Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup 2009

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The draw for the VMSL Imperial Cup is supposedly being done today.

Once the league has it posted, I'll update this post with the full draw.

In the meantime, make fun of all the potential Div 1 sides that opt out of the Imperial.

:D

Here's the Draw:

PRELIMINARY ROUND
Game 1: Lobbans FC vs Westside FC 'A'
Game 2: Norvan Eagles vs Sapperton Rovers
Game 3: Cliff Avenue United 'A' vs AFC Leopards

ROUND of 16
Game 4: West Van FC 'A' vs Winner of Game 1
Game 5: Winner of Game 2 vs Winner of Game 3
Game 6: Croatia SC vs Sporting Club 'A'
Game 7: ICSF Inter vs Serbian White Eagles
Game 8: Metro-Ford Wolves vs Punjab Hurricanes 'A'
Game 9: ICSF Pegasus vs Surrey United Firefighters
Game 10: Columbus-Clan FC vs Vancouver Olympics
Game 11: RCIU Legends 'A' vs Akal FC

QUARTERFINALS
Game 12: Winner of Game 4 vs Winner of Game 5
Game 13: Winner of Game 6 vs Winner of Game 7
Game 14: Winner of Game 8 vs Winner of Game 9
Game 15: Winner of Game 10 vs Winner of Game 11

SEMIFINALS
Game 16: Winner of Game 12 vs Winner of Game 13
Game 17: Winner of Game 14 vs Winner of Game 15

FINAL
Game 18: Winner of Game 16 vs Winner of Game 17

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Dunno.

Just remember seeing a notice last week or so stating the draws were taking place on the 31st.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
First post is now updated with the draw.

Peg vs Slurrey quarterfinal should be cracker.

West Van got a very favourable draw...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ROUND of 16
Game 4: West Van FC 'A' vs Winner of Game 1
Game 5: Winner of Game 2 vs Winner of Game 3
Game 6: Croatia SC vs Sporting Club 'A'
Game 7: ICSF Inter vs Serbian White Eagles
Game 8: Metro-Ford Wolves vs Punjab Hurricanes 'A'
Game 9: ICSF Pegasus vs Surrey United Firefighters
Game 10: Columbus-Clan FC vs Vancouver Olympics
Game 11: RCIU Legends 'A' vs Akal FC

Was there another merger we weren't aware of? :p

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only 6 Div 1 teams signed up!?!?! Why not try and play against the highest competition? That is the point of competitive soccer.

VMSL needs to improve the competition, and by going down to 12 team Premier was an excellent move. Now - the VMSL needs to break down the DIV 1, into two groups stronger one and weaker one, based on points from this season. Pick 8 strongest DIV 1 clubs, put together with 2 Premier teams going down, and you will have 10 teams who can and want to gain promotion to the next level for next season. *uck these games, where Peg is playing up against 10 men team. Those teams should not be in DIV 1 - simple as that. And that is the reason they do not enter the cup.

The way we are moving the cup will be played between Premier teams, and it will not be as interesting.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only 6 Div 1 teams signed up!?!?! Why not try and play against the highest competition? That is the point of competitive soccer.

VMSL needs to improve the competition, and by going down to 12 team Premier was an excellent move. Now - the VMSL needs to break down the DIV 1, into two groups stronger one and weaker one, based on points from this season. Pick 8 strongest DIV 1 clubs, put together with 2 Premier teams going down, and you will have 10 teams who can and want to gain promotion to the next level for next season. *uck these games, where Peg is playing up against 10 men team. Those teams should not be in DIV 1 - simple as that. And that is the reason they do not enter the cup.

The way we are moving the cup will be played between Premier teams, and it will not be as interesting.

I can speak on behalf of RCIU not entering........there is already the Premier team in the draw so it was decided that both teams shouldn't be in it........

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bad draw for Westside.........

Lobbans are a decent team........and if they get past them.....West Van....ouch.

RCIU's draw is also a tough one......as is ICST Pegs.......

