Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Italian League 2003 Tourney Results and banter

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well,

The tourney starts this weekend...

Not much talk going on.

Partly because HOS is no longer playing......

This weekends games:

Abruzzo 2- Veneto 2
Fruili 1- Catz 4
Calabria 3 - Treviso 1
Puglia 2 - Campan 0

For the cup,
I heard rumours of calabria bringing in some players to improve their chances....but, one guy they brought on has NEVER won the cup in his illustrious 15 year Ital League Career.
the only cup to avoid him.......

Expect another disappointing finish for Calabria this year.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-2 Treviso Calabria. Treviso had more of the play but both teams missing some key players.

The young lads did well for Calabria.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Missed the first game , the result was 2-1 for Abruzzo.

Catanzaro and Friuli was not the prettiest game of the day and it was clear that both teams were missing some key players. Alot of missed chances mostly on the part of catanzaro but Bruno Papa was able to snipe one in the second half to give Catanzaro the 3 points.

Calabria played their farm team and were still able to get a tie...Inter, i mean Calabria will do very well once their players return from provincial cup responsibilities. Kevin Crouch from SFU played well up front and i think he potted home both goals for the yellows. ZENGA got caught napping on one of the goals(nothing new there), and Marco for Calabria was beat with a very,very,very weak hit from 40 yards out...he lost it in the sun:rolleyes: ;)

Puglia looked very good in the last game of the day but were not able to seal the deal against Campania. They scored in the first five minutes but had trouble getting it by Denis Kindel for the rest of the game. Campania had a 2-1 lead but had trouble defending and Puglia tied it in the second half.Puglia is very offensive and could have been up 3 or 4 in the first half alone.Campan was missing a couple key guys and should be a good squad.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hair Got in the way?

You should have listened to me before the game started instead of trying to find out which club was bumpin on the weekend....

AUBARSTAR;)

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wednesday Night

Who is playing?

I think I'll skip the Canucks game and come watch......

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Puglia vs Fruili @ Clinton park @ 6:30pm

Weekend line up for Sunday

Veneto:D vs Friuli @ Adanac @ 12pm

Treviso vs Abruzzo @ Burnaby lake @ 1pm

Catanzaro vs Abruzzo @ Burnaby lake @ 3pm

Campania vs Calabria @ Adanac @ 6pm

Cheers
JB

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sunday matches ......

Just to lend J_B a hand here ......

Catanzaro vs Puglia @ Burnaby lake @ 3pm

walksshouldknowashe'sinthemiddle :D

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks let me know when you are in the middle for a Treviso game Ill slip you a game just to call a few for the good guys!!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
read, and re-read

Originally posted by zenga
Walks let me know when you are in the middle for a Treviso game Ill slip you a game just to call a few for the good guys!!
Still dont know what he is trying to say.

Walks works for geegers. (say that three times)

Super Pippo

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zenga

Originally posted by zenga
KNVB shut the **** you dont even play in this league.

Happy now??
that is because he is STILL playing in the Provincials, unlike Peg.

Is that about right, KNVB?

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks loves the geegers ......

Walks works for geegers. (say that three times)

Walks works for geegers.
Walks works for geegers.
Walks works for geegers.

Done ...... can I get a spicy one now Super Pippo ?? :D

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its great to to be able to ttp from the grandstand

Zenga, the way you looked in the first game, you would have to give Walks a dozen geegers, some fresh panini and the geeger stand to give your team a chance.

go back to the dj booth;)

the bitch

May 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weekly Report

Yes the italian league has begun, and boy I must say its been a very slow start. Many people not happy with the games being at seperate parks, which is very true. It sucks the big one. But then again come June, the league will be hitting its peak, with all the games at good old Adanac Park.
Also with playoffs around the corner and Friuli being out again watching from the upper corner on the hill, it will be just like old times.

Looks like the mighty Calabs will have a strong team this year, but I think they might be missing one key player, muw hahaha...

Friuli once again gets a good start to there season. But then again I think they will get a win off Treviso, for the lack of Luca D refusing Friuli's contract... Apparently not enough pasta after the game, was the key detail for him not signing.

Puglia once again puts out a strong team. Im very impressed with there attack. They come out strong and with little Valente, I think they can cause problems...

Campania this year looks like they could be very strong up front, and if Kindel and Miller get it sorted, there D might just be as strong.

Catanzaro, Abruzzo, and Veneto once again have a decent squad of players, but I don't see them standing out as favorites, however I also don't see them doing any worse then Friuli did last season.

Once again games are this sunday, come cheer on your teams, and hopefully we can get this sausage stand out there this year.
Rumours have it, that if Friuli lose there first 3 games, they will most likely fold, and will be forced to start up the propane.

Your Weekly Report
the bitch

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0