Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Italian League 2003 Tourney Results and banter

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Puglia treviso

seeing as how Zenga has yet to post, I'd say Puglia won....

Sensei, sorry about the kiss of death, but it is still better than the Black Hole:eek:

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Veneto

We worked exceptionally hard, but probably wouldn't have scored if the game went 180 minutes as opposed to 90

Even Super Pippo wouldnt of scored with the likes of myself stopping ;)

Sensei

I agree with you totally,you guys did well up until our 20 yard line and then couldnt create much...Your number 13(I believe he was a Roselund) did well,he came on with about 25 to go in the 1st,created some good chances and then didnt start the 2nd:confused:....You guys have some good talented youth and will get some results.

I believe Puglia beat Treviso 4-1.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well.......

Nobody told me Holiday was stopping....
I would have predicted a 0-0 game...no, wait....1-0 with Holiday scoring to boot!

Memories.....memories.....:eek:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, he's a Roselund. He and Zavarise had to leave at halftime to due to other soccer-related commitments. Otherwise, I suspect they may have never left the pitch at all.

Our best chance in the second half came when our right back tried to slam a ball into the mixer and it turned into a lethal worm-burner of a shot....nobody moved, including your keeper. It speaks volumes, however, when your best scoring opportunity is a shanked cross.

Adanac is in terrible shape...one of my many insider league sources informed me that this is the main reason why they've been forced to utilize three different parks for the summer season. While it may take away from the atmosphere, it kept them from chewing up what's left of Adanac two weeks into the season.

We need a result on Sunday.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry lads busy at work and at the Au Bar last night.

We lost 4-1 but we didnt have all our players Ill use that excuse.

Seems like everybody else is right TA.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The last weekend will be huge with the battle for first with the first round bye up for grabs, Abruzzo look the favorites after a huge massive victory against Fruili who will probably get in to the playoffs and if they have a full side come playoff time they can be a tough team to beat.

Veneto are in trouble despite having most of the play we (Treviso) came up with a win, we seem to play better with only 11 guys. All Italian lineup just like Chievo Verona. Calabs looked impressive with another of the lop sided victories and look to be ready for a post season run but I have always enjoyed playing Calabs in the playoffs. Jimmy, Calabs and Treviso, have had some memorable tilts no????

The only team I havent seen playing is Campania whom Treviso plays this weekend . Should be a good final weekend and lets get ready for the playoffs.

Catz, Treviso needs some help so beat Abruzz please.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tomorrow

Catanzaro and Veneto collide....

The Professor may blow a blood vessel by the end of this game, as I am saying veneto to steal a victory riding the shoulders of Sensei!!!!

witnessed Some great :rolleyes: goalkeeping by Sensei a few years back at Clinton, as Sporting were heading for Premier. (Dropped ball ring a bell)

But, I am taking a 1-0 Veneto win....and three popped blood vessels by the Prof.

Black Hole Inc.

Zaurrini

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Prof will be dancing

As Sensei simply put

We couldn't score in a monkey whorehouse with an armload of bananas, and I don't care if that's copywright of Fastshow, it's the goddamn truth.

...and coupled with I suspect Catanzaro having a full squad,the score will be 2-0

Forza Catanzaro!

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team Doctors have cleared the Apprentice for Italian League Action.... Although this does not improve Catanzaro's chances of a tounament title, it does bring the leagues total of substance abuse violaters to 43.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Says Who

Originally posted by The Apprentice
it does bring the leagues total of substance abuse violaters to 43.

That sounds like a very conservative figure, for even the I-tal league, are u sure you counted all the old-timers.

Great League, no Drug Testing
like the CFL
Crank Football League

HOS is all Natural Baby

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS

Fruit loops miss you dearly.....I take it back. It wasnt you that made the team so very bad last year....please, return to the mother league!

Rumours of a folding Friuli may come to 'fruition' if the team does not make the playoffs.....

Where is Tomasi when you need him most?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: HOS

Originally posted by Zaurrini
Fruit loops miss you dearly.....

The team is some major troubles, from what I have heard, the young players on the team can't carry thier weight like the young blood on some of the other teams.
A classic was when one of the vets told me that 17 and 18 year old kids are crying about being tired after 20 min. of play, and the 32 year old guys are running miles.

The team will re-group, I will be coming out for moral support in the coming weeks, and the team will make the play-offs, look out for this team, they have pulled the upsets before during play-offs, they just all have to get healthy.

If Tomaszi is out there, I will be back next year for one more kick at it, if he comes over the pond to suite up in the blue and yellow one more time, even one game (The Tomaszi Testimonial vs. Venito would do).

How about you Zurrin, you and white shoes coming back next year, or are you two going to stick with the Greeks?

HOS

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
fading....fading....

Catz 2
Veneto 1

Our early pressure went for naught, and the game was turned around with the insertion of the Dormers midway through the first half.

Then I blew out my hamstring in the second half, we scored our first goal in over 230+ minutes of action, and we lost yet another game.

Italian League is fun.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry to hear Sensei

I now know how a long term (over three months) injury feels....
Enjoy the weather, and drink beer.

I pick Veneto to Lose on Sunday....betteR?

Only in the itie league can a team go 1 win and 6 losses, and still qualify for the playoffs......

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't listen to them.

They don't understand that us keepers are a senseitive lot.

After last night's game my bollocks are so senseitive that I have named the left one Alan Alda and the other left one, Phil Donahue.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts