Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Indo Canadian Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is khalsa's first season in the premier and indo have just got back in the premier, if these teams carry on playing like they do i believe they can be competitive with the other teams in the big league's local and national's. I think both these teams can have the pick of the indo community and if they asked players to come play for them it would be better soccer for the kid to develop. I really think indian soccer teams are heading in the right direction now, the players are more skillful and fitter and play in a better team spirit.
The summer tourneys are supposed to bring the community together you get to see old friends have a few beers, but this does not mean you don't play to win .In the youth side of these games there is alot of money spent and alot of time put in to developing theses kids it also keep them out of trouble.

G-spot

Jan 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow

well said and that pretty much sums up all the arguing for indian tournaments.

you hit the nail on the head!

Khalsa

Aug 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo and Khalsa

I don't think indo and khalsa should combine, indo has started a youth movement with adding talented young players. The older guys will stick around till the end. With Khalsa it was the first year, they need some more players but will always have a strong team due to its PCL team. Next year I think both teams will do better in the premier but as everyone agrees even premier soccer is not the same anymore.

Khalsa is entering the tournaments but do to some injury's and PCL duties might night have a great team.

G-spot

Jan 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Yowen, how do u think Sikh Uni... oh sorry I mean MEDALLIONS, are going to do this summer?

Looks like to me that alot of them are passionate and looking forward to playing in these tourneys.

G-spot

Jan 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So now I heard today that PFC is joining with Van United. Does anybody have any other info. to add to this?

competitor

Mar 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tournament Draw

Were the draws for the 1st tournament today? If so does anyone know the draws.
I believe no Indo, but many Indo players available to play. Any guess on who will win.
I predict a Khalsa-Squamish win over Van United. 3-1

:bronco: :bronco:

Reshams Buddy

Sep 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver (Ross ST.) Gurdwara Soccer Tournament 2003

MENS OPEN / 40 Minute Halves
ALL GAMES ENDING IN A TIE WILL GO DIRECTLY INTO SHOOTOUT, NO OVERTIME

Pool A

GNSC vs. Khalsa SC May 17 9:00AM (A)
Sher-E-Punjab vs. Akal FC May 17 9:00AM (B)
Winner 1 vs. Loser 2 May 17 1:30PM (A)
Winner 2 vs. Loser 1 May 17 1:30PM (B)

Pool B

Sikh Temple vs. S.Stars May 17 10:30AM (B)
Khalsa vs. GN May 17 10:30AM (A)
Winner 1 vs. Loser 2 May 17 3:00PM (A)
Winner 2 vs. Loser 1 May 17 3:00PM (B)

Pool C

PFC vs. Abby Utd. May 17 12:00PM (A)
Van United vs. Richmond FC May 17 12:00PM (B)
Winner 1 vs. Loser 2 May 17 4:30PM (B)
Winner 2 vs. Loser 1 May 17 4:30PM (A)

Semi Finals and Finals to be 45 minute halves

Group Winner vs. Group Winner May 18 9:00AM (A)
Wild Card vs. (next)G.W. May 18 11:00AM (A)

Finals: Semi Final Winners May 18 5:00PM (A)

NOTES:

(A) = Prince Albert E 43rd Ave & Prince Albert st
(B) = Pond (E 41st Ave & Windsor st)

In Pool B, Khalsa has dropped out.

PFC to win this tournament.
--------------------------------------------------

GO PFC GO!!! :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa: :wa:

THE PFC BHANGRA TEAM IS BACK AND IN FULL FORCE!!!

#7 enough said

Apr 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
which one is which

yah but which one is gn b and which one is gn a in the group???? and which khalsa pulled out the u-18 khalsa? oor the squamish one?

competitor

Mar 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
predictions

Akal from Group A
GN from group B
Van U. from C
Temple is wildcard Group B

Final GN over Van U.

Still unsure which Khalsa dropped out!

Who is Shooting Stars (PFC?) then who is PFC?
Who is share Punjab?

Reshams Buddy

Sep 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wildcard protesting essay; by Resham Singh and Reshams buddy

Dear Competitor Paji, Khasa "B" has dropped out of group B.

With Khalsa "B" dropping out from Group B, we can pretty much conclude that a wild card spot will not be coming from this group. The reason mainly lies on the fact that this tournament is worked under the 10 point system (6pts for win, 3 pts for each goal to a maximum 3, 1 pt for a shut out, 1 pt for a tie) and this means that with only 3 teams in this group, both Sikh Temple FC and GN must play each other. One of these teams must either win or tie which means that the other team will be losing points. Hence, in group A, Khalsa has a very easy game against GN "B" and Akal has a very easy game against Sher-E-Punjab. Thats basically a win right there for both teams, then Khalsa will play the loser of Sher-E-Punjab/Akal which most probably will be Sher-E-Punjab and Akal will play GN"B". Having said that, both teams have 2wins and no losses. Now lets take a look at group C; we have the mighty PFC taking on Abby which in all honesty is an easy win for us and then we have Van. Utd playing Richmond which again is an easy win for Van Utd. In game 2, we would play against Richmond which is again another easy win for us and Van Utd would play against Abby which is another easy win for them. Havig said that both teams from Pool C earn a record of 2 wins and no losses. So whats my point paji's??? well my point is that with four teams winning all there games, one team is going to get screwed and I hope to god it isn't my team. I predict that in this tournament there will be a lot of fighting (more than usual :D ) because 1. Group B has no chance of producing a Wild Card and 2. one team that wins all there games is going to get screwed over also. Basically, the structure of the scheduling was very tuttyish. They should find another shite team because there are no other good teams out there unless INDO FC comes in and make a 12 team tournament and group the teams into 4 pools with 3 in each, having the top team suceeding to the semis. I'm not taking the pee pee out on the other 4 VERY WEAK teams in pool A and C but reality states that those teams will be beaten. So how does a team qualify to the semis in Pool A and C??? score as many goals as u can.....beat the living fcuk out of your opponent. Otherwise one of us four teams that won all our games is going to get scrwed over. This kind of reminds me of the year that India was in the nations and won all three of there games and yet failed to qualify for the next round because Germany had more goals than them. Expect the same thing to happen here for one of the teams.

