Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Into The Wind- The Terry Fox story

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
That one was much tougher to find, I ended up d/l it via bit torrent. Got me a MONEY copy though that I have now watched three times. Wow, what a movie...

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for rubbing it in!!!:(

I have to learn about this torrent stuff you mentioned. I have a feeling I'm missing out on stuff!

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing to it djones...download a program like u torrent, then google something like say, "The Two Escobars Torrent" and it will bring up a list of results. Pick and download a file and save to desktop or a folder you can access easily. When dbl-clicked, the torrent file will launch u torrent and your download will start automatically. Enjoy!!!

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing to it djones...download a program like u torrent, then google something like say, "The Two Escobars Torrent" and it will bring up a list of results. Pick and download a file and save to desktop or a folder you can access easily. When dbl-clicked, the torrent file will launch u torrent and your download will start automatically. Enjoy!!!

... or D/L a DivX version when you search, burn it on a cheap disk and watch on your big screen.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cheers!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
... or D/L a DivX version when you search, burn it on a cheap disk and watch on your big screen.
Even better, get yourself a Patriot Box Office and a USB hard drive... NCIX has the PBO going for $65 after MIR, got mine last weekend.

Cheers,

Regs.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even better, get yourself a Patriot Box Office and a USB hard drive... NCIX has the PBO going for $65 after MIR, got mine last weekend.

Cheers,

Regs.

Now what am I going to do with my DVDR stack? ;) ... I haven't read the specs... so you're connecting direct to your TV's hdmi?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup, the PBO even comes with an HDMI cable.

If you have a home network, it can access files on it as well (as long as you connect it to the network of course).

The PBO pretty much decodes/plays any file format you throw at it... including accessing and playing your music files.

I'm setting up PlayOn this evening which should open up a bunch of online video options to be streamed onto my HDTV.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup, the PBO even comes with an HDMI cable.

If you have a home network, it can access files on it as well (as long as you connect it to the network of course).

The PBO pretty much decodes/plays any file format you throw at it... including accessing and playing your music files.

I'm setting up PlayOn this evening which should open up a bunch of online video options to be streamed onto my HDTV.

Thanks Regs. Just ordered from ME... free shipping and no enviro levy...

Patriot Box Office Media Player w/ 1080p, HDMI at Memory Express Computers

Cheers.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Or even better, just plug the USB into your PS3 and watch it from there. That way you don't have to go buy this Patriot Box thing. And if you don't have a PS3, it's a great Blu-Ray player too :)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't need a BR player if you have a PBO :)

But I will ask this - does the PS3 have the necessary codecs to play any file format you through at it? I haven't looked into that myself.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't need a BR player if you have a PBO :)

But I will ask this - does the PS3 have the necessary codecs to play any file format you through at it? I haven't looked into that myself.

Since I'm an idiot and not sure what that means, I'll say this. In my time with torrents and whatnot, I've come across a few .avi and .mpg files that won't play on the PS3. Now whenever I download something I just use the FLV Crunch video converter (free on CNET) to convert it to .mpg4 (or whatever mpeg 4 is called) and I've never had an issue watching anything.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
How long does it take you to transcode the download into the playable PS3 file?

Depends on the quality. If it's an HD download maybe 45 minutes, the 30 for 30 have taken max 20 minutes. May have to do with computer speed as well, my old one took forever to do anything but I'm fairly certain you have an adequate computer :)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0