Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van vs Ajyal
SU vs Inter
Metro-Ford vs Columbus (MOTW for sure)
Peg vs Westside

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First 4 qualifiers are set now for the BCs with results from last night:

West Van 2-1 Aijal
Inter 2-1 SU
Columbus 3-2 (PKs) Metro-Ford
Peg 4-0 Westside

The Inter over Su must be considered a very large upset, no?

Sep 29, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus keeper on fire ....... He stops 3 ok,s .wtf ....
And they played with 10 men in overtime and last 20 minutes of the match.... Good peanut gallery was on hand...

And the metro ford was reduced to 10 men for ok,s--I smell something funny going on here

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
First 4 qualifiers are set now for the BCs with results from last night:

West Van 2-1 Aijal
Inter 2-1 SU
Columbus 3-2 (PKs) Metro-Ford
Peg 4-0 Westside

The Inter over Su must be considered a very large upset, no?

Thought it was only the Imp Cup finalists that get BC spots? Also 7 spots for VMSL this year I heard?

So top 5 plus 2 from the cup. Anybody else know? If that's the case lots for Inter and Peg to play for in the semis.

Also yes Inter over SU I would consider an upset yes.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VMSL Provincial Cup allocations, unless changed recently, have always been:

• 4 Imperial Cup Semi finalists
  • X top spots in league final standings
So if the league standings were final as of today, the VMSL BC teams would be (assuming 7 get in as you say this year):

West Van (cup)
Inter (cup)
Columbus (cup)
Peg (cup)
SU (league)
CCB (league)
MetroFord (league)

Teams right now that have ZERO chance of making the BCs this year:

Norvan
Westside
Chile (lost to Croatia last night)

Teams right now that have a Dumb and Dumber chance of making the BCs this year:

Croatia - sitting on 27 points with 3 games left
LFC - sitting on 25 points with 3 games left

The teams they are chasing:

SU - sitting on 35 points with 3 games left
CCB - sitting on 33 points with 3 games left (scheduled to play LFC tonight)
Metro-Ford - sitting on 33 points with 2 games left

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If so, as usual, the league does a bang-up job in minimal communications to people who might have a small interest in it :rolleyes:

That being said, I tried to find out all the league allocations for BC spots on BC Soccer and couldn't find anything.

Change for the better is over-rated anyways.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If so, as usual, the league does a bang-up job in minimal communications to people who might have a small interest in it :rolleyes:

That being said, I tried to find out all the league allocations for BC spots on BC Soccer and couldn't find anything.

Change for the better is over-rated anyways.

I also searched for about 30 minutes on the VMSL and BC Soccer sites and found nothing. I guess BC Soccer allows each League to determine how they want to allocate their Provincial spots. The best info I could find on the VMSL was here on TTP. I then checked the FVSL site and found their breakdown of Provincial allocations in less than a minute.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I also searched for about 30 minutes on the VMSL and BC Soccer sites and found nothing. I guess BC Soccer allows each League to determine how they want to allocate their Provincial spots. The best info I could find on the VMSL was here on TTP. I then checked the FVSL site and found their breakdown of Provincial allocations in less than a minute.
I heard they changed it last year (!!??!??) It's the finalists of Imperial and works down from there in the league.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Its much easier to update the site while the crops lie fallow.

Sep 29, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter looks good...... Peg is out there making a statement.......I told a colleague the exact same thing you 2 just said at pub 2weeks ago.

They are playing like the old peg who were national champs. I would hate to have to play them right now.....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well in, Apprentice. I watched today's game and thought the Columbus was a bit fortunate to get the result. Having said that both teams had several really good chances with Peg having control of a good portion of the second half and extra-time. Columbus' keeper had two brilliant saves while Andy made one cracking save in the first half. It was a heated games at time and it's good to see that Columbus whine as much now as they did 5 years ago. :) Columbus looked very tired and were playing for penalties going into extra-time....or so it appeared. Good luck to both teams in the final and unlucky to Peg. I'm sure a lot of teams in the Provincials are happy that they won't have to face Peg in the tournament. Congrats to the boys on staying up deservedly avoiding relegation.........even though you paid thousands and thousands of dollars to keep you.....:rolleyes

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 1-0 WV. Inter played for pks for 120 min. They got to pks and won it in the fifth shooter. Erman man of the match by far. 3 or 4 huge saves in the game. He should be getting the pizza for his performance. I don't think inter had a shot on goal. Man in the middle was brutal. Usually a Lino but got his first premier game in a cup semi final. Good luck to inter and Columbus.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Imperial Cup championship match prediction ------ Italy will win. Who would have predicted an all Italian final?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0