Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

KDS Tourny

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,

I dont know how much more clear I can be COLOR DOES NOT MATTER...its based on nationality. If there are issues you encounter that does not jive with what i have said...PM me.

FFS!
Sandman

Sandman is right.

It is not based on colour, but nationality.

Fijians are a "grey" area as many are Fijians of Indian descent. "100%" fijians are considered imports.

I know for a fact there area few "mixed" nation guys that are playing. One of their parents is Indian, and they are allowed to play. Even if you can prove that Grandparent is Indian, they are not considered a import.

This is not a color based system, but a nationailty based one. Quit trying to turn it into something it is not.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What if I told you my brother in law went to get him registered, when he knew there was a spot available for a Fijian kid, and was turned down after finding out it’d be a white kid joining the team?
QUOTE]

My guess is your son just isn't good enough to play. There are many, many fiji's of indian descent playing. Lot's. There are also many half white, half brown players playing.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good effort, but trust me, he'd have been just fine. The Indo league isn't that good. It was a sight unseen thing.

I am telling you what happened, and you are trying to spin it. Excellent work.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes- and a red commie bastard at that. :D

Indeed there are Gurps. I sent Sandman a personal note just sort of “Letting him know”. Problems like these typically are not at the administrative level, but more like at the coaching / team management level. I got my back up because there is a blatant denial here from you guys that is "policy" based, when in fact I know that reverse discrimination does indeed happen.

To your point, I also know one kid I coach, who is a pure standout in his age group, and in the next age up. He’s blond, blue eyed, and as white as it gets, and he was aggressively recruited for a spot in the league because of his outstanding talent.

Again, my kid is good (good enough to be selected to the Surrey United academy earlier this fall), but he’s not pursuing the game seriously next year, and this wasn’t a big deal to us. He wasn’t going to play spring ball otherwise, and this just meant he spent more time doing other stuff this spring. No big deal to us. I just get my back up about the flat denial, when I know for a fact that the reverse discrimination did indeed happen in this case.

Anyhow, my intention isn’t to embarrass you, Sandman, or the tourney organizers, so I’ll (hopefully) leave it at that w/ my two bits.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes- and a red commie bastard at that. :D

Indeed there are Gurps. I sent Sandman a personal note just sort of “Letting him know”. Problems like these typically are not at the administrative level, but more like at the coaching / team management level. I got my back up because there is a blatant denial here from you guys that is "policy" based, when in fact I know that reverse discrimination does indeed happen.

To your point, I also know one kid I coach, who is a pure standout in his age group, and in the next age up. He’s blond, blue eyed, and as white as it gets, and he was aggressively recruited for a spot in the league because of his outstanding talent.

Again, my kid is good (good enough to be selected to the Surrey United academy earlier this fall), but he’s not pursuing the game seriously next year, and this wasn’t a big deal to us. He wasn’t going to play spring ball otherwise, and this just meant he spent more time doing other stuff this spring. No big deal to us. I just get my back up about the flat denial, when I know for a fact that the reverse discrimination did indeed happen in this case.

Anyhow, my intention isn’t to embarrass you, Sandman, or the tourney organizers, so I’ll (hopefully) leave it at that w/ my two bits.

Dude, I can see where your frustration is coming from. If something like that happens again, PM me or Sandman, or even Whiste Blower, and we will ensure it is brought to the attention of the organizers immediately.

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Dude the FVSL All Star game against the Island is on 8th June at Newton Park, come early and check out the east Indian tournament that we are hosting at Newton on the same day .

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I'm in town, I may just do that. Only if you're reffing, and I can heckle you. I'll get the inlaws to teach me some cool new words that day.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's not right...missing akal fc, temple. No indo teams (they don't exist anymore).

I heard Temple plays PFC, so I guess 'Indo A' referred to Temple, and Indo B must be Akal then?

Sounds like a strong tournament. With the exceptions of SUFC/Desmesh (nothing personal, just reality), anyone could win it.

Any player moves/summer drama to report?!

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What if I told you my brother in law went to get him registered, when he knew there was a spot available for a Fijian kid, and was turned down after finding out it’d be a white kid joining the team?

