Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup 2009

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This team, even if it won it’s side in Div 1, can’t take the promotion because each Club is only allowed one spot in the Premier Division. Unless you get the Westside scenario, where the Premier team drops and the Div 1 team gets promotion in the same year.

MB, I'm not sure if you were implying that Westside got preferential treatment in the post above but just to clarify for anyone keeping score at home, the team going down and team going up were not in the same CAT system...as you were, Peter

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don’t see the big deal in RUCI (Div 1 Team) entering the division 1 cup. This team, even if it won it’s side in Div 1, can’t take the promotion because each Club is only allowed one spot in the Premier Division. Unless you get the Westside scenario, where the Premier team drops and the Div 1 team gets promotion in the same year.

Let the RUCI Div 1 team play, they are having fun, learning to win and might get the call next year in Premier after the tryouts. That is a great club system, better than playing CAT.

Best of luck in the cup to all of Captain Shamrocks clubs and teams. (too many to mention by name):D

Thank you very much, Mithee. Finally, someone understands. :D :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man, you just blew my mind!!!!! Now I'm really confused. Are you saying that you didn't enter because your team wasn't good enough, but now it is with addition of new players? CS said it was because of the Prem/Div 1 thing.
Your party is going to lose office if you don't get on the same page really soon. I'm calling Vaughn Palmer.

Sidewinder is our treasurer and he was more concerned about the money situation during that particular meeting. :D He was trying to figure out how to sort out the $30 000 budget with only $28 000. :D

Anyway, it was the Div. 1/Premier thing for the final time. Next year, it co uld be different......

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What other cup could the Div 1 CAT team go in? :confused:

Don't enter at all, since one of your earlier "premises" was that you don't want 2 teams in the same club possibly playing each other in the cup and or indirectly- you don't want the "weaker" team to advance while the "stronger" one gets humped. But, you have 2 teams from your club involved in the Div.1 Cup???????????????

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know I just cant understand (even after reading here) why teams opt out of the Cup,,,Cup is Cup! hell you get to play another game,Learn from better teams and players. See where you fit in to the teams above. And the best part,,to upset a better team,the underdog victory, Its mind blowing to me that everyone is not in this Cup.
Man !,Cup is the best part of Soccer. Its like takeing the playoffs out of Hockey or the,,,Cup out of Soccer...Its why they invented Cups in the first place...To drink from the Cup,,the Holy Grail is a Cup,,,My god Im glad to be in The FVSL...We have 3 Cups...And way way more fun.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't enter at all, since one of your earlier "premises" was that you don't want 2 teams in the same club possibly playing each other in the cup and or indirectly- you don't want the "weaker" team to advance while the "stronger" one gets humped. But, you have 2 teams from your club involved in the Div.1 Cup???????????????

Seriously, Shriner, is it that difficult. We thought it was better to have the Premier team go in the Imperial Cup and the Division One team go in division one. We wanted the Division One CAT team to get into a cup also and it so happened that the division one cup was the only cup for the Division One CAT team to enter.

It's not really rocket science....but thanks for your concern, Shriner. Are you interested in running for RCIU President? We're currently looking for someone. Cheers. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know I just cant understand (even after reading here) why teams opt out of the Cup,,,Cup is Cup! hell you get to play another game,Learn from better teams and players. See where you fit in to the teams above. And the best part,,to upset a better team,the underdog victory, Its mind blowing to me that everyone is not in this Cup.
Man !,Cup is the best part of Soccer. Its like takeing the playoffs out of Hockey or the,,,Cup out of Soccer...Its why they invented Cups in the first place...To drink from the Cup,,the Holy Grail is a Cup,,,My god Im glad to be in The FVSL...We have 3 Cups...And way way more fun.

The 3 cups have certainly helped the Valley teams over the years in the Provincial Cup. :D

**** the league then...let's just make it a cup and everyone will be happy. Right, Ghouse?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on Cappy, if you were playing for the Div. 1 team and had a chance to play in the Imperial or some Div. 1 Cup that means nothing, what would you want as a player on that team.