Here are mine and my best buddy Resham Singhs predictions for the upcoming event:

Pool A:
Akal FC

Pool B:
Surrey Jacks aka GN

Pool C:
PFC

Wild Card:
Khalsa

Akal FC vs. PFC
GN vs. Khalsa

Akal will beat us because some of us have to be somewhere else on sunday evening and we rather go there then play in the finals----not an excuse, no seriously its not :rolleyes:

Surrey Jacks will beat Khalsa.

Finals:

Surrey Jacks vs. Akal FC

Akal FC wins in penalties..........again :eek:

my predictions might not be correct because there will be a lot of suitcase players suiting up for different teams this year (as expected) and this might have a totally different outcome.

Ok my paji's, I typed out a very long essay for all of you to read because it has been a very long while since i lasted posted, so expect more essay's like this in the future. :D

GO PFC GO!!!!!!!!!!

:bronco: -------> RESHAM SINGH
:wa: -----------> PFC bhangra team
:knvb: ---------> ME!!!!!! aka Reshams buddy

competitor

Mar 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
10 point system

It is very good that you told us the structure of the tournament. What will happen if GN comes from pool "b"
In Pool "a" Akal and khalsa win both games at score of three to nil
In Pool "b" PFC and Van U. win both their games three to nil
that means each team will have 20 points will it be 4 way penalty shots. I hope it doesn't happen but could you calrify the rules if they have a plan just in case.

I change my prediction after very good information from Resham's Buddy
Akal from "A'
Indo-Temple from "B"
Richmond and Van U. from "c"

Sorry if you have somewhere to go sunday you might as well start partying early and let somebody else play sunday.

Akal will not be in final because GN won't be there
Indo-Temple over Van U. in final.

Will we see any teams trying to finish as wildcard so they won't have to play a team from other group . That is why 10 point system is good. If you score 1 less goal to avoid a team you could be out of the tournament.

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The people that complain about the format of the draw's should give there head's a shake. Have they ever arranged a tornament with nearly 140 teams entered, have they ever done a schedule and try to make a tournament work, i say no they have not. Ok maybe next year they can make alternative suggestions before the draws are done, bit it's a bit late now.

#7 enough said

Apr 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Teams

does anyone know who the new teams are?? who plays for Share Punjab and Richmond United?? Abby has entered before there a yonug team that may compete this year, who is playing for khalsa squamish, and who is playing for akal??? are guys like harry and raju who played for khalsa in winter gonna stick with them in summer or are they going back to akal??? Shooting stars is a under 18 team with a new mix of some older players i believe. All in all the first tourny should be an interesting one. my pick is Akal vs Van United in the final good old hated rivalry with akal winning in pks

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
memorial tournament

I am not sure about the new tournaments. There is no Khalsa-Squamish..........it is straight Khalsa...we have no Sqamish players. As for Raju and Harry.....I think they will go back to Akal....Don't be surprised if this tournament is disorganized.... I think a number of the "new" teams will drop out before the tournament starts........

Should be an interesting weekend

competitor

Mar 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
disorganized

Most of the tournaments become disorganized at 1 point or another. If some of the newer teams drop out do you think it would be fair to redo the draws or just play with the way they are already set up.
Harry & Raju and other akal players go back. That still doesn't change the fact that Van u. has some suprises for the rest of us. There is a new flight from India every 2 days I'm sure they were able to get a few players waiting in the arrivals area, holding signs like" Looking for my pa" , "Free taxi ride", "We can give you a job, can you drive, No? that's still okay".
All fun aside they will do well, somehow they always find a way. Plus some of those boys from India are Good.
Look's like if Indo's not entered, the birring boys will be back with GN. But how about the next tournament?
Any guess on how many Indo players will be playing in the tournament.
Akal - 2 the Aujla's
GN- 2 The birring's
Khalsa- Didar?
Temple - 4 The Lidder's , Sukhi, Normie, Didar?
Van U. - 2 Sandi, & youngster

Who is Shar-e Punjab?

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
None of the Indo guys will play on Saturday...they have a wedding in Victoria

I think they should redo the draw.....cause it will screw things up if teams drop.......how will they decide the wildcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0