Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Italian League 2003 Tourney Results and banter

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a geeger eating spectator tonight my friend

Walks,

I believe that is a violation of the referees' code of ethics, number 666.6969. You might want to think about things more carefully before you type in this forum. ;)

the bitch

May 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tonights match

I would just like to apologize for my actions tonight during the game. It was wrong of me after the play to retaliate and go after the Abruzzo Player, I think his name was dave.

So I take responsability for my actions and like to say Sorry to Dave and the Abruzzo team for my actions tonight at the game.

May someone please let them know.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the heads up, but who the hell won the game bitch?

I hope the Abbrutz team lost, was Millar playing for Campania this year?

HOS

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There's no better way to convey a heartfelt apology than to post it on the internet, and ask somebody to pass along the message.

This is the equivalent of quitting your job via email, or breaking up with your girlfriend on MSN messenger. Neither of which, based on personal experience, yield very impressive results.

Anyways, congrats to whomever won (you think in the midst of saying sorry, you could have posted the bloody score) and an even bigger congrats to all the tournament executives who kept the Italian League running for another summer. Special thanks to Carlo Zavarise, who routinely sifts through these threads looking for hints and suggestions to improve the quality of the Italian Regional Tournament.

And, because nobody posted it all summer....

WHERE IS GINO MUOIO?

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eventful evening

Abbrutzo 1 - Campania 3

Game was okay I would say the majority of play was for Abbrutzo however they had huge problems hitting the net. Campania went up early on a defensive mistake. It stayed 1-0 at half and then abbrutzo tied it with a great crack from Gomesy16. I can't remember all the details but Number 7 on abbruz was sent off for a studz up tackle on kindell it was first a yellow but I think he got a second for yapping:eek: . That opened the game a little more as campania start to attack and found the back of the net again, and then again later.

Game was abonded(sp?) early as Dave Rossi went studs up really late on kindell and kindell didn't take it with a smile for the second time in the game. Kindell then studz rossi in the back and all hell broke lose, it look to be okay until Rossi lost it on his way back to the bench he attack the other bench and had a stand off with a campania player. That Player hit Rossi good, with a great tyson left hook, rossi took it well , I would have been down for the count if that was me. Then again wind knocks me down.:rolleyes:

Looking to see what others thought of the situation and the game.

Cheers
JB

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, that sure makes my previous post seem kind of useless.

I bet those running the league are thrilled that the championship final, which they specifically choose to play at Swanguard to entice a large crowd, didn't even get finished due to a brawl.

I remember when they used to televise the final with numerous repeats on channel 4. The Italian league may just be a summer kickabout, but the final game at Swanguard was always something of a showcase game - how many other summer leagues shell out the coin to play at that type of venue? - and for the game to be abandoned.....it's kind of lame.

I'm sure there will be more eyewitness testimony in the following days, but as it stands right now, this looks like a big black eye for everybody involved.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm sure there will be more eyewitness testimony in the following days, but as it stands right now, this looks like a big black eye for everybody involved.

I am sure that there are plenty black eyes around!!

Congrats to Campania

Cheers
JB

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
tossers.........

If you're avoiding seeing me again by knocking about with a pack of bottomite, soap-dodging dagos you're a bigger twat that I ever had you pegged for, Sensei.

And that's saying summat.

Sounds as thought you'd have been far better off fulfilling yer co-ed commitments with the useful players on the Dragons than poncing about with the Guido-set. You'd have loved playing against the hopeless, try-far-too-hard nonces the Dragons took the piss out of tonight. Even with D. Robertson and his goatee.

Apart from number five on the red side's right wing. The bird who kept hiding the entire match, wanting fcuk-all to do with any of it. Lovely little thing she was. And dead kind to animals too, I'll wager.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apart from number five on the red side's right wing. The bird who kept hiding the entire match, wanting fcuk-all to do with any of it. Lovely little thing she was. And dead kind to animals too, I'll wager.
Her name is Christine and she drives an Audi TT convertable. Hope that helps Fasty. Look her up next time you're in town.

Back on topic: Brawls are cool. How many people attended the match?

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brawls are cool???Maybe in the valley TheRob. Not in a final!!

Dont be surprised if this tournament will not be around next year, after the gong show at the end!

Id say about 200 people were there!

Congrats to Campania I guess!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS back next year

Originally posted by zenga
Dont be surprised if this tournament will not be around next year, after the gong show at the end!

I guess my water bottle throwing incident a few years back is childs play compared to this year.

Hope to be back next year, but I will have to discuss that with Friulli Managment tonight at the annual Friulli wrap-up dinner on the West-side.
A few of the boys will be over at HOS's and we may have to head up the street to Bimini's or Hells Kitchen.
Listen for the FRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUIIIIIIIILLLLLLLI cheer if you are in this area tonight.

HOS

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0