Every Div. 1 team should be in the Imperial. If they want to be recreational, go play in the B cup in Div. 2 and 3.

hos

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on Cappy, if you were playing for the Div. 1 team and had a chance to play in the Imperial or some Div. 1 Cup that means nothing, what would you want as a player on that team.

Every Div. 1 team should be in the Imperial. If they want to be recreational, go play in the B cup in Div. 2 and 3.

hos

There is a reason I retired from soccer 5 years ago. :D

Every division one team who does not have a Premier team also should be in the Imperial, like I said last year. :)

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
CapSham,,how many teams in lower level FA leagues dont have a chance, and compete in the FA Cup,,Please man just cause you give up so easy doesnt mean everyone should throw in the towel,,Its Cup time and every body should be in it,,Its the iceing on the Soccer cake,,Not to win the whole tournament but to mabee just mabee upset a premier club and have someything to brag about over beers with your teammates for a lifetime,,Some guys will never play premier and this is that 15 min of fame so to speek where they get to try and be a star for a day or an afternoon... I cant believe you dont get that...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CapSham,,how many teams in lower level FA leagues dont have a chance, and compete in the FA Cup,,Please man just cause you give up so easy doesnt mean everyone should throw in the towel,,Its Cup time and every body should be in it,,Its the iceing on the Soccer cake,,Not to win the whole tournament but to mabee just mabee upset a premier club and have someything to brag about over beers with your teammates for a lifetime,,Some guys will never play premier and this is that 15 min of fame so to speek where they get to try and be a star for a day or an afternoon... I cant believe you dont get that...

Ghouse, I'll be blunt. You are not part of our club.....a club which has just merged two long time rivals......It has NOTHING to do with the Division One team not being able to win it. We have a VERY young group in Division ONe who have already gained valuable experience throughout the season.......one game in the Division One cup or One game in the Imperial will not change that........BTW, the Division One team has already 'upset' the Premier team in a friendly. :rolleyes: We have young kids on the division one team who will more than likely be playing Premier next year.....they're 18/19 year-olds who will have a great future in the VMSL. Going in the Imperial Cup this year not what we wanted as a club. If your team got relegated this year, and you team won the Jimmywalloper Cup, would that be a successful season?

The Provincial Cup is what everyone is playing for........we have a Premier team who will be trying to get there this year. The Division One team will be trying to win the Division One cup THIS YEAR. Simple, right?

I can't believe you are still whinging about our decision. You should worry about keeping 11 players on the park in your games.......that would be a good start.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ghouse, I'll be blunt. You are not part of our club.....a club which has just merged two long time rivals......It has NOTHING to do with the Division One team not being able to win it. We have a VERY young group in Division ONe who have already gained valuable experience throughout the season.......one game in the Division One cup or One game in the Imperial will not change that........BTW, the Division One team has already 'upset' the Premier team in a friendly. :rolleyes: We have young kids on the division one team who will more than likely be playing Premier next year.....they're 18/19 year-olds who will have a great future in the VMSL. Going in the Imperial Cup this year not what we wanted as a club. If your team got relegated this year, and you team won the Jimmywalloper Cup, would that be a successful season?

The Provincial Cup is what everyone is playing for........we have a Premier team who will be trying to get there this year. The Division One team will be trying to win the Division One cup THIS YEAR. Simple, right?

I can't believe you are still whinging about our decision. You should worry about keeping 11 players on the park in your games.......that would be a good start.

Spot on.....

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What Cup? The Jimmywalloper Cup in the FVSL? :D
I was refering to the TipsyMcStagger Preliminary Cup of the FVSL. You know, that big one that runs from Feb to mid-March. Right before the the Pak Cup, but after the Jimmy Cup, but during the 1st league Cup and ending before the 2nd league Cup of the FVSL.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0