Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

iPhone Apps

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
atdhe.net lists a lot of games that are on justin.tv

A native iphone app for that service (that just showed the links that when clicked would launch the apps needed to view) would be the ultimate.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Try using WiFi instead...no data charges and better feed usually.

True, but a constant WiFi feed on the go is tough to come by... that was the knock on the original Sling app.

atdhe.net lists a lot of games that are on justin.tv

A native iphone app for that service (that just showed the links that when clicked would launch the apps needed to view) would be the ultimate.

Maybe in the 4th generation... :cool:

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone got any cool apps to share? Trying to load my phone up with them but don't want to waste time/money if they aren't worth it. I've actually found SimCity to be a great time waster while wating for something or the wife is talking.

My friend just made one called Order Pizza - it's free.

And Ironically it let's you order Pizza!! :bronco:

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone get on or getting on the iPhone 4... death grip and all? I'm thinking about it as my 3G is getting a little old and slow.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have enough Fido bucks to get one for nothing (at least no cash now, I've already paid for it...). The "death grip" is not an issue for me as it is clearly marked. I don't know how long it will take for one to be available but I hope to get one before month's end?

I will be retiring a 3G that with a cracked case that has served me well over the years. I'm taking my 85 year old mother to get an iPad tomorrow so she can surf in her favourite chair instead of having to go upstairs to where her iMac.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have enough Fido bucks to get one for nothing (at least no cash now, I've already paid for it...). The "death grip" is not an issue for me as it is clearly marked. I don't know how long it will take for one to be available but I hope to get one before month's end?

I will be retiring a 3G that with a cracked case that has served me well over the years. I'm taking my 85 year old mother to get an iPad tomorrow so she can surf in her favourite chair instead of having to go upstairs to where her iMac.

The "death grip" isn't a big concern for me either. My contract runs out in a couple of months but I'm thinking of trying to upgrade soon and take advantage of the $30/6GB offer thats back. I'm with Rogers BTW. We'll see how my "negotiations" go ;).

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is the $30/6GB offer available with Fido as well?

I'm using skype more and more to make calls - if I could dump voice plans or at least go to the bare minimum I would in a heartbeat!

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm pretty certain all carriers have it going since the new iPhone launch. For a "limited time" of course as everyone is trying to lock you in for another 3 years :(.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the Fido site you have to enter your number and area code and then they tell you what your iPhone 4 will cost you. I have 3 plans and according to Fido, all of them are eligible for the upgrade price: $159/16GB, 269/32GB.

This is weird because the three 3-year plans are due to expire in: 12/11, 07/11, and the last one is month to month as the contract ran out a while ago. I thought you were able to upgrade if you were within 6 months or something. I believe the upgrade is tied to the data plan. Two of mine are 6GB and the other is 500MB, I don't know what they are currently offering but will find out soon.

The number I use is a grandfathered City Fido (unlimited local calls for $40/month) and I have to be careful what I do otherwise I lose it: if I do certain modifications or add-ons it will void my plan but the Customer Service department is pretty good and tells me what's going on.

It's all very complicated and I think the cel industry is finally changing in Canada to cheaper, more flexible plans so I'm a little hesitant to lock in for 3 years...but I WANT one!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did a quick search and it appears the 6gb data plan IS available with Fido...

Time for a phone call.

Using Skype.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I haven't tried the latest rev of Skype on my 3G but the version I did try last fall sucked. It was awesome on my laptop but was practically unusable on the iPhone (3G)...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's been great for me - I've got the yearly Skype 'subscription' for $30 that allows me to call regular phones unlimited in Canada.

The new version can run in the background as well. I think.

I'm currently paying $90/mnth for my phone which is way too much for the usage it gets.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think I put 15 or 20 dollars into my Skype account a long time (over a year) ago and still have $8.51 or something...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0