Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup 2011....

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indeed it is shocking the final will be played at Cloverdale. Here is the sequence of events leading to this decision:

1). I speak to Mr. Azzi Monday morning about suspensions, rosters etc. and he tells me that the final will most likely be at Kinsemen because Ruben is having a tough time getting Empire. Nothing is official but we will know for sure today.

2). Less than 2 hours later, the final suddenly appears on the vmsl web site as "Cloverdale"

WTF just happened?

Well, we can only surmise through the evidence in front of us that Ruben spoke to Surrey United, most likely Martin Foden, a league executive and in training to dance naked thru the streets of Cloverdale. Ruben would have had to speak to Martin in order to determine if Cloverdale was available on Sunday. Did he speak to our team about Newton or about anything to do with the field for the final before he arbitrarily made a decision? No, he did not. Is that fair? No it is not. It is completely unfair and quite deceptive.

Yes, we followed up with the league after we became aware of the situation and their response was that "the vmsl thought it would be better to have 2 valley teams playing in Surrey" Well, that's all fine in good but, in reality, it was the league AND Surrey United who made the decision where the final will be played. By some strange coincidence, Surrey United also happens to be in the final.

Once again, the field is not a major issue but the way the league dealt with this is piss poor. As Thomo himself would say, "they haven't a clue, Reedie...not a fcukin clue"

Here's hoping for a great final.

:cool:

Martin Foden is not on the VMSL executive this year he resigned at the last AGM..
His spot was taken by Angelo .
For a ref ,I like Kevin not to many cards but keeps game under control & he is fit enough to stay with play also very fair ref

finisher

Sep 4, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
agree that nothing beats a sunny day out on the pristine kinsman GRASS pitch with the fresh north shore air .... you need to develop traditions and memories from keeping stability in ONE location year after year. It should become like a brand, when there's an imperial cup final, we all should know to go to kinsman. Crowds can form and regular sponsors can start to develop (if the league was run with half a brain and knew to market it and sell ad's to all the local shops up lonsdale and around the north shore).

Going with Rene or another one of the old guards for the final will just favor surrey as they do nothing but give reputation calls. There's a referee who has not shot up b/c he's a little on the chubby side but in my opinion is hands down the best in the province. First name is Gary (forgot his last name) ... maybe someone can rejolt my memory with a quick PM

F

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As unfair as it may be Reedie. If Empire is not available I would lean towards the final being at Cloverdale because SU finished in first, had you guys finished in front of them I would lean your way. You guys had the opening weekend at Newton as well. It's a close venue for both teams in the final.

And yes I live closer to Cloverdale as well :)! See you there and good luck to both.

Disagree, big man....... "By the way, Chelsea, we are moving the FA Cup final to the Emirates Stadium because they are higher in the standings." It should be played at a neutral venue UNLESS the place has been determined BEFORE the competition started. I'm not buying into the "It should be played on grass" crap. How many of these teams have played on grass fields during the competition?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well enough about the pitch for now...how about another interesting decision.....who will be refereeing the final? If I see BM pulling into the parking lot, we may as well pack up the gear and head to the Clova Inn for a pint.

Whistle Blower? No, I think he may have other duties that day with fvsl.

Walks? No, because that would be the correct decision

Captain Crappypants? No, he has been suspended by the league for a point shaving incident in Div 3
My prediction? Rene Parra

Whatever the case, I'm sure Surrey United and the league will discuss it first and come to a decision together.

:cool:

FFS, Reed, you were in on that. I can't believe you mentioned it. God bless, Turkistan, and their 124 goals against. :)

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Somewhere Guinness is enjoying a good chuckle...........

The VMSL Imperial Cup Final being played between two Valley teams in the Valley. Looks like the "V" in VMSL stands for Valley. Nice.

Now, come on Indo and win the Imperial Cup again!!! It's been a decade since Darcy's boys won that that silverware.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Somewhere Guinness is enjoying a good chuckle...........

The VMSL Imperial Cup Final being played between two Valley teams in the Valley. Looks like the "V" in VMSL stands for Valley. Nice.

Now, come on Indo and win the Imperial Cup again!!! It's been a decade since Darcy's boys won that that silverware.

Gilly, are there any Indo players around anymore? I know Darcy is around.......great guy. :)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey Utd 3 Peg 1

Niall scores with 10 left and Riz scores in ET to ice it.

Good match and great pitch.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Score not indicative of the match though...Niall's goal came off of a ping pong bounce around (Niall was ready for it and was always looking to score for the record but a bit lucky to say the least), and Rizal's goal was on a dead breakaway late as previously mentioned while Peg was pressing. Great game with both sides giving fans something to talk about.

Congrats to both teams for a good season.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 3 - IndoPeg 1

Congratulations SU. Tough loss for Indo.
Indo carried the play in the 2nd half and got a well-earned PK with about 15/20 to go. I'm not too sure how it all happened but Peg had a very good chance at one end but SU looked to put some good passes together to spring one of the front runners from centre. A good breakaway save followed by a shot off the crossbar and Nial following it up for a well-placed header. 2-1. SU has tonnes of skill and even with their backs to the wall, they keep calm.
I thought IndoPeg pushed a little too soon when Riz was all alone from his own 40 yard line with 5-7 minutes still to play. The momentum Peg had it seemed like it they were not too far off from tying it.
Just wondering - was Kindell chirping at the Peg bench after the 2-1 goal? If so, what an idiot, considering he did nothing all game.

All in all a good game with plenty of emotion and grit. Considering the field was bumpy and made for some scrappy situations but the skill on both sides showed and the game was very entertaining and well played.

Great day out at CAP
SU brass put on a great show; Gatorade for players, concession for the fans, team bench tents and posted team changing rooms. It makes me wonder how on earth SFC got the 2006 Canadians and not SU.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Refereeing Crew
Walks, fantastic job in the middle for the Cup final. Cool, calm and let the players let off some steam without throwing the cards around. I thought the PK call was correct and there wasn't too much complaining about it. I thought the ball was outside the box, but the man was definitely in the box when he was taken down. You were a good crew. Maybe BC soccer will keep you guys together for Cup. Ha, wtf am I talking about!

We complain a lot about referees but they are way better today than in the past - and a lot more of them.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey Utd 3 Peg 1

Niall scores with 10 left and Riz scores in ET to ice it.

Good match and great pitch.

Obviously, you can't see. The pitch was shite..........nice one, VMSL...........The better team did not win on the day. One team tried to play football..........one didn't. End of story. If anyone can argue this, please do so. ICST Peg were the better team on the day BUT the chances didn't materialize..............

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For someone who prances around like the **** of the walk, getting into a tackle here and there and then getting into peoples faces like a tough guy, then chirping to the bench like he is the reason for Peg's demise - yes he is a putz.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, there were certainly a lot of talking points afterwards but I think we can all agree it was a great game yesterday. I am very proud of our team's performance and obviously very disappointed with the end result.

Congratulations to everyone at Surrey United on winning, they are an extremely difficult team to beat. I believe we created more chances over the course of the game and I thought the momentum would really shift in our favour after we tied it up. But, to their credit, Surrey responded and you have to take your hat off to them. Despite the fact it was a dodgy decision to suddenly have the game at Cloverdale, Surrey United also did an extremely good job of hosting the event. A lot of work went into that and it is appreciated.

I barely noticed Walks all game, which means he did a brilliant job, as per usual.

This one really hurts but we will have to learn from it and regroup for the Provincial Cup. The next question becomes can Surrey United complete the treble?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0