Having said that, I'm guessing SUFF is not too thrilled about playing ICST Peg first round......:eek:

Should be some great games.....

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can speak on behalf of RCIU not entering........there is already the Premier team in the draw so it was decided that both teams shouldn't be in it........

Why not? It's a chance for the 2nd teamers to prove themselves and for the club to enhance the profile.

I remember back in the late 70's and early 80's when my dad's club had 2 teams play each other in the Imperial cup. Both were in different divisions at times, sometimes in the same division. Those were fantastic games with very large crowds over at the old Boyd Oval. Admission of $1 was charged and the atmosphere was absolutely electric.

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why not? It's a chance for the 2nd teamers to prove themselves and for the club to enhance the profile.

I remember back in the late 70's and early 80's when my dad's club had 2 teams play each other in the Imperial cup. Both were in different divisions at times, sometimes in the same division. Those were fantastic games with very large crowds over at the old Boyd Oval. Admission of $1 was charged and the atmosphere was absolutely electric.

I concur....When playing at Westside we had a great battle against our Div. 1 team in the imperial.
I believe it was an OT. win for the Premier team and what a great game it was. No easy task for us and pushed us on to an imperial cup win.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One little thing I left out was when the 2 team's were in Div 1 together. A couple years prior they merged.

Basically there was an all out brawl. It was weird watching it as a kid because, after all of that, most guys were at the clubhouse drinking together after the game. 1st time I started understanding the soccer culture - the closer players are to each other as friends off the field, the more they hate each other on the field.

So maybe Sham-Wow is on to something by not putting both teams in the Cup.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB,

Because of the amount of young players in the Division One squad and with the safety of not being relegated, the coaches and Executive felt the division one cup was a better option for this year. For the record, the division one team played the Premier in a friendly a couple of weeks ago and beat them 2 - 1. :eek:

Maybe the wrong team was entered in the Imperial Cup? ;) :D

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
i'm probably going to get lambasted for being lost in the threads but here goes.:eek:

div 1 and premier teams both compete for the pakenham cup in the fvsl. i realize the vmsl'rs think that the premier fvsl teams are no better than div 1 vmsl teams, but the point remains that the fvsl div 1 teams compete against the much higher quality (and trained) premier teams. I don't think any div 1 teams wimp out - even if they are going to get a stomping. and my club - peace arch - has 3 teams in the pak - 2 div 1 teams and the premier team.

point is, i think it's weak that some of the vmsl div 1 teams don't try to compete for their league's top cup. they should be striving to play against better teams to better themselves.

ok, ready for the return smackdown:rolleyes:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are spot on Rev, all the div. 1 teams should be in the Imperial, plus, it would give you a round number of 32 to start with, 12 teams from Premier, and 20 from div. 1, no team gets a bye the first round. The league should have every div. 1 team in, no choice at all. But the teams in Div. 1 think they are going to get humped, come on, if you are in Div. 1 and even don't train, you should be able to give a bit of a game to a Premier team, if not even pull the upset.

I like the old days, of every division entered in the Imperail Cup, just like the FA Cup, it was great seeing Div. 2 teams on big Cup runs.

hos

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does any know if a div 2/3 team has the option for entering the Imperial?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like the old days, of every division entered in the Imperail Cup, just like the FA Cup, it was great seeing Div. 2 teams on big Cup runs.
... or Div. 3 teams like ours was (Van Forest).:D

Don't know if it can be done anymore, Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't think so, they are signed on a B Cup form so they can compete in the Provincial "B" Cup at the end of the year. If they entered the Imperial, there would be a chance at the Provincial A Cup, at least I think, Azzi would know.

hos

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the record,
I play for RCIU DIV 1 and respect any decision our club bosses and coaches make. That said, we are not wimping out and in fact I think we could hold our own against some of the teams. I am looking forward to cup run regardless of which one we have entered. I've missed the last two years and want to get this started. Lots of good matches coming up. Sapp and ICST should fair well as the promoted Div 1 teams. Lobbans has a good side as well.

Good luck to all!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0