Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

IT 2002 Predictions

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you talking about Your Shite Surry U. vs Skagit game

What was the score in that game, how many goals did you score at home on the weekend.

Ask your wife mabey you can Score at HOME.

HOSwantstoseeBenjivsKNVB
Backpocket,Backpocket:eek:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Treviso v Campania...should be a good tilt at Clinton Park with two of the better teams going head to head. If Treviso plays smart I think they can come away with the points but if they let Campania have alot of space it will be lights out. So I say they tie:confused: 2-2

At Adanac, Abruzzo will rebound with a win against the Sensei-back riding bums from Veneto. Abruzzo has to get new coaches or somebody has to tell them to switch the line-up. They have scored two goals on penos and have two great goal scorers playing out of position in the midfield. Put those guys up front and they will score.Abruzzo 2 Veneto 1

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions

Abruzzo 2 - Veneto 0

Fil and Batista to score to get Abruzzo out of their slump,money players step up when something is on the line,are u guys money????

Campania 1 Treviso 1

A good battle between 2 very good teams.

Just call me Jim Feist:D

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Apprentice and Jimmy Holiday

Bang on, with your predictions....

What are the numbers for the Super 7 Friday??:confused:

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Take that to the bank

Zaurinni

Just call me Jim Feist:D

Never had any doubt that you would step up and lead your squad to a much needed victory.Will Abruzzos fortunes change or will they fall back into the same funk they have been in all year,we'll see this weekend???????

Campania 1 Treviso 1

Kind of a boring game to watch with Paul Favaro opening the scoring in the first 5 mins and Benji replying with about 10 mins left to play with a great finish.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This Sundays Showdowns

Some interesting match-ups....
CamPan - Pugs
Tough one to call with both teams playing well...
I like Pugs chances here, Campan are due to lose one of these games...
Although Benji scores yet again on another Break Away....Pugs 2-1

Calabria - Veneto
Veneto were missing some key players against Abruzz, and whether they get them back before sunday is a big question....if so, I'll take a 1-0 Veneto win...

Catz - Trev
Another battle of two cup contending teams...
Catz pulls through on Jimmy's second of the game
2-1

Froot Loops - Abruzz
No question. Abruzz. With a win, we clinch!
After scoring our first two non-peno goals of the season, we seem to have the confidence we were missing earlier in the tourney...Froot Loops will battle hard in to the end with no luck.
2-0 Abruzz....with that HOS lowers his GAA to a stunning 4.34. Well done on lowering it HOS!:D :D :D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friuli will beat Aboobz

Phil, I like the confidence you have in your team but the presure is far greater on us than your sad bunch of White Shoe wearing team mates.

The veterans on the team will all show for the game and will win this game or face the chance of the season ending with still two games remaining.

9 points out there for us and we need them all.
We will get them all.

HOScan'twaittoplayWhiteBoots:D

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ARe you still getting the nod???

When are they going to turn to whats-his-name that looks like The Saviour???

White Shoes Roberts will score his first goal of his ITal career on sunday.....errr, well his Third goal, if we are counting the two he put into his own net last year.

HOS is SOL

Tomasiker

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hossie

Sorry dude, can't come home yet. It's killing me to see Friuli in this state. How's the beer?

Since this is the prediction section I'll begin with this Sunday's Friuli match. If the Friuli players hold their annual naked beer run before the Sunday, it's a guarenteed win. In the past three years, the game after the run has always been a win. Play 10 at the back and hope for a lucky bounce. Pred. 1-0 Friuli.

Pred. #2 Tony Gaita gets blinded by whip cream at his stag and can't see what's going on. Jimmy Holiday, in the spirit of the moment, fakes a flying body slam only to have the momentum of his treep actually make him collide into Tony. Both players suffer minor injuries forcing them to take sick leave from their jobs that lasts 31 days. They both get to watch the World Cup.

Pred. #3 Stef Rossi is Jim Neighbors!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good to hear Tomasi has Faith, White Shoes Scores, But it's another OG

Tomasi, we will pick it up for you and all that you have given the club and left on the park, game in and game out. That includes your kit in the Naked Beer Run.
Pints have not tasted so good this year, I guess lossing and having 18 g.a. has a lot to do with that.
I think we match up well vs. Aboobz this weekend, and that the big guns will be firing.