Maybe your kid is a shitty player and the coach didn't know how to say it to him because the lack of english??? Or maybe your kids dad is a bastard and the coach didn't know how to say that?:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatever. This is the type of response I'd expect from you. Go back and read. This was an isolated incident:

~I'm not claiming my kid is an all-star, but he was certainly good enough in September to be selected to play in the Surrey United Performance Acadamy after his trial with them. He'd have fit in just fine w/ his age group.

~This was a "sight unseen" decline by this team's coach, as I'm told, because it was revealed that although he's 1/2 Fijian, he's mostly white, and there were "No Gora allowed". Don't think I don't know the implied meaning of that word.

~I got my back up at the beginning of this thread due to the fact that it was strongly denied that reverse discrimination does not happen in the Indo leagues, when in fact I’d experienced it first hand.

~My kid understands Hindi / Urdu well enough due to growing up around the Fijian side of the family, and it is my brother-in-law's 1st language. Language barrier is a total weak-sauce excuse. Granted, I only know some words and phrases. Gora, for example.

The fact is, in this case, there was an open import spot, and he was turned away because he is white. Full stop. Now, had they seen him play, perhaps they would have changed their thinking. Perhaps not. He’s, like I said, and above average player- better than most, but not an all-star. Had they seen the other young kid I coach (Mini Dude's best buddy), who is nearly ****ing Albino he's so blond, they would have DEFFINITELY swallowed their pride. No doubt. This particular team's coach had it in his mind that his import spots were going to other brown kids, and that was that.

Listen, I made peace w/ Sandman and Gups about this yesterday. To me, it is water off a duck's back. Who am I to claim to be a victim, or my kids to be a victim, of racism? Let's be honest- as a white guy I know we have it easier. Fact is, we'd only made the enquiry so Mini Dude could play a bit of spring ball w/ his cousin. He's dropping soccer next year for hockey anyhow, so it isn't like this affects him.

That being said, do not sit there and deny that reverse discrimination does not happen. I absolutely does, and it has happened blatantly at the grassroots level of the Indo league.

At least Sandman and Gurps are pure class about explaining from an administrative side, this type of action is 100% not acceptable. I absolutely trust them at their word. Normally I would not even bother posting in a thread like this, but good old Girth had to go stirring the pot (likely sitting back w/ a nice wide grin on his face now). You, however, decide that it is a good idea to take it to the gutter without reading everything written here. I wonder what you would have thought had the FVSL had booted out GN Sport due to the Indo content of that team, instead of simply being a piss poor organization?

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I disucussed the issue with Dude what happened to his kid is utter garbage, and has no place anywhere, in any league. The rules of the Indo league are simple. If you have a connection to the country, you are allowed to play, regardless of colour. If someone was not allowed to play due to their skin colour, even though they proved their connection, then I would be pissed off as well. So would many of you. I guarantee it. That is not the league policy.

End of discussion.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I'm reading here Dude's Fijian family is Native Fijian, not Indian (hence why his 100% Fijian nephew is considered an import). So there is no claim that a "white" kid with Indian heritage was denied a spot on a team, but rather just some non-Indian was denied an import sport.

Shouldn't allocation of the import spots be entirely up to the coach of the team? Maybe the coach was reserving his import spots for all-star players? Or maybe he really did have a preference for "brown" imports, but there's no way to create a league policy to deal with that. I could just as easily enter a team in any of the local leagues and arbitrarily refuse to sign any Ginger kids, just because... and there's not a damn thing anyone could do about it.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza: do you know what "No Gora allowed" means?

You could do that, but it i right to discriminated based on being a red-headed stepchild? Or Chineese? Or Brown?

Again, I'm not bitching- this situation did not hurt us in any way. I just get sick of the outright denials that it "doesn't happen". It does, even it it is outside of the organizers control.

Anyhow- Gurps, all class. Good luck in the tourney, hope it goes well.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, growing up on the westside I didn't have many opportunities for Indo language exchange. I did however learn plenty of cantonese and can guess that gora is similar to gwai-lo.

Of course it's wrong to discriminate for any of those reasons and shame on that coach if that was his reason. I'm just saying it's difficult to pin any of the blame on the organizers, or even to expect them to know about it.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0