Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How will HPL affect Gold/Silver levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outwest

Apr 11, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think going to a district based tier 2 is a mistake. Most of the players at tier 2 are current gold players and it would much less disruptive to sprinkle the Metro players that aren't HPL-bound into the existing club-based gold teams rather than the artificially created district teams. It will further weaken the clubs by taking both Metro and Gold players out of the registration pool. Especially for the girls this will weaken the social/team dynamic for the not-quite-elite player pool by breaking up club teams.

krutov

Dec 14, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Krutov, there is no way that the forming of HPL should result in any Gold / Silver team playing at the "wrong" level. At the end of the day, there will be various levels that gradually have less talent and are less competitive. Any given team simply needs to figure out where they belong. Don't worry about what they call it. I too coach a Gold 2 girls team and we also have had some success against Gold 1 teams. I know what teams we are competitive with and after our tyouts I will see whether my team is better or worse than this year and then I will contact the coaches of the teams that have been similar calibre to us and find out what their relative strength is and what division they will be playing in. Whether that be "Tier 2", "Gold" or "Silver" doesn't matter. We'll be a team of a certain calibre and will get into a league with similar calibre teams.

Baldy while I agree with you on how it should work and how teams are placed, I do not think will work in my case if Chilliwack does not get one of the "District" teams. In this case if 2 teams are awarded to the Valley and the teams are based out of Abby and Langley(for an example) I doubt many families will commute from Chilliwack to play Tier2 and likewise if Chilliwack is awarded a team it is doubtful Langley girls will come to Chilliwack. I know this has no bearing on almost all of you that live closer to the core of Vancouver, I am just raising a point/scenario.

I only raise this because the same scenario will come up for strong club teams from anywhere that wish to stay together and the commutes are too long to play tier2. The way I see this playing out is you may end up having a few incredibly strong team in Tier3 that ruin it for the many hundreds of kids at this level that were in previous seasons competitive.

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
What will be the next level after HPL U13 Boys IN 2011 ?
HPL 2 or Gold 1 ?

Will there still be a Metro leage at U13 or is it being scrapped.

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
HPL and Gold will have different calendars. HPL spring to fall and Gold Fall to spring. Very little overlap. Also there is discussion of the best Gold teams joining with the remaining metro teams (maybe). Those Gold/Metro teams might be able to play a cup competition and the winner or finalists will then be able to have a playoff with the 7th or 8th place HPL teams to get into the A Cup.

Just an update please because many people still believe that starting from 2011 its gonna be in this order:
HPL
METRO
GOLD 1
GOLD 2
SILVER
BRONZE

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just an update please because many people still believe that starting from 2011 its gonna be in this order:
HPL
METRO
GOLD 1
GOLD 2
SILVER
BRONZE

Well what will the levels be then for u13 and u14 boys. Will there be Metro in u14 or will it be called Gold 1 ?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gordie if you ask me if Metro or tier two should start at U13. I say yes. Just think how much better will our kids get playing against other top clubs. Some teams in gold U13 have won 15 games straight. That's not going to happen in Select program.

lll

Feb 24, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
What difference does it make what you call it, all they're doing is condensing the talent pool, doing away with boundaries changing the time of year they play. When metro was brought in it was the same theory and obviously that hasn't worked to their liking. Condensing the talent pool will always produce better teams but that doesn't always mean better players will be developed. I think they should have more teams/kids playing at the highest level, especially at the lower ages to give more kids the opportunity to play with better players and possibly get better coaching.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
When metro was brought in and there were 6-8 teams it actually worked very very well. The talent level was excellent and well distributed. It was when they expanded to 10-12 teams it all went to hell. Top level here can't exceed 8 for the time being.

At the lower ages, u13 for example, ya, a larger group of teams would be appropriate at the top level.

What was decided last night? That it would be HPL-Metro-Gold 1 etc etc.....they won't merge Gold 1 and Metro?? If not, where are all the metro teams going to come from as a lot will have moved to HPL.

RDM

Sep 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
HPL
METRO
GOLD 1
GOLD 2
SILVER
BRONZE

This is straight from the top

HPL
Metro/Selects U13 incl.
ect

No gold silver ect.Just numbers

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks , How many teams will be in the Metro/Selects U13 ?

If they continue to operate the way they have in the past...then anyone who declares themselves Metro will get a team...so you could have 17 one year and 6 the next.

Let's hope there has been some CLEAR standards set in this regard.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Make sense re: capping Tier 2 at 12 teams.

I suspect it will be called something like Rep 1, Rep 2 etc etc....?? As indicated by the NUMBERS above.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Went well girls and boys are one now. All they have to do is pick the board members. MSL will still run in the winter months. All you have do do know is post few names of kids that deserve to be asked out.
Wesburn U 16 S1 or Gold side has a fantastic set play player with top tatch on crosses and field ball movment. He truly deserves a try out in MLS. Lads name is Rodney. Fun to watch whan player can do things at high level. He is Philipino back grond. Plays one year up. He would be U16 comming season.(Metro Select League)

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base you seem to have identified about 10-11 players ready to step-up. No one on this message board is going to invite them to anything. The info is posted on web sites and in newspapers. If they want it they will seek it. If you know them, then provide them the info yourself.

Titen

Oct 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks , How many teams will be in the Metro/Selects U13 ?

16 from what I hear but there is also room the league exec to make exceptions which I think will have to happen at least at year 1. If you do an analysis of the different age groups there is a rarely scenario that works perfectly. After year 1 it would be a bit more cut and dry with the Selects/Metro that have moved down and the Gold having a track record against each other.

Titen

Oct 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Baldy while I agree with you on how it should work and how teams are placed, I do not think will work in my case if Chilliwack does not get one of the "District" teams. In this case if 2 teams are awarded to the Valley and the teams are based out of Abby and Langley(for an example) I doubt many families will commute from Chilliwack to play Tier2 and likewise if Chilliwack is awarded a team it is doubtful Langley girls will come to Chilliwack. I know this has no bearing on almost all of you that live closer to the core of Vancouver, I am just raising a point/scenario.

I only raise this because the same scenario will come up for strong club teams from anywhere that wish to stay together and the commutes are too long to play tier2. The way I see this playing out is you may end up having a few incredibly strong team in Tier3 that ruin it for the many hundreds of kids at this level that were in previous seasons competitive.

Krutov, we are in the same division as you - U15 Gold 2 but under ND and are 2 wins and 1 draw against Gold 1/Metro this year. U15 ND teams are in a worse scenio as there are 5 teams that could legitimately make a good arguement to be included in MSL. As such, the three that are left out will be likely in BCCGSL Div 1, while two of the five other districts would be hard pressed to field a second MSL team of equal calibre to any of three left out of ND. Hopefully there is some flexibility or you are going see the likes of the bottom 5 from Gold 2 in MSL - not the desired outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0