Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

KDS Tourny

bhop116

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
does anybody know what the draws are like for the mens open gold for the upcoming KDS ross st tournament?

bhop116

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, three per team.:D

Similar to other ethnic tournies I believe. (I-Tie League, Greek league I think may have something similar, etc.)

only for mens open gold and womens open gold i think. i dont believe the kids are allowed to have imports

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So if I was to develop a "White Canadian" tourny and allow 3 "Other than white" entries per team allowed would that be okay?

bhop116

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
its not only the indo canadians that do it. i think fijians and greeks both have tournys that r similar... so i guess if u really wanted to u could :)

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So if I was to develop a "White Canadian" tourny and allow 3 "Other than white" entries per team allowed would that be okay?

If you were to have a Italian Tounrey just for Italians, A Scottish tourney just for Scotts, a British Tourney just for British, a Greek tourney just for Greeks, A Portuguese tourney just for Portuguse, yeah, that would be okay.

Wait, there have been tournies like that. Nobody cares. I certainly don't.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Girth ,
Go find another thread. Like Gurps has said this is more common than you think...

Sepp Blater wants to do something similar - if this so bothers you so much - go write a letter to FIFA:

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has told the BBC he is ready to challenge the European Union to get a quota on foreign players within European teams.
Blatter made his comments in response to an NOP poll of football fans for BBC1's Football Focus.

He wants clubs to be limited to five foreigners in their starting XI to allow homegrown talent to flourish.

Sandman

bhop116

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
so back to the original question... does anybody know what the groups are like for the mens open?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bhop, I don't think the schedule is out yet. Draws were last week, but I imagine it takes some time to get field allocations, etc.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Girth ,
Go find another thread. Like Gurps has said this is more common than you think...

Sepp Blater wants to do something similar - if this so bothers you so much - go write a letter to FIFA:

Sandman

After my two bits Sandman, I'll go find another thread, but you are absolutely full of it, and so is your community for justifying shite like this.

its not only the indo canadians that do it. i think fijians and greeks both have tournys that r similar... so i guess if u really wanted to u could

WRONG!

Those other tourneys have an import restriction based on NATIONALITY, NOT COLOR! Plus, it is fairly well known those are loosely enforced.

FIFA has proposed an import rule based on NATIONALITY, NOT COLOR. Example, it doesn't matter if you are black, white, oriental, south Asian, or pink- if you are English and want to play for England, you are not considered an import. Same would apply in every country.

I also know that in the Indo leagues there was once a rule that allowed imports ONLY if they were Fijian. I.e.: BROWN.

So, seriously, fcuk off with the double standard and justifying reverse discrimination. Any league that bases their import restrictions purely on color of the skin makes me sick.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,
Fcuk off and get your facts straight - its not based on color. Anyone with Indian heritage is allowed to play....If a white person has an Indian passport or if their parents were born in India. THEY ARE ALLOWED TO PLAY.

I havent been involved in the tourneys for quite a while so maybe someone else can provide better insight, but the tourneys have evolved for the better over ther years.

Have tourney organizers had issues in the past with the import rule? Absolutely. The only grey area in the past has revolved around fijian players. For example, Ivor Evans was considered an Import....this was not based on his color...rather his nationality/passport/birth certificate. He had no indian heritage.

So honesty, Dude - claiming that my "community is full of shite"...is right out of line...its people like you who jump to unsubstantiated conclusions that make me sick.

So if you or any of your "white" friends were born in India or have parents that were born there and you want to play this weekend, show me a passport that has India on it and I promise you - you will be allowed to play.

Sandman

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What would you say, Sandman, if I told you one of my Nephews was a 100% born Fijian kid, and I told you he plays as an import for an Indo team. Then what if I told you I made an enquiry with his Dad so my son, ½ Fijian but definitely more on the “Caucasian” side of things, could play through the spring w/ his cousin.

What if I told you my brother in law went to get him registered, when he knew there was a spot available for a Fijian kid, and was turned down after finding out it’d be a white kid joining the team?

Seriously, Sandman- I was disgusted. Again, the community and blatant reverse discrimination makes me sick.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
These tournaments have been going on for a number of years to support and grow Indian soccer. The committee have decided that they want to increase the competitiveness and increase the standard and therefore have allowed each team to bring in two non indians. This is not racial and is not intended to be racial. The ultimate goal of these tournament is to promote indian soccer. It is not meant to be racial. These are about four tournaments in the summer where a community has come together to support and in some cases to remember individuals who have passed away.

Just my two cents

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,
I dont get your issue - but let me spell it out once again:

-Color is not a factor
-Like i stated before the Fijian issue is "grey"...hence the "Ivor Evans Rule". Also note that Indian players are "imports" in the Fijian leagues.
-If your nephew, son or whoever are more "caucasian" and they or their parents have an Indian birth certificate....I will guarantee they will NOT be considered "imports"....feel free to PM me...I will ensure that happens.

I dont know how much more clear I can be COLOR DOES NOT MATTER...its based on nationality. If there are issues you encounter that does not jive with what i have said...PM me.

FFS!
Sandman

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough, and I'm just getting worked up because it is personal, but don't claim, please, that this doesn't happen. It does.

Good luck w/ the tourney- hope it goes well. I'll check out now.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0