Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup 2010

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
still say it was a flop. Ball was already over the line when he came down. My defender went in after the ball went by then ran into my defender and flopped. Saw it a few yards away and will stand by my opinion.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
still say it was a flop. Ball was already over the line when he came down. My defender went in after the ball went by then ran into my defender and flopped. Saw it a few yards away and will stand by my opinion.

dude. watch the clip. completely mistimed tackle which totally affected a goal scoring oppurtunity.

Peno

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This just in - W.Van will eliminate volleys inside 6 yards from 29's weekly shooting regiment.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do think that of everyone other than Drew and the guy that sold it, 29 had the best view. 29 may have his faults as we all do, but one of them is not his honesty. Drew got the ball, the player fell over him after the fact, embellished it, and the ref seized the opportunity to make a display very late in the second overtime session.

This is all history now though. But 29 is not a dishonest person, and was not the one fooling people on that play.

laylow

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've got to admit from that angle it does look like a PK.....and that's basically the angle Kevin had. So I can understand him calling a PK.
He obviously thought it was no doubt a PK as I would hate to think he would call a PK with 8mins left in the cup final that he wasn't totally sure about.

From my angle, just coming across the 6 yd box (the next defender coming across), and having a good look, same as 29 did, as well as all the croatian's, inter guys and others at the corner flag and behind the net it was a clear dive.
But from the angle there, yes it does look like a PK, especially at full speed. Some decisions go your way and some decisions don't. Of course, we feel like we got screwed, but as has been said, had it been the other way around, we would want that call too.

Yes, our defender shouldn't have gone to ground like that, but that's also easy to say after watching it 5-10 times, at the time, he obviously thought he could get the ball, and would say now he should have stayed on his feet.

The linesman running across right after all this and telling me yes it was a dive, means he obviously saw what we all saw. But Kevin isn't going to change the call at that point.

The fact that Angus said right after ya I took a dive and laughed about it, makes it a bit worse, but u see it everyday in soccer games, forwards are going to do what they have to do to get the calls.

Bottom line, it sucks losing on a PK in OT, but it happend, so we move on and get on with things and we will get over it!

End of fckin story!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, what do you mean he sold it? Did you expect him to try and stay up with some new core maneuver? No one is questioning two nine's honesty. I really believe that he believes. That is another story.:rolleyes:

Anyway. West Van is an excellent team and to say that they couldn't win the whole thing would be nuts. They are quality and what I really like about them, is they have a group of young players, of who many were not Provincial select players as youths, or the "marquis" players as youth, but they continued to develop. Obviously Dailly is doing one hell of a job at Capilano College.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The defender got the ball on that play? That is as clear cut a penalty as there is. Also what's with this stupid notion that it's late in the game how can you call a pk and decide the game. This is just typical 2-9 whining after the fact. I agree with thedrake.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs (and Berg), the redheaded kid for WV in the middle of the park is Alan McIndoe. Ex-Cap College kid. He missed the cup games because he fell out of a tree.

I am serious.

TY Sir M but Regs was referring to a few players in his post, I was simply confirming his guess at the name of the SUFF player. Best of luck in provincials.

ShipItMuppet

Apr 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Drew got the ball, the player fell over him after the fact, embellished it, and the ref seized the opportunity to make a display very late in the second overtime session.
QUOTE]

ya the footage shows how "he got the ball" reeeeeeeally well :rolleyes: LOL

this is a peno in every single way. bottom line.

vancitysbest

Mar 28, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've got to admit from that angle it does look like a PK.....and that's basically the angle Kevin had. So I can understand him calling a PK.
He obviously thought it was no doubt a PK as I would hate to think he would call a PK with 8mins left in the cup final that he wasn't totally sure about.

From my angle, just coming across the 6 yd box (the next defender coming across), and having a good look, same as 29 did, as well as all the croatian's, inter guys and others at the corner flag and behind the net it was a clear dive.
But from the angle there, yes it does look like a PK, especially at full speed. Some decisions go your way and some decisions don't. Of course, we feel like we got screwed, but as has been said, had it been the other way around, we would want that call too.

Yes, our defender shouldn't have gone to ground like that, but that's also easy to say after watching it 5-10 times, at the time, he obviously thought he could get the ball, and would say now he should have stayed on his feet.

The linesman running across right after all this and telling me yes it was a dive, means he obviously saw what we all saw. But Kevin isn't going to change the call at that point.

The fact that Angus said right after ya I took a dive and laughed about it, makes it a bit worse, but u see it everyday in soccer games, forwards are going to do what they have to do to get the calls.

Bottom line, it sucks losing on a PK in OT, but it happend, so we move on and get on with things and we will get over it!

End of fckin story!

Sorry Laylow. I never said I took a dive, I never would. Please do not make up things. Anyways GL in provincials.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

You should be mad at your defender. It was in the heat of the moment but then again at that level all players have to know that a slide tackle in the box like that could be disastrous. Why slide when it is a done play? Granted it 'd be classless to attack a team mate for an error but he basically did you in on that one.

laylow

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Laylow. I never said I took a dive, I never would. Please do not make up things. Anyways GL in provincials.

So you didn't tell some guys on my team u took the dive? Or Inter guys after the game? I guess they're all lying then.

Good luck in provincials...

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You should be mad at your defender. It was in the heat of the moment but then again at that level all players have to know that a slide tackle in the box like that could be disastrous. Why slide when it is a done play? Granted it 'd be classless to attack a team mate for an error but he basically did you in on that one.

Reccos you have no clue never had and never will. You know soccer as much as you know running ICBC clueless

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The fact that he did not answer laylow's question and responded with another question speaks volumes.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
29, Just watched the video and your reaction after the fact made my day. Your a beauty. Glad to see your intensity level hasnt changed after all these years. See you in the Italian League pal.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0