Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HPL Merger Rumour - Abby & Central City

Status
Not open for further replies.

nap

Sep 8, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well at the end of the day this has opened up a few more opurtunities for kids to be exposed to BCSPL. The idea of BC Soccer in regards with BCSPL has been solely to get clubs working togther as we have seen in the case of Vancouver and Richmond and also Burnaby/ North Shore. A more competitive MFMFC BCSPL teams will only mean good news to the league itself.
SU and SF are still going to stay strong so I believe this is all in all a good thing

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well at the end of the day this has opened up a few more opurtunities for kids to be exposed to BCSPL. The idea of BC Soccer in regards with BCSPL has been solely to get clubs working togther as we have seen in the case of Vancouver and Richmond and also Burnaby/ North Shore. A more competitive MFMFC BCSPL teams will only mean good news to the league itself.
SU and SF are still going to stay strong so I believe this is all in all a good thing

Well said nap. It's all about the kids. Let's hope the kids that should be there get a chance and this merger works. All the best!

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

No argument there.
Who will be the TD for the franchise? Who will pick the TD and the coaches? Will the teams train and play in Abby or at NAP or Hjorth?
Since CCB is much larger than Abby, CCB has a legitimate argument that it shoudl have the final say.

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
No argument there.
Who will be the TD for the franchise? Who will pick the TD and the coaches? Will the teams train and play in Abby or at NAP or Hjorth?
Since CCB is much larger than Abby, CCB has a legitimate argument that it shoudl have the final say.

First off, this is Magnuson Ford Mariners, not Abby( remember, borderless soccer.....) and I do believe they were given original franchise rights. So one would expect the ball to be in their court for the time being with TD, etc etc. I would not have given it up.

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Their new training facilities will be based out of empire field ( neutral site ) and this keeps everyone happy....

parent

Mar 16, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where exactly is "empire field ( neutral site )"?

Is it within reasonable driving distance for all partner clubs incuding Chilliwack, Abbotsford, Aldergrove and Langley to prevent the apperance of a "Reverse-take-over" by the two new clubs ?

soccerdad

Jan 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said nap. It's all about the kids. Let's hope the kids that should be there get a chance and this merger works. All the best!

Based on the CCB kids alone, I hope it's a good thing. Some great kids there that I will be happy to see join the BCSPL one way or another.

FTR I don't like how CCB went about the whole thing since February, holding kids back, promoting club first rather than player etc but....if this is what it takes to get some of those kids in the program, it's good for those players...now.

nap

Sep 8, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer dad,

I dont know what your information source is as CCB has never tried to stop players from going to BCSPL. Atleast 50 players from the CCB/SFC clubs did curently played in the mini season. I wonder how many BCSPL clubs did try to sit down with CCB in order to find ways to promote player movement to BCSPL. I am glad that MFMFC did what they did and now the talent pool at NAP will be put to good test to see that if they can not only suceed at HPL but also stay strong at Metro aswell. Like they say Talk is Cheap and we will all now soon find out.........

Michele

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
For something of this importance to happen, decisions have to be made by all of the club's executive, so I'd say wait and see what happens over the coming few days.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The club (CCFC, anyhow) has prepared a joint press release w/ SFC and MFMFC. All the big names from the clubs are quoted. It appears the due diligence is all done, the "i"s dotted, and "t"s crossed.

For something of this importance to happen, decisions have to be made by all of the club's executive, so I'd say wait and see what happens over the coming few days.

This would have had to have taken place, and I'd guess (pure speculation here) that discussions on this matter initiated not long after the first of the BCPL franchises were awarded. I don't think there is any way that this deal could have just been easily cobbled together. The fact that it remained quiet is pretty impressive, though.

It's the duty of our executive to discuss and vote on issues, and carry forward the results of the votes, that are in the best interest of the membership. That's why we have a vote every year at the AGM. Weather we agree w/ the model of the BCPL or not, the fact is that it is there for the best of the elite class of players to further develop. If we here to develop players, we have to be supportive of the Executive for making this merger happen. If we are only there to run a house / recreational club, and have no goals of developing players and sending them onto better things, then that is a different story. I think it is clear that, amongst many of the stated goals and mission statements, the club (CCFC) is clearly in the player development "business".

I may not agree w/ everything the club does, or the way they do it, but we can't say they sit still. I think this type of merger had to happen, and I see it benefiting the players. I'm sure it has been a boatload of work by the Executive...

SOCCERMOM2

Nov 21, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just said all was quiet. That actually meant my contacts were avoiding me and that likely the rumour was true.....

And yes those girls teams will get completely over hauled IF the new players buy in. Told they will be addressing the CCB and SFC players starting today

As a parent from CCB I can tell you, Colin, that there are a great many who are NOT buying into this and CCB on some levels will not have the players to "offer" the Mariners as they originally thought that they would. SU and SF will likely have an influx of players from this club requesting to be evaluated for their BCSPL teams and not for CCB/Mariners' team. This of course will cause many more troubles within those clubs as they go about having to likely relocate many of their own players who will no longer "make the cut".

While the merger looks good on paper without a doubt, the club has indeed shot down HPL for the entire year and suddenly is all "for it" once again, ending many of the metro teams' seasons early in order to "fill" the HPL teams with their club players. Personally I feel as though they kept their strongest teams at the metro level in order to have a group of "poster children" to advertise and use to facilitate a merger that allowed them to be a majority stakeholder in the HPL franchise and indeed they have accomplished that.

I can assure you they have more questions than answers and the political stench has left many parents reeling. At the end of the day the kids want to play soccer and many that should have always been at the BCSPL level will now be playing at that level, in many cases, outside of the CCB/Mariners franchise and THAT is putting kids first - allowing them to play and be challenged at the level they always should have been playing at with or without the support the their "club" and THEY are the ones that step on that pitch and leave it all on the field and they can finally now, despite a year of politics, be put first. The way it always should have always been.

Kool_Beans

Jan 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great post Soccermom2. Our daughter's SF team has already been contacted by a number of CCB players looking for a tryout. Also talked to a MFMFC parent today and he had no clue about the merger. Best of luck to the parents and players as they scramble throughout this process.

Michele

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So the MFMFC parent knew nothing, the executive of the MFMFC and that parent have something in common, strong rumor has it that they were only told by the TD and GM very shortly before the announcement went out. So if that is correct, then the entire executive did not get the chance to discuss first.

parent

Mar 16, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am asking this question as a parent from outside Surrey/Delta. Is it reasonable to expect that there are that many CCB and SFC players currently playing Metro/Selects to "bump off" current SU and SF HPL players AND field a re-constituted MFM team?

I can now see why FUSION (Vancouver/Richmond) have already locked up their rosters.

SU and SF will likely have an influx of players from this club requesting to be evaluated for their BCSPL teams and not for CCB/Mariners' team. This of course will cause many more troubles within those clubs as they go about having to likely relocate many of their own players who will no longer "make the cut".

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
one would think that due diligence would involve obtaining league approval prior to issuing a press release...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0