HOSisdoingitforTOMASI
ThatincludestheNakedBeerDash

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wednesday NIght

Wednesday nights have caused trouble for Calabria in the past...so I'll take a Campan win 2-0.

Friuli should also keep the streak alive, but it will be closer than Sunday's match...
Froot Loops 3-1....no, HOS has to keep his GAA...4-3 Froot Loops.;)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It could get tighter than T.A.'s ...

If Zaurrini's picks are correct for Wed., then this Sunday will be very very interesting.

Catz vs. Campania at High Noon for the league Championship. A Campania win on Wed. sets up a showdown for first place on Sunday between these two Big Guns. The winner of this game gets a bye into the Semi's.

Then the other three games on Sunday will all determine who is in, who is out and who will play who the following Sunday.

Treviso vs. Venito at 2. When Venito loses to Friuli on Wed., they will be in a must win on Sunday with only 5 points, Treviso has looked strong all tourney, and have got some great keeping form the young M.F. keeper.

Friuli vs. Calabria at 4. Repeat of last years cracker semi-final that went to P.K.'s. This will again be a great match, with the Friuli Club in need of points to get in the play-offs in front of Aboobz or Venito.

Puglia vs. Aboobz at 6. Puglia could have a shot at first place if Catz and Campania draw. Abrutz will need to win to get into the play-offs if both Friuli and Venito get win on Sunday.

It is going to be a great finish to the tourney, with any one of the above three teams missing the play-offs with a lose.

HOSlovesthePressure :D

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Calabs have a chance

It may be an outside chance, but Calabria have a chance at repeating first place, and gaining the bye.

So, dont think your game next Sunday will be easy.

Win Wednesday and then wait to see how Veneto does on Sunday.
A Veneto loss, and they are out....and we (Froot loops and Abruzz) can enjoy the rest of the day:D :D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Regs

I'm no mathematician, but I count 8 teams above :rolleyes:

~TB.

You can say that again:eek:

Regs, lets get you up to speed on the I-tal tourney. A win by Friuli on Wed. and Friuli (6 pts.), Aboobz (6 pts.), and Venito (5 pts.) will all be playing for the final play-off spot. You still with me.

None of these teams play each other, so they are the 3 teams fighting for play-offs. Still with me. The first game is for first place, so I don't think either team is in danger of missing the play-offs.
If this is not clear, then I will put it this way, your former team Aboobz has a very good chance of missing the play-offs.

HOSnotagoodSpeller,butnotbadatMathematician:rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS is getting wound-up... I can tell. Please confirm, TR

HOS,

You mentioned 8 teams in your post and then ended with "any one of the above 3 mentioned teams"

Like your WC group C posts today, that is wrong.

~TB.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, You can only Wind me up in the Campbell Thread

Don't ask TR any questions, you might wake him up from his coma.

Regs, I wish you where still in the league and then I would'nt have to explain all the possibilities to you over and over. Plus your move is in the Hall of Fame, no move has come close to it yet.

Yes, I did mention 8 teams, but I also mentioned that the last three games had teams playing that needed win to get into the play-offs.

Regs, I thought I was clear, but perhaps not, Imagine if an Italian poster tried to explain it to you.

"If that fukcing team wins, and the fukcers loss, then every one is fukced"

I think I was clearer than that.

HOS

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is the Tie-breaker

If Friuli gets by Veneto.
then loses on Sunday...

Veneto gets a tie on Sunday, and Abruzz lose on Sunday...

There will be a three-way tie with 6 points.

What is the tie-breaker?

Head-to-Head?
In which case Fruili gets the 6th spot, and Abruzz the Seventh...

Goals Against???
Well, Do I have to go there HOS?????
;)

Curious, as we should know before the games are played tomorrow night...

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are closer than you think

I may have GAA of 4 over 5 games, but Friuli has 10 goals for, so we are -10. You're coach said after the game that Abrutz is -8.
That is very close coming down the stretch.

I talked to Carm before he left for World Cup, and I think he said it was goals for as the first tie breaker, but I am not 100% sure.

Friuli is not bad with 10 goals for, Abrutz is not so good when it comes to goals for.

Lots of scenarios could take place.

Friuli must concentrat on Wednesday first and not look ahead past Venito, they are a very good team.
Showtime in the back better watch out.

HOS

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts