Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Italian Tourney 2004

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Italian League is less than two months away so it might be a good time to get the latest gossip,news, and info. up on TTP regarding this years Tourney. Not to sure if there are any new teams this year- maybe the professor or zenga know of any- so the schedule will probably be the same as last year. To recap last year, Abruzzo won the league, Campania won the Playoffs, Veneto couldnt muster out of last place, and Friuli was the worst team to ever make the playoffs.

Heres the link for the Website ( which probably wont be up to date till 2006)
and the schedule.

Post Away :rolleyes:

http://www.icsf.ca
http://www.icsf.ca/docs/Schedule%20Final%20%20(Logo).pdf

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumor has it that Treviso is stalking up!

WAB, Mike Favs, The Apprentice are all coming over to Treviso! Arnie apparently has finally hung them up so look for the Trevis imports to be Kent (my job might be in trouble), Robert Sing from Sapp and look for some big striker who is near the top of the scoring in the VMSL to join the squad, with young Andrew Proctor as the under 18 import.

Treviso looms to better a great season from last year after sweeping the Vezina. Norris and Hart tropies we want the cup!

thatbetterta??

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was talking to Zaurrini last night and he informed me that Abruzzo will be pulling out of this years tourney due to lack of funding/Sponsorship. It's pretty sad to see one of the better teams forced out of the tourney due to lack of funds. I figure most of the players will be dispersing to the 7 other teams in the league, So it could make for some interesting moves. I asked him what happened to the sponsors and he said that there was an argument between the two sides and the sponsor told the club to find someone else money to spend . He also said the Chunger is to busy with Columbus :rolleyes: and left Abruzzo hanging ......Maybe Fil can add to this.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Apprentice said:
... and Friuli was the worst team to ever make the playoffs.

Teddy TA, I hope that Danny is bringing in some young blood from Columbus for Friuli this year, because all the old boys are done, I think. Sarge did his shoulder in, so he is out and I think Doddy is taking the summer off, that is two of the top players right there, so they may need those Abrutts cast offs big time. Perhaps they will bring in Reedy for another run, I think he played 45 minutes of a season a few years ago, but he sure is a character.

hos

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Apprentice said:
I was talking to Zaurrini last night and he informed me that Abruzzo will be pulling out of this years tourney due to lack of funding/Sponsorship.......Maybe Fil can add to this.

Well, it was true....
but then WAB stated he was leaving Abruzzo (typical hyprocrite)...and our accountants said that with the money we are saving on WAB's geeger and pizza allowance at the A-Bar (not to be mistaken by the AuBar for all u newbies) we are now able to keep the team running, finnancially anyways for the next millenium.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With all his vast experience in the field of coaching Puglia should field a strong team :rolleyes: Maybe if the league rewarded teams for pull at the Roxy they would have a shot at the playoffs.

I also heard the Professor is a little upset with the Damage trying to poach players away from other teams. A couple of days on the job and he is already busting nuts. :D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: WAB to join the Rangers

AP Press
March 26 2004

The overaged, high-priced, and underachieving club from the North announced today WAB as their new coach for the upcoming season. Bearing the likes of superstars Paul Favaro ($18M), imports Kent Weachter ($13.5M) and Arnie Mears ($9.8M), "Romeo" ($6.9M), and Zenga ($13.25M), Treviso FC were the favourites leading into the Italian Tourney playoffs. Their dream season bitterly ended with a first round defeat.

"Hey, I'm here to whip these guys into shape." a fashionable WAB stated confidently in the news conference attended by as many as 35 reporters. "I may be getting only $150,000 to do this job, but I'll get their respect through hard-nosed discipline, hazing, and a lot of berating. It works everytime!"

Black bands were worn in Celano today after the big signing.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Coach,

It was the second round of the playoffs! We beat the worst team ever to make the playoffs Fruili in the first round.

Welcome aboard!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: WAB to join the Rangers

whataboutbob said:
imports Kent Weachter ($13.5M), and Zenga ($13.25M).

You really broke the bank on these two, but who plays where, can Kent play out anymore, and can Zenga play the pipes anymore, after a season with Columbus.
HOS is thinking that Treviso will be the worst team to make the play-offs this year :D .

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutbob said:
Does beating Friuli really count anymore?
No.

I heard the Damage is out of Puglia, and Nick the ref is taking over from his brother to run the team. Should be a well run organization :rolleyes:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
G-C-G

WAB isn't playing.

Rumor has it Mike Favaro is signing with Treviso. It would be a 2 year contract worth $8M, but the bastard wants a signing bonus of $28.5M! His brother ($36M over the next 2 years) will not be happy if Treviso accepts.

I'll keep you posted.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The tournament starts this weekend.

The games start at 12 noon

12:00PM Veneto vs. Puglia Adanac Park
02:00PM Abruzzo vs. Catanzaro Adanac Park
04:00PM Treviso vs. Campania Adanac Park
06:00PM Friuli vs. Calabria Adanac Park

Puglia is out. Apparently nobody wanted to run the team!

As for major signings TA is back with Catanzaro. They told the Dormers to hit the road and have signed Darko from Croatia and rumor has it Didar will join the southerns, aswell as young Tyler Roselund. Looks like the Professor wants the Coppa. Along with Johnny Pesh and Captain Carm they look to be strong.

Calabs from what Ive heard will be the same accept Jimmy Holiday will be behind the bench but we all know if that one certain player is playing they wont win anything.

A coaching change at Treviso as WAB was lured away fro Abruzzo to join the Sky Blue and white that sometimes wear yellow! No major signings should be the same team as last year with Kent and Robert Sing from Sapperton along with Arnie are the imports and Andrew Proctor has signed as the under 18 import. Management is still trying to get Mike Favs the brother of last years MVP Paul Favs bask to AC Treviso.

Rumor has it that defending Coppa d'Italia champs Campania have signed Vince Peregine. That would be a huge help to the back line. The bitch is suspened fro the first few and might not have a full squad if Inter continue this cup run, same goes for Calabs.

Havent heard much from Abruzzo just that the Gk will be different, and I heard Veneto is in shambles, maybe they can pick up some of the Puglia players.

Huge changes at Fruili as the management there has brought in Marc D'Andrea in goal Alex Elliot up front along as Adam Costly and some Ryan guy from Peg. Maybe they will grab Bunny from Puglia as there seems to be a Big Peg feel there with Sarge,Doddy and Robi I, for the worst team to ever make the playoffs.

Thats it for now let the games begin down to seven teams, so Im guessing they all make the playoffs.

TA, Fil anybody else, any other rumors out there?

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumour.

WAB is available for the Ital league this weekend....but, does his red card from our game sunday carry forward to the Ital League???? :confused:

Abruzzo will have the same core players as last year...with the addition of a new import to be named tomorrow!

Dom Cibelli will be filling the void left by D'Andrea.
Quality keeper with excellent ball handling skills....Dom that is.

Should be a blast!
Missed all of last season...hopefully, I cannot play for another two weeks with this cup run.

Pippo

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard Costley is not playing with Friuli, they went out and signed Jordan Roselund. I think D'andrea is playing in the pipes for Friuli. There Coach is a Wanker ;)

scilaci

Dec 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well its that time again!!!! Boy, is this league gonna survive another year?? It seems to me that this league next year.... if its still on???? will be a weekend tourny and thats sad.

Anyways, for the Puglia organization, i would like to say that was absolutely pathetic in not giving the core of the team a chance to prove themselves. Way to go and destroy the league even more. nuf said.

Campania will repeat once again but on a better ending thats for sure.

Gino Moio, you will be missed.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0