SFC GOLDENBOOTS
UPTO 3A -PIT RANGERS

The above changes would help to balance out the divisions and ensure evenly matched games.
Further changes could be made if necessary in Dec. Please pass the above changes onto your clubs and leage members etc.[/QUOTE]

Here,s just some more stats to enforce why the leage needs to take responsibility and move teams up down asap:

DIV 1B - bottom 2 teams CONCEDED 53 GOALS

DIV 2-CCB TIGERS scored 39 goals conceded 6

DIV 3B-Top 3 teams - sfc allstars,sus predators,ccb tigers SCORED 95 GOALS
CONCEDED 6 GOALS

DIV 3B-Bottom 3 teams - CONCEDED 85 GOALS
SCORED 4 GOALS

DIV 4A- SFC GOLDENBOOTS SCORED 38 GOALS
CONCEDED 0 GOALS

Any coach,s from dist 5 U13 Boys groups should contact their clubs and the leage and make strong complaints to ensure action is taken to get changes made .
The coach,s of the teams running up big scores should take responsibility as they have placed their teams at low levels just to win games .

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't go about assuming why teams were placed at which level - I doubt it was each individual coach telling their club "we are division 3A!" especially since no one really knew what each level would be like - except u12, metro, and BCSPL.

Perfectofc

Jun 30, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
At my club the decision to put clubs in Gold/Silver/Bronze was based on 'gut feel' of the coaches, the TD, and the staff coaches - and sure those things can and will be wrong but what everyone wants to avoid is teams getting regularly pounded by 8-9 goals. Nobody was saying "Yeah, your team will walk through Bronze and win lots of games so let's put you there."

I would be willing to wager that the District 5 U13 division looks more like what I posted than what you are proposing, AMA. Your changes are rather sweeping and some are without reason. D2 NDU Royals, for example. Here are their scores for the season so far :

2-0 loss to GEU Wolves (7th place of 12)
5-1 loss to CCB Tigers (1st place and destined to be moved)
4-1 loss to Ladner (6th place)
2-0 loss to Chilliwack (8th place)
1-0 loss to Abbotsford (4th place)

For that you think they should be relegated to Bronze? There are lots of examples of teams that have been competitive but losing close games that you are advocating to relegate - or on the other side of the coin, teams that have won close games that you are advocating to promote.

I disagree with that and I think based on the messaging that I received that these decisions won't simply be based on wins and losses.

Anxious to see what was decided, at any rate.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
At my club the decision to put clubs in Gold/Silver/Bronze was based on 'gut feel' of the coaches, the TD, and the staff coaches - and sure those things can and will be wrong but what everyone wants to avoid is teams getting regularly pounded by 8-9 goals. Nobody was saying "Yeah, your team will walk through Bronze and win lots of games so let's put you there."

I would be willing to wager that the District 5 U13 division looks more like what I posted than what you are proposing, AMA. Your changes are rather sweeping and some are without reason. D2 NDU Royals, for example. Here are their scores for the season so far :

2-0 loss to GEU Wolves (7th place of 12)
5-1 loss to CCB Tigers (1st place and destined to be moved)
4-1 loss to Ladner (6th place)
2-0 loss to Chilliwack (8th place)
1-0 loss to Abbotsford (4th place)

For that you think they should be relegated to Bronze? There are lots of examples of teams that have been competitive but losing close games that you are advocating to relegate - or on the other side of the coin, teams that have won close games that you are advocating to promote.

I disagree with that and I think based on the messaging that I received that these decisions won't simply be based on wins and losses.

Perfectofc, I think you made the most valid comment when you stated that your technical director, staff coaches and coaches substantiate the decisions to place teams.

I have been saying this for years. The technical directors must make the final decision with input from those vested of course. Ultimately it will be their reputation on the line. The standing and results can be so misleading as the example you presented. The administrators should stay out of the technical aspects, within reason of course. There are some very good administrators with a strong technical background that can help expedite matters and they should not be ignored.

If a TD wants to throw a team into a higher division because he/she is relenting to the parental pressures, or his/her ego wants club representation at the higher level, so be it! Let the pieces fall where they may. Luckily, the vast majority of TD's are not of that mind-set and will not risk their reputation to do so.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd be surprised if every TD wasn't a part of the team placement process....it's been my experience the TD's are....

Agreed - just because a team is losing doesn't mean you drop them. If the games are close in score or even if not close in score but are competitive there is no reason to drop them "in the name of getting a few wins at a lower level" unless it is the overwhelming request of the parents and players to drop a level....

I've seen plenty of teams finish bottom for a few years and then "figure it out" and be competitive or even win leagues after those difficult years.

A

AMA

At my club the decision to put clubs in Gold/Silver/Bronze was based on 'gut feel' of the coaches, the TD, and the staff coaches - and sure those things can and will be wrong but what everyone wants to avoid is teams getting regularly pounded by 8-9 goals.

I would be willing to wager that the District 5 U13 division looks more like what I posted than what you are proposing, AMA. Your changes are rather sweeping and some are without reason.

Perfecto we are agreed that changes are needed for the sake of the kids to ensure more evenly matched games and that it should be done asap-hopefully some changes will have been made at the meeting that was supposed to happen last night and the dist 5 leage should monitor and make more changes towards the end of the year.
Maybe some of my suggestions were sweeping and probably just moving the stronger teams up would even out the divisions without having to move any teams down.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess this is from that meeting you speak of last night:

Important info for 5 District Div. 1 to 4 teams

There was an early re-structuring of the league to maintain healthy competition among the divisions, teams must keep a close eye on the schedule as there may be updates for this weekends upcoming games. Teams that were moved will keep their points.

Due to the new league structure for the 2011/12 season the Conference Cup will no longer continue, there will now be a round robin tournament for all teams to participate in. There will be smaller groupings based on their standings in league play, 2 teams from each group will receive medals from the 5 District League.

All make up games must be completed before Jan. 1, 2012.

between the pipes

Aug 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks the mighty dream team in U16 boys , the mountain team with 11BC players on it, got beat by the Fusion squad.!!! From what I hear it could of

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perfect....league play ends but in Jan-March it is cup play. Not sure exactly the make-up of the Cup but there is district cup, and league cups. The league cups apparently will be round robin and you'll play "like" teams...???

I would think next year it will be clearer as teams have better understanding of the levels of play.

B/W Pipes - I imagine no teams will go undefeated in BCPL!

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So far I really enjoy watching the BCPL games. Way better than metro was. 18 quality players on the team. I hope that they are successful with this program and keep finding ways to improve and move soccer forward.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
^Agreed - 22 good players on the field yesterday at the u17 game I attended. Combative. The style of play needs a lot of work from both teams, but the onus on that has to be with the current u9-u14's (and the younger ones coming through).

A

AMA

I guess this is from that meeting you speak of last night:

Important info for 5 District Div. 1 to 4 teams

There was an early re-structuring of the league to maintain healthy competition among the divisions, teams must keep a close eye on the schedule as there may be updates for this weekends upcoming games. Teams that were moved will keep their points.

Due to the new league structure for the 2011/12 season the Conference Cup will no longer continue, there will now be a round robin tournament for all teams to participate in. There will be smaller groupings based on their standings in league play, 2 teams from each group will receive medals from the 5 District League.

All make up games must be completed before Jan. 1, 2012.

Hopefully there will have been better match ups over the weekend with the changes made in dist 5 U13 last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0